: Gas pedal vibration?

hulksdaddy
03-20-11, 09:51 PM
After my last V had the big vibration issue(resulting in me getting a new V), I'm now a paranoid :bonkers: who should call each ride a diagnostic rather than a cruise.

Anyway, have an auto, and it seems that the gas pedal vibrates more than other cars I've been in, my Z06 included. Not always, only at certain RPMs, say 1500-2000. Nothing else is vibrating, steering wheel, shifter etc. Just a little more feedback through the pedal.

If I'm in park, and rev it up, I feel it too. Now, it's not a huge vibration, and only happens sporadically, but big enough that I noticed it. But, like I said, I'm snakebit, so......:alchi:

Anyway, I'm also thinking that that's what you get with a monster motor, and since I have virtually no wheel time in my car(last one was a problem from the ride home, and this one now has 150 miles on it, 60 put on today), I really have nothing to compare it with.

So, looking for feedback from my V driving brethren. What are your thoughts? Do yours give more feedback than other cars you have, and how noticeable?

Thanks,
Dave

JOEYCTS-V
03-20-11, 11:07 PM
I think you're thinking about it too much. Not putting in a lot of seat time like you said can definitely does this to you.

PhxTriode
03-21-11, 12:21 AM
Thats strange, these cars are drive by wire

Wannago
03-21-11, 12:32 AM
Thats strange, these cars are drive by wire

That's what I was thinking...if he's feeling a vibration in the go pedal, then he has to be feeling it elsewhere too.

Unless...he's so extremely intimidated by the 556 HP beast that lurks underhood, that any time he starts to get into it, his subconscious takes over and HE starts to shake!

:-)

baabootoo
03-21-11, 01:01 AM
I think you're thinking about it too much. Not putting in a lot of seat time like you said can definitely does this to you.

Ditto.

PhxTriode
03-21-11, 01:05 AM
That's what I was thinking...if he's feeling a vibration in the go pedal, then he has to be feeling it elsewhere too.

Unless...he's so extremely intimidated by the 556 HP beast that lurks underhood, that any time he starts to get into it, his subconscious takes over and HE starts to shake!

:-)

He'd sh*t in mine then... lol

I hope he keeps us posted this one has me scratching my head

hulksdaddy
03-21-11, 01:52 AM

You're probably right.:)

He'd sh*t in mine then... lol

I hope he keeps us posted this one has me scratching my head

Only thing I can think of is a harmonic vibration? Possibly some V's have it more than others, or since I'm looking for a problem, I'm hyper-sensitive to any shake rattle or roll?

Don't know. Honestly, not something I'd even bring it in for, since it's so mild. Was really hoping a few of you would pay extra attention tomorrow, see if you notice anything. :highfive:

hulksdaddy
03-21-11, 05:50 PM
Any more thoughts?

hulksdaddy
03-22-11, 08:05 PM
Took a spin today. Does it at 1700-1800 RPM, regardless of gear. Not under that, not over that. Has to be a harmonic, yes?

Levonh
04-01-11, 08:05 PM
Our 2006 Escalade EXT and 2010 ESV BOTH do it. The 2010 is not as noticeable aas the 06. I hear it may just be the exhaust setting up a harmonic at certain RPM's/loads.
They have "weighted" exhausts to try to dampen it I'm told.

Any other answers as I too would love to know.

magicacorn
01-28-12, 09:20 AM
On My 2006 DTS There Was A Vibration In The Foot Petals At All Speeds, The Dealership Found The Transmission Shifter Cable Dampener Causing The Vib. They Relocated The dampener To Correct. 80% of The Problem Was Solved But The Vibration Is Still There, Is There Any Thing Else That Can Be Done, Thank Jack

M5eater
01-28-12, 09:27 AM
Any more thoughts?
sure. The whole drive train in this car require's careful balancing, I've had mine 'fixed' and there's still some vibration somewhere-- enough that that car will rattle a tiny bit in the nav unit when its up.
the question is whether you want to give up the car for a few days and possibly bring it back several times to figure out what it is.

hulksdaddy
01-28-12, 10:42 AM
sure. The whole drive train in this car require's careful balancing, I've had mine 'fixed' and there's still some vibration somewhere-- enough that that car will rattle a tiny bit in the nav unit when its up.
the question is whether you want to give up the car for a few days and possibly bring it back several times to figure out what it is.

After having driven a half dozen Vs so far, I found that ALL gas pedals vibrate to a degree. And the reason is the somewhat flimsy pedal assembly. It is a harmonic vibration.

M5eater
01-28-12, 10:57 AM
After having driven a half dozen Vs so far, I found that ALL gas pedals vibrate to a degree. And the reason is the somewhat flimsy pedal assembly. It is a harmonic vibration.

maybe I've been lucky, or haven't noticed it then. The only NVH thing I have is a very minor steering wheel vibration and my before mentioned dash vibration. I might take it in one day, but It doesn't bother me.

JOEYCTS-V
01-28-12, 03:47 PM
I get a little vibration from 80-82mph. I can tell as soon as I hit 80 without even looking at the speedo. Anything over or under that speed the car is smooth.

thebigjimsho
01-28-12, 05:25 PM
On My 2006 DTS There Was A Vibration In The Foot Petals At All Speeds, The Dealership Found The Transmission Shifter Cable Dampener Causing The Vib. They Relocated The dampener To Correct. 80% of The Problem Was Solved But The Vibration Is Still There, Is There Any Thing Else That Can Be Done, Thank Jack

I think I need some of those magic acorns...

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-30-12, 11:31 AM

Welcome to the forum! Have you talked to the dealer that did the work, since the repairs were done to let them know what is going on? I would start there, let them know that it is almost corrected but there is still slight vibration. They may have an idea of how to get it 100%. Let me know if you want me to make an appointment for you, if not keep me updated on the vibration.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service