: Injector thread gone???

Luna.
03-17-11, 07:30 PM
Where did that thread go?

I'm very interested in purchasing those injectors and much of the contact information was in that thread, as well as some excellent, technical information that I wanted to take a close look at over the next few days.

Was there a problem that recently surfaced that required it's removal or something?

If so, I'd like to request that whatever it was that caused such thread to be removed to simply be deleted so the useful information can still be obtained.

In the alternative, would it be possible to get that information included in that thread offline?

Many thanks

DSteck
03-17-11, 07:58 PM
I can repost the links to the technical articles as long as it's OK with a moderator. Any questions anybody has about injectors, feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to share what I know, and if I can't answer them, I'll surely try to find an answer. I can also offer advice on tuning to go with it, incade anybody had questions about how it all comes together.

PhxTriode
03-17-11, 08:10 PM
Dsteck has been helping me with little tweaks to my tune that have proven beneficial.

He is a mad scientist.

dvandentop
03-17-11, 08:19 PM
welcome from corvette forum

DSteck
03-17-11, 08:40 PM
welcome from corvette forum
Hey, there's a familiar name! I always notice your posts because of the snazzy avatar. :)

Florian
03-17-11, 08:55 PM
It got ugly with name calling and accusations....play nice and it (thread closings) wont happen.

F

DSteck
03-17-11, 09:01 PM
It got ugly with name calling and accusations....play nice and it (thread closings) wont happen.

F
Would it be OK if I repost the technical article links?

Luna.
03-17-11, 09:15 PM

F

Thanks Florian.

I thought closing a thread meant it got locked so no one could post anymore. Is that not correct? I guess my point is similar to what I posted above; looking beyond any name-calling, there was some good information.

Is it possible to restore, but lock, such thread? It honestly would be useful.

PhxTriode
03-17-11, 11:45 PM

Based off what Florian said I think it would be fine.

It was very informative and after you told me about these injectors the website technical data sealed the deal.

I have a completely different understanding about injector data now thanks to you and Paul.

Maybe you can create a new thread as a technical article and if it doesn't get sh*t on it could be a sticky.

Florian
03-18-11, 12:11 AM

yes, please do.

Florian
03-18-11, 12:13 AM
Thanks Florian.

I thought closing a thread meant it got locked so no one could post anymore. Is that not correct? I guess my point is similar to what I posted above; looking beyond any name-calling, there was some good information.

Is it possible to restore, but lock, such thread? It honestly would be useful.

It was locked for a reason, lets leave it at that....feel free to discuss the topic here as cleaning up the other thread would be a chore.....I ask that all posters STAY ON TOPIC, avoid flaming/disparaging other posters and stick to the info. That is the reason I closed the other thread.

Carry on.

F

PhxTriode
03-18-11, 12:13 AM
yes, please do.

If it stays clean maybe a sticky???

PhxTriode
03-18-11, 12:25 AM
Here are the links:

http://www.injectordynamics.com/SteckScaleArticle.html
http://www.injectordynamics.com/DrillbitsAndDipshits.html
http://www.injectordynamics.com/LowPulseTech.html
http://www.injectordynamics.com/GMDATA.html

I will leave Dsteck to the rest.

Florian
03-18-11, 12:53 AM
If it stays clean maybe a sticky???

no. use your search function.

F

DrumStix
03-18-11, 08:19 AM
Very good debate and info...gone. :(

Domsz06
03-18-11, 08:43 AM
Very good debate and info...gone. :(

Darn I got your email too late :(

DSteck
03-18-11, 09:32 AM
It happens when emotions start to carry things away. A lot of the tech info is available out there, but anybody's best bet is to just ask questions about anything you are curious about or don't understand. :)

I enjoy helping people, and love tech discussions. I also like to be challenged, so don't be afraid to push the boundaries. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you I don't know but will make it a personal mission to find the answer.

Domsz06
03-18-11, 09:57 AM
any interest in a group buy on these injectors? Guess you can't post it since your not a supporting vendor.... darn.

DSteck
03-18-11, 10:40 AM
ID doesn't allow group buys anyway. Minimum advertised price is enforced regardless of how many are bought at one time. Any dealer you go to should be selling them at the same price. If they aren't, they can lose their dealer status.

Thumbs up to Florian for re-opening the thread and pruning it to be focused! Thanks for doing that. It could save me a lot of retyping. :)

PhxTriode
03-18-11, 01:21 PM
Thanks Florian

PhxTriode
03-18-11, 01:23 PM
any interest in a group buy on these injectors? Guess you can't post it since your not a supporting vendor.... darn.

To be honest any sting from the purchase price left when I saw the results in better fuel control.

DSteck
03-19-11, 04:51 PM
To be honest any sting from the purchase price left when I saw the results in better fuel control.
I was the same way. It still makes me laugh that people will spend tens of thousands of dollars on other things like a built engine, built driveline, huge power adder, etc... but scoff at the cost of nice injectors which end up being a drop in the bucket.

PhxTriode
03-19-11, 04:59 PM
This guy used to be in that camp.

But get the fuel right and everything else falls into place... Thanks for the enlightenment on this one.

GMX322V S/C
03-20-11, 12:04 AM
ID doesn't allow group buys anyway. Minimum advertised price is enforced regardless of how many are bought at one time. Any dealer you go to should be selling them at the same price. If they aren't, they can lose their dealer status.

Thumbs up to Florian for re-opening the thread and pruning it to be focused! Thanks for doing that. It could save me a lot of retyping. :)

Yes, a little moderation goes a long way. More active moderation by pruning the juveniles and profoundly ignorant and I might renew my membership.

Karch
03-25-11, 05:53 PM
On a side note, who would one contact at Injector Dynamics to inquire about how precise they measure the injectors?

Thanks.

shade
03-25-11, 08:41 PM
Contact PhxTriode he knows the guy at ID, forget his name. Its Paul something

Karch
03-25-11, 08:51 PM
Thank you.

Somefun
04-08-11, 04:26 PM
Well just bought a set of the Injector Dynamics ID850's also!!!! can't wait to get them in there....

PhxTriode
04-08-11, 04:27 PM
You won't regret it. I love mine

Somefun
04-09-11, 05:26 PM
You won't regret it. I love mine

Nice Phx did you but the D3 Super Charger lid spacer? I saw it said modded lid on your signature? If so how were the results?

shade
04-09-11, 08:07 PM
PHX has a custom lid :)

Somefun
04-09-11, 08:15 PM
How do they work? Are they worth the 500.00?

PhxTriode
04-09-11, 10:53 PM
Drumstix and myself had or lids custom modified the now have 1.125" space between the intercooler and top of lid.

DrumStix
04-10-11, 08:31 AM
I need to up the boost to see how it reacts and if it was worth it or not. So far, meh.

Somefun
04-10-11, 09:22 AM
What are you going to up he boost too? 10" lower?