: The Chrysler 200 is like a black cloud of death.

thebigjimsho
03-18-11, 01:29 PM
As if unemployment in Detroit wasn't bad enough...

http://www.wheels.ca/article/794530

orconn
03-18-11, 01:37 PM
Hey, I wish more auto mag car reviwers would be as candid as the reviewer at the Detroit paper, instead of copping out to the advertising departments needs!

thebigjimsho
03-18-11, 02:59 PM
Agreed.

Bro-Ham
03-18-11, 03:05 PM
A friend of mine traded in his 07 Chrysler 300C AWD on a new 2011 4-cylinder 200 Limited, black on black. When he told me I thought he was nuts! We met for cocktails a couple weeks ago and I saw the car parked on the street, at first I didn't know what it was nor that it was even his car, and it looked super sharp in the formal black with the cool big wheels. For the money it's a nice car, I'd drive one. :)

thebigjimsho
03-18-11, 03:25 PM
Well, the bling factor can be quickly added to any car. Did you drive it or were you just dazzled by big wheels, shiny paint and swanky gauges?

The Tony Show
03-18-11, 05:01 PM
The 200 redefines the phrase "polishing a turd". From what I've read, it's actually a much better driving car than the Sebring it was spawned from, and it looks reasonably attractive for a low cost, pseudo-luxury car.

SDCaddyLacky
03-18-11, 05:42 PM
If you look at Consumer reviews from Edmund's, and then go to Yahoo Auto's to compare reviews for certain cars, it's like a night day difference.

Edmund's I feel have fake reviews written up either by Auto company employees, or people being paid to go on various popular automotive websites to say nothing but good things about a particular model.

I hate how advertising influence, always conflicts with reviews no matter what, so it's almost like you really can't believe everything the pro reviewers say, because they are under a tough stranglehold from it's advertisers.

For instance, I looked up the 2011 Toyo Camry, the review section was overwhelmingly positive, personally when that's the case, especially when we all know how bad Toyota's have gotten in the last few years, I was very suspicious. So I went to Yahoo Auto's and lore and behold, the majority of the reviews for the Camry were bad! I guess Yahoo Auto's isnt on Toyota's list of advertising, because people really don't care to check them out for automotive advise.

I think all car companies are doing this to some extent though, getting people or employee's to lie about how their cars through fake reviews online in order to attract future buyers.

The 200 does nothing for me, it's like what's the point? Just get a 300.

Jesda
03-18-11, 06:11 PM
Its funny, because the guys at GMInsideNews think Edmunds has an axe to grind against GM.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-18-11, 11:24 PM
The 200 is nice. Much nicer than that gawdawful Sebring, but not top of class.

Playdrv4me
03-19-11, 01:21 AM
It's a stop-gap product anyway.

Aron9000
03-19-11, 02:57 AM
The 200 does nothing for me, it's like what's the point? Just get a 300.

Agreed, go big or go home.

Bro-Ham
03-19-11, 01:49 PM
Well, the bling factor can be quickly added to any car. Did you drive it or were you just dazzled by big wheels, shiny paint and swanky gauges?

I drove it, 4-cylinder wasn't bad at all, looked and felt like it was a more expensive car, fancy leather interior, very nice dash, styling isn't bad, especially on the black ones. I think it's a classic all-American mid size car that I'd choose any day over all the look-alike asian cars. :)

thebigjimsho
03-19-11, 03:10 PM
I drove it, 4-cylinder wasn't bad at all, looked and felt like it was a more expensive car, fancy leather interior, very nice dash, styling isn't bad, especially on the black ones. I think it's a classic all-American mid size car that I'd choose any day over all the look-alike asian cars. :)
All-American? It took Italian Fiat's scrambling over the last year to make the Sebring not monumentally suck. And what about that mid-size car is better than average? Nothing. There are way too many better choices out there right now...

Bro-Ham
03-19-11, 06:00 PM
All-American? It took Italian Fiat's scrambling over the last year to make the Sebring not monumentally suck. And what about that mid-size car is better than average? Nothing. There are way too many better choices out there right now...

Well Big Jim, It's a free country, you can buy what you want. :) I'm not particularly interested in whether the Chrysler 200 is better or worse than some other car, I like it for what it is. I've never been to Detroit but maybe I'll visit. :)

Jesda
03-19-11, 08:43 PM
It's a stop-gap product anyway.

Its good enough to fill the gap under my front door.

Playdrv4me
03-19-11, 08:50 PM
The convertible is acceptable in fully decked out trim. The sedan, and particularly with a FOUR cylinder of all things, definitely brings teh deaths.

I noticed Eminem never showed his face in those commercials again after the first one. He must have seen it and then been all like :thehand:

weister42
03-19-11, 09:06 PM
You guys saw the new Kia Optima also featured in the Super Bowl commercials? That car looks pretty hot.

Stingroo
03-19-11, 10:08 PM
Yo dawg, why's it gotta be black?

thebigjimsho
03-19-11, 11:09 PM
eye sea wut ewe did their

Stingroo
03-19-11, 11:11 PM
Dew yew?

thebigjimsho
03-19-11, 11:12 PM
indeed.

Aron9000
03-19-11, 11:40 PM
i dew da dew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6C6P3bJq8

Jesda
03-20-11, 12:52 AM
LOL

Hopefully the new 300 doesnt have door handles that break and ball joints that wear out every 2-3 years. I would like to own one.

Playdrv4me
03-20-11, 12:55 AM
LOL

Hopefully the new 300 doesnt have door handles that break and ball joints that wear out every 2-3 years. I would like to own one.

wtf is the deal with the door handles breaking shit??? I've seen a bunch of Escalades with those chrome door handles broken off or pulled halfway out of the body too.

greencadillacmatt
03-20-11, 03:24 AM
I've sold quite a few of doorhandles at work as well. It seems to happen more often then you'd think. Odd... :hmm:

SDCaddyLacky
03-20-11, 04:20 AM
Blame on da cheap plastic:nono::mad2::banghead:

Locomotive Breath
03-20-11, 08:28 AM
Rental car...

CTSV_Rob
03-21-11, 01:37 AM
Holy craftsmanship Dodge man...

Playdrv4me
03-21-11, 01:42 AM
Holy craftsmanship Dodge man...