: Site nearly un-usable

jcarlilesiu
03-21-11, 05:08 PM
I don't know what is going on with this site, but I am finding it increasingly impossible to navigate. Between all of the advertisements that have to load, then pop-ups, it takes forever to get to a page, if it ever happens at all. When I click a pink to a thread, it looks like 3 or 4 pages load according to my IE status bar at the bottom. Backing out of a page takes a double click, otherwise it just reload the same page I am on.

Is anybody else having these issues? I find it easier to just browse from my phone on tapatalk as the web version is impossible.

Sent on tapatalk for Android

Submariner409
03-21-11, 09:09 PM
..........sent on hunt and peck Ancient Laptop.

Become a Supporting Member or above and the majority of the time-consuming advertisements disappear.
Get rid of IE and load Firefox or Chrome.

jcarlilesiu
03-21-11, 09:53 PM
I understand the need to pay bills or even make little cash. There are two ways; advertisements for members and member sponsorship.

However, when the advertisements impede the ability of users to use the site, then it is almost like forcing sponsorship. I am not going to be bullied into paying, or accept a terrible site.

I think ill just move on. Those advertisers won't stick around long with no membership, and sponsor members only pay once.

Bad long term planning.

Stingroo
03-22-11, 10:11 AM
Cheerio good sir. I would think after almost TEN YEARS online, long-term planning is a pretty strong point of this website.

Good luck with your SRX.

hueterm
03-22-11, 12:44 PM
I understand the need to pay bills or even make little cash. There are two ways; advertisements for members and member sponsorship.

However, when the advertisements impede the ability of users to use the site, then it is almost like forcing sponsorship. I am not going to be bullied into paying, or accept a terrible site.

I think ill just move on. Those advertisers won't stick around long with no membership, and sponsor members only pay once.

Bad long term planning.

Buh bye...oh, and Supporting Members pay annually.

Lord Cadillac
03-22-11, 01:00 PM
I browse the forum as a guest so I see every advertisement - and I'm not having any issues.. So it's difficult for me to tell what you're seeing.. Maybe my screen resolution is so high that the ads don't get in the way. What's your resolution set at?

I don't know what is going on with this site, but I am finding it increasingly impossible to navigate. Between all of the advertisements that have to load, then pop-ups, it takes forever to get to a page, if it ever happens at all. When I click a pink to a thread, it looks like 3 or 4 pages load according to my IE status bar at the bottom. Backing out of a page takes a double click, otherwise it just reload the same page I am on.

Is anybody else having these issues? I find it easier to just browse from my phone on tapatalk as the web version is impossible.

jcarlilesiu
03-24-11, 08:33 PM
Thanks for actually working to address my issue Lord Cadillac, but never mind it isn't worth my time.

Too many john hardguy internet warriors on this site, apparently especially the ones that have been here awhile. If I were you, I would be concerned about douchebags like these from representing your sites interest.

Anyway, good luck with your site.

Lord Cadillac
03-24-11, 09:10 PM
The playground has to be worthwhile (for you) to play on if you're going to deal with bullies. And there's always bullies.. Unfortunately for me, this site isn't worth the trouble for you. I wish I could find a way to please everybody - but I cannot. When you need us, we're here. Until then, I wish you all the best...

Sal C.

JimmyH
03-25-11, 08:48 PM
Thanks for actually working to address my issue Lord Cadillac, but never mind it isn't worth my time.

Too many john hardguy internet warriors on this site, apparently especially the ones that have been here awhile. If I were you, I would be concerned about douchebags like these from representing your sites interest.

Anyway, good luck with your site.

Wow. If you walk into an arena and act like a warrior, what do you think is going to happen to you? Sorry you don't like the site. There are tens of thousands of us who do. Every day.