: Fuel Injector

94CaddyConcours
10-04-04, 10:39 PM
How do i know if my injector are bad or good?
-BILL SONG
-AOL:KHM3KALIKING

BeelzeBob
10-04-04, 11:00 PM
You'll have to remove the injectors and have them tested at a shop that can measure flow to be sure.

One back yard way is to take the intake top cover off, lift up the fuel rail so that the injector tips are visible and turn on the key to energize the fuel pump. Watch the injector tips for any sign of leakage to see if an injector is stuck open. With your 94 (and a 93) the fuel rail is underneath the top cover of the intake...actually inside the intake manifold. You do NOT want to crank or start the engine with the top cover off as the engine will run away and be unthrottled. Just turn the key on to check the injectors for leakage.

Have you considered pulling the plugs for examination as suggested earlier to see if that will give you a clue as to what cylinders might be affected first.??

Eldyfig
10-05-04, 12:58 AM
Bbob...would a cylinder balance check through the pcm help? I saw it posted here before to check coil packs and injectors.

BeelzeBob
10-05-04, 12:05 PM
Bbob...would a cylinder balance check through the pcm help? I saw it posted here before to check coil packs and injectors.

Yes....you could do that via the onboard diagnostics but it just tells you the cylinder that is weak not what is wrong.

Reading the plugs would provide more info as to what is going on in my opinion.....