: Any differences between N* in 98 Deville and 98 Seville?

iametarq
03-18-11, 10:40 AM
Now that I have two N* vehicles, are there any differences between the two?

I can see the dog bones on the Deville, but the Seville doesn't have those so what else might be different?

I feel when driving that the Seville N* is far more responsive and faster. The Deville N* feels larger, but louder.

Submariner409
03-18-11, 12:13 PM
Tarq, Both your engines appear to be Y assemblies ???, so they should be real close mechanically - It would be interesting to see pictures of the two upper areas: the dogbone/no dogbone installation. I also think the coolant reservoirs and air intakes are located differently ???

I have NO idea if the PCM's are programmed differently to account for weight/suspension/anticipated driving styles.

maeng9981
03-18-11, 04:27 PM
All I can think of is what Sub mentioned.

The SLS might have CVRSS and the Deville most likely have the regular soft ride passive shocks/struts.

iametarq
03-18-11, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Sub, the 7th digit in both VIN #'s is a Y. I looked at them before comparing the suspension differences. My SLS has FE3 & F45. My Deville only has FE3, and completely passive suspension (thankfully because all 4 corners need replacing, next month, April's project).

The air intake on the Deville is completely different from the Seville, in fact it pisses me off. You can't get the air filter out without disconnecting the air intake "elbow".

Ranger
03-18-11, 10:25 PM
Yeah, Sub, the 7th digit in both VIN #'s is a Y. I looked at them before comparing the suspension differences. My SLS has FE3 & F45. My Deville only has FE3, and completely passive suspension (thankfully because all 4 corners need replacing, next month, April's project).

The air intake on the Deville is completely different from the Seville, in fact it pisses me off. You can't get the air filter out without disconnecting the air intake "elbow".
If it's like my '97, just unplug the IAT sensor, loosen the clamp on the TB and rotate the cover and elbow as one piece.