: Like a LITTLE MORE BASS on your radio ?

Subsailor613
03-20-11, 02:35 PM
Go into your programming for the radio, and find Fader, NOT BALANCE.
This controls the Front and Rear volumes,
Click over to the left, which brings up the Rear volume,
and More Bass, will come out as you are lowering the front volume,
a little bit.
Set it to your liking, I just put in an LED array in my trunk,
and saw our sub-woofer in the center of the reat area behind the
rear seats, it looks like a 9 or 10 inch, with NO baffle,
Do not reach under there, your could puncture it , easily.
It sounds much better to me, with this simple adjustment.
Total Cost for this: NOTHING
Smooth sailing with"Enhanced Bass" !
:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

chazglenn3
03-20-11, 11:02 PM
Navi or regular radio?

Subsailor613
03-20-11, 11:09 PM
Regular Radio, BUT, You should be able to do it with the Navi Radio also !
Punch up Radio selections, Treble, Bass, maybe EQ, Balance= left to right, and
Fader=Front to Back

Have Fun !

chazglenn3
03-20-11, 11:11 PM
I'll have to look at it. I have pulled up the screen but don't remember seeing More Bass.

SlickCityStan
03-21-11, 12:44 AM
I'll have to look at it. I have pulled up the screen but don't remember seeing More Bass.you won't. What Sailor did was adjust his fader control to give more volume to rear speakers so that you "hear" more bass response. Doesn't actually ehance the bass just makes it louder because the front speaker volume is lower. Notice that he put the words ehanced bass in quotation marks. With the nav radio you can adjust the center point to achieve the same result.

chazglenn3
03-21-11, 12:25 PM
I see, thanks for the explanation. I actually listen to XM a lot and have the center point turned on. Sounds great to me!

EChas3
03-21-11, 08:37 PM
[Y]ou "hear" more bass response...just makes it louder...

Wouldn't that be the point?

In reality, a car is one of the worst possible audio environments. Even in the most quiet cars, background noise is far more than 50dB. Sound sources vary from the various radio bands, satellite,CD, DVD & iPod; all with varying program quality, compression & signal-to-noise ratios. Speaker positions are the result of many different compromises and all the glass creates an incredible mix of conflicting acoustic properties.

'Centerpoint' is a great idea for an environment approaching perfection. Conversely, car audio systems benefit greatly from the various tools to modify sound reproduction; equalizers and digital sound profiles. I think the goal is the best possible sound; not necessarily perfect reproduction.

SlickCityStan
03-21-11, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=EChas3;2534991]Wouldn't that be the point? No.

cadillacdriver25
03-21-11, 11:19 PM
much better is burn music dvd audio so u can switch on the center point mode and that sounds much better and has more bass :)

ddalder
03-21-11, 11:57 PM
... And then there's AudioPilot. Again, can help depending on circumstances.

http://www.bose.com/audiopilot

parker34
03-22-11, 12:15 AM
... And then there's AudioPilot. Again, can help depending on circumstances.

http://www.bose.com/audiopilot
Is that option on the 2005 STS or just the newer ones? I think I have seen the on/off for it on one of the menus.

And I personally hate the Centerpoint setting. I don't listen to XM that much but when I tried it, it sounded horrible in my opinion. Oh well, to each their own!!

ddalder
03-22-11, 12:22 AM
Is that option on the 2005 STS or just the newer ones? I think I have seen the on/off for it on one of the menus.

And I personally hate the Centerpoint setting. I don't listen to XM that much but when I tried it, it sounded horrible in my opinion. Oh well, to each their own!!

The oldest navigation manual I have is for 2006 and it is documented in there so I'm not sure how far back it goes. It's on the screen where you can adjust bass, treble, midrange, etc. Press the musical note key on your radio and it should come up.

parker34
03-22-11, 12:27 AM
The oldest navigation manual I have is for 2006 and it is documented in there so I'm not sure how far back it goes. It's on the screen where you can adjust bass, treble, midrange, etc. Press the musical note key on your radio and it should come up.

Alright, Thanks. I'll be sure to check in the manual tomorrow and mess around with my settings a little more