: Show n Go wireless retractable plate

lgret13
03-17-11, 10:20 PM
loaded question: I have been noticing and know quite a few people now getting tickets for no front plate on the car. For those of you who installed the retractable plate, how easy was it, did you do it yourself? to run the wire from the motor to the battery lead do you have to remove any parts of the car like bumper, grill etc... the front air dam looks pretty flat underneath and it looks like it will just screw in straight into the bottom, is this true? if you had someone install it and are on long island, where did u go?

Thanks.

cbloveday
03-18-11, 01:33 AM
Here is one on EBAY. I doubt it requires your front bumper removal. Probably can fish wires through. There is a firewall grommit on the drivers side up near the OBBII port to fish a switch wire into cockpit. In terms of power, the engine bay fuse box has an secondary ignition fuse you could tap into.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-Retractable-License-Plate-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0e03158eQQitemZ18062 3709582QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

INSANE V
03-18-11, 08:25 AM
That is exactly what I need. My state requires a front plate and I absolutely refuse to put one on. Ordering one today.....

Domsz06
03-18-11, 10:01 AM
let us know how it goes and if you can make it still look good on the instal... when I have seen these before you can stll see it all in front of your car... interested to see how you like it.

thatcoder
03-18-11, 11:53 AM
Here is one on EBAY. I doubt it requires your front bumper removal. Probably can fish wires through. There is a firewall grommit on the drivers side up near the OBBII port to fish a switch wire into cockpit. In terms of power, the engine bay fuse box has an secondary ignition fuse you could tap into.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-Retractable-License-Plate-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0e03158eQQitemZ18062 3709582QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

connecting it to the battery terminals is all that's required in the engine bay..

the rest is wireless.

i used to have the system, but it died, so i pulled it, and sent it back for warranty... got the new item sitting in a box.

didn't like it much, because it hit the ground due to the car's already low clearance.

so i've decided to go this route for now.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/223445-i-adapted-rho-plate-lexus-fit.html

steven1000r
03-18-11, 02:22 PM
loaded question: I have been noticing and know quite a few people now getting tickets for no front plate on the car. For those of you who installed the retractable plate, how easy was it, did you do it yourself? to run the wire from the motor to the battery lead do you have to remove any parts of the car like bumper, grill etc... the front air dam looks pretty flat underneath and it looks like it will just screw in straight into the bottom, is this true? if you had someone install it and are on long island, where did u go?

Thanks.

I'm on LI too and did not install the front plate. A little info for you new york guys. A friend of mines father got a ticket in the city for no front plate. He went to court and fought it because he bought the car in PA (PA doesnt require a front plate) and it did not have the bracket. He won the case and the ticket was thrown out. The judge told him " there is no law on the books that require you to have a front plate in NY". Now my defense if I ever get a ticket for no plate will be the same. I bought the car out of state and it did not come with a plate bracket.

lgret13
03-18-11, 03:37 PM
Below is the NY Law and it states that a front and rear plate is required. Also, technically the show n go is not legal because its too close to the ground.

1. (a) No person shall operate, drive or park a motor vehicle on the public highways of this state unless such vehicle shall have a distinctive number assigned to it by the commissioner and a set of number plates issued by the commissioner with a number and other identification matter if any, corresponding to that of the certificate of registration conspicuously displayed, one on the front and one on the rear of such vehicle, each securely fastened so as to prevent the same from swinging and placed, whenever reasonably possible, not higher than forty-eight inches and not lower than twelve inches from the ground; provided, however, that in any registration year for which only one number plate is issued, such number plate shall constitute a set of number plates for the time in which such use is authorized, shall be displayed on the rear of the vehicle and none shall be displayed on its front, except in case of a tractor, when such number plate shall be displayed on the front of the vehicle and none shall be displayed on its rear.