: Should I Buy?

brougham96
03-20-11, 01:29 PM
So, I currently have 2 Cadillacs: a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham with LT1 in museum condition, and a 1999 Seville STS, as my Daily driver. The STS is starting to show early signs of a head gasket failure (big suprise, right?), so I'm looking to replace it. I found a 2007 CTS-V at a local GM dealer for 24,995. 64k miles, black on black. Seems to have been either a trade on a new GM or a lease return. I would probably wind up buying a 3rd car to get me through these Minnesota winters. Would the V make a suitible summer daily driver? How's the cost of maqintenance on these? I already have 2 Cadillacs, so I'm used to sky high maintenance costs. For the most part I'm a pretty casual driver, I don't get myself into street races or anything. What do you guys think about moving from a Seville STS to a V?

dre2013
03-20-11, 02:00 PM
So, I currently have 2 Cadillacs: a 1996 Fleetwood Brougham with LT1 in museum condition, and a 1999 Seville STS, as my Daily driver. The STS is starting to show early signs of a head gasket failure (big suprise, right?), so I'm looking to replace it. I found a 2007 CTS-V at a local GM dealer for 24,995. 64k miles, black on black. Seems to have been either a trade on a new GM or a lease return. I would probably wind up buying a 3rd car to get me through these Minnesota winters. Would the V make a suitible summer daily driver? How's the cost of maqintenance on these? I already have 2 Cadillacs, so I'm used to sky high maintenance costs. For the most part I'm a pretty casual driver, I don't get myself into street races or anything. What do you guys think about moving from a Seville STS to a V?

that sounds a little pricey for the miles...a V is a great summer daily driver, cant comment on maintenance since ive only had mine a few days. but as far as the motor/trans you shouldn't have a problem (wont nickle + dime you to death like the northstar lol). go for it!

rand49er
03-20-11, 03:12 PM
+1 on that price at that mileage. Knock off a couple thousand if you can.

GREAT daily driver. Lots of guys also use them as DDs in the winter, too. Drive it "normally," and it'll get 15-18 city and 22-25 hwy. After that, it's just other normal stuff.

Good luck!

tommy compton
03-20-11, 04:52 PM
Going from geezer caddies to the V will put the color back in your grey hair.

kevm14
03-20-11, 05:10 PM
I sold my 95 Fleetwood for my 05 V. I also have gray hair, but I'm only 29 and I had it before I even got the Fleetwood. I do miss the Fleetwood, though. I would definitely give up a FWD-anything for a CTS-V, but I'm biased.

mstrjon32
03-20-11, 07:15 PM
Yikes, I have some greys myself, and I'm also way to young to have them...

rand49er
03-20-11, 07:18 PM
... I also have gray hair, but I'm only 29 ...Hey, me too! :whistle: