: Comparison between My D3's and KILLR-V's Eibachs (no pics)

musclesbmf
03-19-11, 09:46 PM
Install is really simple on our cars and obviously the same for either set.
The drop on mine (which I cut 1/4 coil of front springs) is as follows.
Measurements...
F: 27"
R: 27 5/8

Eibach's on KILLR-V's
F: 27 1/2"
R: 27 1/2"

We may cut 1/4 coil on his fronts in the next few weeks, and 1/8 coil off the rear of mine.

The most interesting thing I noticed was driving his car. It truely felt like a sports car with the Eibach's. Touring mode felt like sport, and sport mode felt like super sport. I loved it. Made the car feel like a sports car. These springs were much stiffer than the D3's. So buyers be aware that you will get a softer ride with the D3's and a firmer ride with the Eibach's.

Mark

DoingOK
03-19-11, 09:52 PM
Interesting observation. I know you never installed your rod sensors with the D3's.....but did you get a set of them? I'm looking for just the rod sensors. Let me know if the Eibachs settle over the next few days. Curious to know if I'll need to drop a quarter coil to get a little rake to the front end.

KILLR-V
03-19-11, 10:13 PM
Here are the pics of the E's that Mark and I installed today. Rides awesome!

KILLR-V
03-19-11, 10:16 PM
I agree with Mark that pending on how much it drops in the next 2 weeks, may take a 1/2 coil off the fronts. Probably will wait until the wheels are replaced to see how it sits with the 20s or 21s.

DrumStix
03-19-11, 10:22 PM
Looks very nice.

e6t
03-19-11, 11:56 PM
How "simple" is the install?

Did the Eibachs comes with the rods?

baabootoo
03-20-11, 12:06 AM
The rears are maybe 30 minutes total. Not sure on the fronts though.

musclesbmf
03-20-11, 01:05 AM
No rods with the Eibach's and I'm not currently using mine with the D3's at this time.
Nice pics Todd. Looks like you cleaned it up. LOL.
As for easy, it depends how comfortable you are with a wrench I guess. It's basically just removing a bunch of bolts, compressing the springs on;y to remove them, and then reinstalling a bunch of bolts (5 bolts on the top for the front, and 3 bolts on the bottom, and one nut that holds the shock to the upper A arm). That's it for one side. We will do some side by side pics in the next week or so.

Mark

RichP_CTSV
03-25-11, 02:15 PM
I have the eibachs on my coupe and agree with the comments on the handling. Steering feels a bit more sensitive right off center, and the braking feels a bit nicer. Perhaps nothing that will be noticeable by #s given this cars abilities but a nice improvement in the driving experience.

My only complaint is i wished the car had a bit more rake; the rear could be a bit higher. (or the front lower)

wfo
03-25-11, 02:26 PM
Really nice ride. That Coupe absolutley looks awesome.

Mark when are you getting those new 21" wheels?

Also very interested to know when, if any, squeaks develop due to the change in ride height. I sleeved both ends of the front springs and it all disappeared...zip,nada, zero, gone.

musclesbmf
03-25-11, 04:38 PM
Really nice ride. That Coupe absolutley looks awesome.

Mark when are you getting those new 21" wheels?

Also very interested to know when, if any, squeaks develop due to the change in ride height. I sleeved both ends of the front springs and it all disappeared...zip,nada, zero, gone.

I know... the waiting game is killing me. However, the castings should finally be in middle of next week and then Alain will start cutting the wheels. They will be 21x9 and 21x11 so I'm excited. I should have the wheels the week of the 4th I'm hoping. I will post pics ASAP.
My D3's are squeaking horribly. Making me mad. I'm about to rip them out and go to the Eibachs and just trim the fronts of those. We'll see. Where did you get the sleeves from, and did they affect ride height?

KILLR-V
03-25-11, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I agree, wish the front of the eibachs had about 1/2 in lower drop. Right now, they're even with the rear. So far no noises that I can tell. I'm sure in the next week Mark and I will be pulling his springs out and redoing them, so I'll pull my front ones and do some trimming. When he gets his wheels, will push me to do something aftermarket too! LOL

Caddy Wagon
03-25-11, 11:28 PM
I'd start by try trimming 1/4 turn off the front coils.