: Best way to change license plate ligths?

FFBOS
03-20-11, 07:17 AM
I just got an 09 V. I read the thread about not doing it from the outside in fear of breaking the tabs off. Do you pull the trunk liner back thats held with the plastic push pins? Also, do you just pull off the bump stops on the liner as well for the trunk?

Thank you....:hmm:

PhxTriode
03-20-11, 11:37 AM
I did mine from outside and broke one. Dealer hooked me up though. When you get it figured out can you post up some photos?

thatcoder
03-20-11, 12:22 PM
from the outside.. use a flat head screwdriver.. and gently get between the cover and pry.. that's how i did mine, and it goes back in just fine.

FFBOS
03-20-11, 01:12 PM
The owners manual states to pry on the tab, but if I remember looking at it before the tabs appear to be only accessible from the inside

PhxTriode
03-20-11, 02:57 PM
you can get them from the oustide. but they are brittle..

GM-4-LIFE
03-20-11, 06:05 PM
I have swapped license plate bulbs a bunch of times on these cars. Use a flathead screwdriver and use the opposite ends of the assembly instead of using the side with the bendable tabs. If you use the bendable tab section, you WILL end up breaking the tabs. Use the outer edge of the assemblies and gently pop them out. Once you do it, you will see how easy it really is.

FFBOS
03-20-11, 11:26 PM
The way described above pushing on the opposite side of the tab with a flat head worked perfectly, got the new lights installed in under 5 minutes.

Thanks again