: Lowering Springs- D3 or H&R experiences?

rednumbers
03-18-11, 02:40 PM
I heard good and bad about D3 but I know H & R has springs out for the CTS V sedan

anybody have H & R yet on their cars. I have had H & R on other cars and never had a problem.

Anybody with D3 springs can you chime in with your experiences and which version you chose. Street or competition

wfo
03-18-11, 02:56 PM
D3's are made by H&R.

musclesbmf
03-18-11, 02:57 PM
Love H&R, unfortunately no offering for our cars.
I currently have the D3's on my coupe and installing the new eibach's on my friends coupe tomorrow, FWIW.

Mark

DoingOK
03-18-11, 02:59 PM
I ordered the Eibachs and should get them next week. I had Eibachs on my G35 and never had a problem....plus I only paid $253 shipped. I thought it was a fair price. I know it's an OCD thing, but I preferred black springs to the red springs.

awaiting musclesbmf's review after installing the Eibachs for a friend.

wfo
03-18-11, 03:44 PM
Just an FYI....My D3's came in a box marked H&R.

I'm assuming this company is making these spring kits for D3 and you know as well, D3's not in the spring making business.

musclesbmf
03-18-11, 04:51 PM
Interesting... mine just came in a plain box.

rednumbers
03-18-11, 05:02 PM
those with D3 springs, did you get Street or Comp

baabootoo
03-19-11, 12:17 AM
If I remember correctly from the ..........hundreds of posts, most have had the street ones since the comps just came out, right?

PhxTriode
03-19-11, 12:36 AM
If I remember correctly from the ..........hundreds of posts, most have had the street ones since the comps just came out, right?

believe your right. I would love to hear more people comment on the comps that has some time with them

rickpump76
03-19-11, 09:28 AM
I went with Eibach instead of D3 because Eibach has more drop (I think .25 inches) and price was little bit better.

also, you cant go wrong with a brand name like Eibach. IMO

GMX322V S/C
03-19-11, 12:57 PM
Has anyone received and installed their Eibachs yet? Did they come with new shock sensor rods? Without ones that correspond to the exact drop, the MRC will not be performing optimally--the "home" position will be off.

wfo
03-19-11, 01:32 PM
If Eibach did their homework they woudl know to have included suspension rods and spring sleeves. Many lowered cars have a tendency to squeak just a little. The sleeves in my opinion are the cure...that's why D3 was my choice. They continue to refine Cadillac V specific parts, whereas IMHO, Eibach suspension experts does work with "many" other car makes and models and at this point they might just not have "all" the bases covered yet. Feedback has to trickle in on their product yest. The reason D3 made several adjustments to their lowering kit and included suspenion rods and spring sleeves. D3 for me all the way.

In short: When I call over to D3 I actually get someone who knows the V instead of a sales rep at Eibach who knows that Cadillac has a bad ass ride called a V and nothing else.

D3 rocks! Pricey yes...but specific to the model I have and the customer they've been serving for years. Just my .0002 worth.

rednumbers
03-19-11, 05:12 PM
WFO, are you running Comps or Street,

I was afraid of the samething, I think H & R just come with the springs itself, No rods.

I am not entirely sure what the rods do anyways

Titaniumseeker
03-19-11, 09:25 PM
Just an FYI....My D3's came in a box marked H&R.

I'm assuming this company is making these spring kits for D3 and you know as well, D3's not in the spring making business.

Mine came in a box marked B&G Suspension....

Everlast13
03-20-11, 06:53 AM
I had the original springs that D3 had come out with, and like many had the issues of squeak as well as the rear end sitting lower than the front. Also the ride in tour mode was too bouncy for my liking. I've had the comp springs for a couple months now and have had no issues. No squeaks and the height in the rear end sits higher than before. In tour the springs feel like they did on the originals, a little stiffer. Also in sport mode the drive is a lot stiffer than the previous D3 springs, which I actually like.

Titaniumseeker
03-20-11, 09:35 AM
Make sure you get the sensor rods coated or they will eventually rust.

blkCTSv
03-20-11, 11:46 AM
I've had both the Street and the Comp. The ride height on the Comp is a little higher in the rear when compared to the street - the front seems unchanged. I also have the sway bars. I prefer the ride I have now with both the Comp springs and Sways (set at full stiff) over the Street springs alone. The cars rolls through the corners nice and even and removed most of the understeer. Although I track my car every month, the ride with the comp set-up from D3 suits me great as my daily driver.