: Long term automotive goals?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-11, 08:09 PM
What are your long term automotive goals?

For me:

Realistic....

-Own a lot of full size, body on frame luxury cars. My favorite style, and a dead breed. Most of my friends have atleast one, when will I get my next one?

-Own a 1972-76 Lincoln Continental Mark IV. I've wanted one of these specifically since I was 14. Drove Mark V's and '70s era Town Cars, didn't like any of them like I did the IV.

-Own a late '90s Lexus LS400/SC400. The late '90s Lexus were the pinnacle of the brand, in terms of overall build quality, reliability and durability. The LS400 will give me 90% of the joy of that S320 with many, many less headaches and be much cheaper overall.

-Own a 1997-99 Mercedes Benz S500 Sedan. I loved that S320, but I couldn't afford it at that age, but down the road, I'd love to own a nice S500 of that style as my income increases over time. An S600 is certainly a possibility, but I don't think I'd ever be able to afford one of those.

-Own more Cadillacs. My username is I~LUV~Caddys, but most of the ones I love are too old to daily drive, and I don't have the resources to own a good, proper full sized one as a toy....yet. And all of the newer ones I like have the Northstar, and I still don't trust that engine enough to own one. The current CTS is great as well, but $$$$$

-Own an 1993-97 Camaro Z28 or a 1987-93 Mustang LX 5.0/GT. Good looking, fun to drive, fast, cheap cars of my childhood. Really liked them then, still like them now, would like atleast one muscle car before I die. Would be hard to find one bone stock, unmodified, but that's the way I'd like to go.

Probably never gonna happen....

-Own an Aston Martin Lagonda. Very rare, beyond expensive to own, almost impossible to find parts/service for, but SUCH a cool car IMO. Very ahead of the time inside and out (complete with the $20,000 IP replacement), fun to drive, performance sedan. Beyond comparison when they debuted in 1976. The closest comparison would be the 450SEL 6.9 Benz, but that looks 20 years behind the times when compared.

Own a 1975 GMC Sierra Gentleman Jim/Beau James. They were both a one year special edition, rather like a "King Ranch" today (luxury truck, exclusive masculine decor), but probably 99% of them over the years have been wrecked or junked.

Own a 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. My favorite muscle car of the original muscle car era.

Own a 1959-60 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham. They were more expensive than a Rolls Royce in the day, the premiere American luxury car. I think in the four years they were made (57-60) there were less than 500 EB's made. God only knows how many are left 50 years later.

Own a late model Rolls Royce or Bentley. NOT a Continental GT/Flying Spur, but rather a "real" Roller or Bentley. I really like those Turbo R's.

Jesda
03-20-11, 08:32 PM
A Lagona would be -awesome-.

I'd like a Saab 96 for the novelty of it.
http://www.cartype.com/pics/7319/full/saab_96_usv_1_69.jpg

I really need to get a truck or SUV. Maybe when gas hits $5. Using sedans and coupes to haul heavy cargo is just abusive to the suspension.

I'm about 10 years overdue for a Miata. Every time I want one, something else comes along and catches my eye.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-11, 08:36 PM
I'd like a Miata as well, but it would have to be car #3, after the daily driver and big cushy cruiser. It's a sports car that doesn't need to break all speed limits to be fun.

96Fleetwood
03-20-11, 08:39 PM
I have dreams about this a couple times per week.. the stable always changes.

Realistically it all depends on where I move in the next 2 years. Hopefully we can move to Texas, buy my dream home with a 5 car garage... and let the fun begin!

I would like a good mix of new and classic vehicles. The Trans Am will always be around and the Denali may turn into a beater in a few years.

Submariner409
03-20-11, 09:46 PM
:yawn: Have fun............ Exotic cars and tracks.......Been there, done that. Last and foremost goal: stay healthy, reflexive, and alert enough to still drive fast and safe for another 9 years.

This is right in line with the latest line of - How much would you pay ?, How much would you take ?, How much did you pay ?, How many did you have?, and Why did you say what you did when I said what I did after you said it and I don't like it so go away and say it again ?

billc83
03-20-11, 09:57 PM
Thread thief!

Like I stated in my (eerily similarly titled) thread a while back, my long-term automotive goals:

- Finish the Bricklin.

- Don't get distracted and buy a 1959 Cadillac, which has been my dream car since I can remember.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-11, 10:08 PM
Oh, there was a long term automotive goal thread before? I searched but I didn't find anything. I'll close this one then.

EChas3
03-20-11, 10:12 PM
Stay between the lines with the shiney side up. And have some fun while getting where I want to go.