: Stock CTS-V with wait4me CAI.....11.8@119

JOEYCTS-V
03-20-11, 09:29 PM
Well, I finally made it to the track with the car and was very impressed. I made consistent 11.8 passes. The only mod I have is the wait4me CAI and the car has about 2700 miles (A6 btw on stock tires). For those of you who wanted to know about ATCO track rules, I know a vette guy yelled at because I think he kept on making too many fast passes. Low 11's or high 10's I believe. I also had a hiccup going into 4th gear. It seems like it's bouncing off the limiter. Didn't a tune fix this problem for others in the past?

I was in the right lane....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/4DRZ06/Atco_timeslip.jpg?t=1300671125

My car with friends Z06....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/4DRZ06/Anthony_4DR_ZR1.jpg?t=1300670552

My car with another cadillac forum member....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/4DRZ06/4DR_ZR1_Cadforum.jpg?t=1300670617

hulksdaddy
03-20-11, 09:35 PM
Nice run Joey! Must have felt great to run it hard after the winter we had here in the NE.:thumbsup:

Blakester
03-20-11, 10:09 PM
envy you,will be late april up here before able to do same.

GM-4-LIFE
03-20-11, 10:20 PM
That's an awesome, run! You must have one strong LSA in that car! If you did a full exhaust and had a professional dyno tune, your car will really wake up!

Gary Wells
03-20-11, 10:21 PM
Ask Larry (gnxs) to add that to his 1/4 mile times list. Nice runs. 11.8??.
Newcadman ran a 11.777 with only a cai also.

PhxTriode
03-20-11, 10:30 PM
Joey, a tune will fix the over run of third to the limiter. Nice pass

JOEYCTS-V
03-20-11, 10:34 PM
Nice run Joey! Must have felt great to run it hard after the winter we had here in the NE.:thumbsup:

It may have had something to do with the visor warning labels. :thumbsup:

Ask Larry (gnxs) to add that to his 1/4 mile times list. Nice runs. 11.8??

I made a post in his thread. I also ran an 11.81@118 with a little better 60'. Do you think I should have posted that timeslip instead because it's a better ET? If I had drag radials I could have definitely done better.

aj660
03-20-11, 11:34 PM
Very nice, especially on stock tires...

UWISHU1
03-21-11, 03:14 AM
Nice job

Captivating via tapatalk

cbloveday
03-21-11, 07:13 AM
Nice job! I envy you. We cannot get out until April here.

aburd
03-21-11, 09:08 AM
Curious to see what the da was. I've run a similar 60ft and trapped 3-4 mph slower with same mods.

Nice run none the least

BLitzkrieg
03-21-11, 09:12 AM
Nice meeting you yesterday and great run! I did manage a best of 11.6 against that GTR of all cars. Let me know next time you head back.

Gary Wells
03-21-11, 09:23 AM
It may have had something to do with the visor warning labels. :thumbsup:

I made a post in his thread. I also ran an 11.81@118 with a little better 60'. Do you think I should have posted that timeslip instead because it's a better ET? If I had drag radials I could have definitely done better.

I would post it up also and then ask Larry what his policy is on that.
Great runs for a basically stock other that just CAI mod.

Bowtye8
03-21-11, 10:30 AM
Nice run!!! Heck I was hoping for that number with W4Me lower and CAI. I guess I should be looking for low 11's with drag radials.
I have the Florida heat knocking on my door.

e6t
03-21-11, 10:38 AM
its crazy to me the inconsistencies between stock cars in both HP and 1/4 times.

Mike 09 V
03-21-11, 11:36 AM
Please Please tell me how you launched to get those low 60' times. Please. Best I've done so far is 2.2. Please.

gnxs
03-21-11, 11:57 AM
I would post it up also and then ask Larry what his policy is on that.
Great runs for a basically stock other that just CAI mod.
It's up to you but I'd submit the quicker ET since the list is sorted by ET.

JOEYCTS-V
03-21-11, 02:13 PM

I removed the other timeslip and put up the new one. Thanks.

Please Please tell me how you launched to get those low 60' times. Please. Best I've done so far is 2.2. Please.

Well, my first run was very embarrasing. I stalled it up a little and lit the tires up so fast it shifted straight into second gear causing the computer to freak out for some reason. It was bouncing off the limiter and trying to kick down all at the same time. I ran a 15.4. :) For all the other runs I did a pretty decent burnout in 2nd gear and got on it hard but didn't just stomp on it. It's hard to explain but you can't just mash the gas. You have to ease into it kinda hard.

Gary Wells
03-21-11, 02:23 PM

Entirely up to you, Larry, you are the guru on that and it's internal workings. However, even though it might increase the band width used, it might be convenient to list both and then people could also track their and others improvements. In this particular case, it might be best to list only the best time, but what would be best for you and the participants in general if they come back another time, next day, night, week, month, etc., etc? Being from the field of quality control & auditing, I am in general against destroying and / or deleting info, especially "tracked" info, even though it might have been replaced by newer, more recent info.
It's your call, as much as I would like to be a participant in drag racing, I'm not for fear of embarrassing myself with less than favorable times and ET's.
I ran into the same thing on the RWHP / RWTQ charts and finally decided that it would be best to retain previous dyno runs, than continually deleting one and replacing it with another. I think it might be looked as more ethical to retain previous runs. Could also help participants track their improvents when making various changes on their mods. It's your time that goes into that and I think that we all owe you one for charting all those runs. Helps keep a little competition going too. Sibling rivalry, I guess. HTH

Gary Wells
03-21-11, 02:46 PM
Larry, I think that I misread your post and stuck my nose where it doesn't belong. Sorry, Oops, my bad.

gnxs
03-21-11, 02:53 PM
Larry, I think that I misread your post and stuck my nose where it doesn't belong. Sorry, Oops, my bad.
No worries Gary. It's the Forum's List, not mine. I just maintain the data. Thanks for suggesting that Joey post in the sticky thread with his info. :thumbsup:

aburd
03-22-11, 01:59 PM
-1650 DA explains a lot. still have to drive it. but as u can tell on the data 1/4 listings there definitely is a positive correlation between lower et (and higher trap speeds) and a lower DA.

Caddy Wagon
03-22-11, 02:34 PM
...-1650 DA explains a lot...there definitely is a positive correlation between lower et (and higher trap speeds) and a lower DA...

Most definitely. The DA plays a big role in the 1/4 mile times on a Forced Induction vehicle. -1650 is an awesome DA to be running in.

If you really wanted to put the 1/4 mile times on an even playing field, they should all be corrected to a DA of Zero. You would notice much more consistency in the MPH (ET is very dependant on traction, track prep, driver ability, etc) of the 1/4 mile runs if that were done.