: what do you set your Onboard MSG center to

ThumperPup
03-21-11, 04:18 PM
Just wondering
do you set your On board MSG center to a Specific setting and keep it there all the time unless you want to see something specific or does it not really matter where it is to you

for some odd reason i find myself always setting it on the MPG Instant setting if i ever notice its not there i always right away change it back to there

Playdrv4me
03-21-11, 04:22 PM
Thanks to GM's worthless fuel gauges/senders, mine is pretty much always on the "FUEL USED" display, so I can keep specific track of the gallons used, rather than the worthless needle. This goes for the Escalade, and also when I had the '92 and '01 STS.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-21-11, 04:40 PM
mostly instant econ with occasional check on avg econ.

My cars dont get the best gas mileage, and it doesnt really bother me, but i do like to be as efficient with what i have as possible

I make it a game and my avg econ is my high score.

ThumperPup
03-21-11, 06:01 PM
Thanks to GM's worthless fuel gauges/senders, mine is pretty much always on the "FUEL USED" display, so I can keep specific track of the gallons used, rather than the worthless needle. This goes for the Escalade, and also when I had the '92 and '01 STS.

i don't know why but i just cant seem to keep it on that lol
i do have to check the gallons used usualy once every hour when on a road trip but just have to keep putting it back to MPG instant for some reason lol

temptingf8
03-22-11, 01:30 AM
mostly instant econ with occasional check on avg econ.
Ditto. Just got 27.5mpg on a road trip :)

Submariner409
03-22-11, 03:35 PM
Ambient temperature.

STSS
03-22-11, 05:04 PM
^Ditto - unless I'm on a road trip, I don't even look at the ave MPG, and watching your instant MPG is a waste of time....

ThumperPup
03-22-11, 05:59 PM
^Ditto - unless I'm on a road trip, I don't even look at the ave MPG, and watching your instant MPG is a waste of time....

90 Pecent of my Driving is highway so to watch my instant its not a waste of time
i set to cruise around 70 mph and it stays steady around 27-28mpg depending on weather im going up hill or down hill then it changed but i can see what im getting and that works for me
now if your doing city driving yeah its a waste of time
beacuse it will be in other areas that don't matter much

elphil
03-22-11, 06:10 PM
I use the digital speed readout. All the rest of the info can be looked at when I'm stopped. The digital is much quicker to read at a glance then the dial speedometer.