: Could use some help...

King335i
03-17-11, 08:00 PM
In other words, the man's got me down. :helpless:

I've been pulled twice in the past month for failure to display a front license plate. When I got my car it had holes drilled in the front bumper for a license plate mount, I had those holes filled and paint matched to the rest of the bumper. The job is flawless, however in commisioning said job I put in motion a series of events which would inevitably see me being stopped by several friendly members of the Eugene Police Department due to my failure to display a front plate. The very reason I just paid hundreds at a body shop then proceeded to turn around and cost me another $300 in fines. My fault really. Or is it the V? It attracts the cops, my blacked out BMW 335i Coupe with big shiny wheels and custom paint and body work never drew so much the ire of local law enforcement. It was without front plates as well, and I only received one ticket for it in 3 years time. I have received two now for the V and I've only owned the car for a couple of months. I do think the lack of a front plate does stand out more on the V, notably because the car looks so much better without it.

In any case, I'm in need of a solution to this ever-present problem. I know some members have fold-out license plates that are motorized and tuck neatly under the front bumper when stowed. That sounds like an ideal compromise to me. Does anyone know where the something like this can be purchased?

JOEYCTS-V
03-17-11, 08:09 PM
ebay has a ton of them. Another idea is using the tow hook mount which some have done.

e6t
03-17-11, 08:18 PM
Its because the cops thought you were a chick in the 335.

DoingOK
03-17-11, 08:59 PM
Lol.........

King335i
03-17-11, 09:33 PM
Its because the cops thought you were a chick in the 335.

Amusing. No offense, but I'm assuming this is coming from a former E60 M5 owner?

e6t
03-17-11, 10:22 PM
Amusing. No offense, but I'm assuming this is coming from a former E60 M5 owner?

Im just messing with you... 90% of the girls I dated had 3 series bmws... Can't rip on that too much. My first car was a dinan m3!

And no on the m5. I had a modded 535 with right at 400 rwhp... Gotta love the Twin turbo N54. However, I do have a deposit on the first f10 m5 my dealer gets!

King335i
03-17-11, 11:58 PM
Im just messing with you... 90% of the girls I dated had 3 series bmws... Can't rip on that too much. My first car was a dinan m3!

And no on the m5. I had a modded 535 with right at 400 rwhp... Gotta love the Twin turbo N54. However, I do have a deposit on the first f10 m5 my dealer gets!

Damn, you modded the 535 with the N54? That's cool, I never really heard of anyone rocking the available mods for that powerplant in the 5-series. Yeah I had a Dinan stage 2 tune, Riss Racing Downpipes (cat), Eisenmann midpipes, and a Bastuck quad-exhaust. She was fast, and honestly I never truly got to see how fast she was compared to other cars. I did smoke a brand new 370Z and 2008 Mustang GT500 at the same time once, that was pretty spectacular. Yeah that N54 is one hell of an engine, I'm sad that they're doing that faux twin-turbo crap in the new N55 incarnation called "Twin-Power" turbo, which is really just a single twin-scroll turbocharger instead of the true twin setup in the N54.

Congrats on reserving the F10 M5, aren't you in a V now though? Are you gonna get rid of it when the M5 hits? I just read on E90post.com that the stats are out from BMW and the new M5 does 0-60 in 4.3, a little more than dissapointing for that twin-turbo V8.

In any case, my baby:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/Kingnaper/SIDESKIRTS.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/Kingnaper/NewGrilles2.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/Kingnaper/BACKYARDSLUMPIN.jpg

e6t
03-18-11, 01:54 AM
That's a nice looking 3er...

There are quite a few heavily modded e60 535s out there. The capabilities of that engine and the economy they can achieve is pretty unreal... Mine in stock form could pull my buddys 08 550 from about any speed and get high 20 mpgs on the highway. He hated it!

Then I added some aftermarket stuff like a custom giac tune, assorted rpi goodies (gt race exhaust, scoops, etc), fmic, throttle body and custom bov.

I never got to really run it either, but before I returned it to stock and got rid of it, I could beat a friends 996 quite handily...

0-60 in stock form was Probably low 5s and With mods high 4s or so... I'd est 1/4 at 13, but again, I have no idea!

As far as the m5 goes... Yes I have a 2010 v. I bought it as a bridge between the e60 and f10... Now, I don't know if I'll buy the thing or not.

As far as the specs you posted... I saw that earlier as well and im not sure I believe them 100%. Even still, the new m5 will be easily tunable, at least way more so than the v10, to 700hp or so. I'm reserving judgement until it's unveiled in Frankfurt. I just can't see it having nearly the same power as the x5 m and x6 m... But stranger things have happened.

I'm trying to get the nuts to mod the v and I may never look back.

cbloveday
03-18-11, 02:23 AM
Since we are showing off our previous owned M cars, here is mine and the mods.

GOTTA LOVE THE F1 SOUND!
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/th_10bb30e0.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/?action=view&current=10bb30e0.mp4)

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner014.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner018.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner046.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner021.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/vorsteiner001.jpg

2007 M6 Black Sapphire Metallic/Carbon Fibre Trim
Eisenmann Race Oval Tips
3M Clear Bra
RPI Scoops (Black)
K40 Calibre Radar w Bluetooth Remote & Defuser EX
Sprint Booster
Vorsteiner Carbon Fibre Front Spoiler
Dinan H Flow Air Mass Meter/Intake D763-0044
Dinan Cold Air Intakes D760-0021
Dinan 13% Pulley D560-0001
Dinan Stage 3 Software D903-51M3
Dinan H Flow Throttle Bodies D760-3800A
Dinan 3.91 LSD D773-0601A
Dinan CF Strut Brace D180-0007A
Dinan Stage 2 Suspension D190-6318

Caddyscat
03-18-11, 05:27 AM
Your age tells me a lot about you, plus the pictures of your euro car also tell me you like to be a little showy. Now you have 556 hp at your disposal. You were probably never caught speeding, but I bet you really enjoy when the light turns green. If I were a cop, and I had no solid proof of your speed but I saw you hammering it at the light I would look for any excuse to put you in check. But thats just my opinion. Be aware of your surroundings before you decide to push the pedal hard. It may sound quiet on the inside but I assure you it makes a good sound outside under WOT. It's a Cadillac so it's supposed to be smooth and quiet.
Then again maybe you always drive 5 miles below the speed limit and the pigs just love to harass you because they're all dicks.

Domsz06
03-18-11, 09:50 AM
Your age tells me a lot about you, plus the pictures of your euro car also tell me you like to be a little showy. Now you have 556 hp at your disposal. You were probably never caught speeding, but I bet you really enjoy when the light turns green. If I were a cop, and I had no solid proof of your speed but I saw you hammering it at the light I would look for any excuse to put you in check. But thats just my opinion. Be aware of your surroundings before you decide to push the pedal hard. It may sound quiet on the inside but I assure you it makes a good sound outside under WOT. It's a Cadillac so it's supposed to be smooth and quiet.
Then again maybe you always drive 5 miles below the speed limit and the pigs just love to harass you because they're all dicks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said.....

Also, didn't you tint all your tail lights and run dark tint as well????? Have you tried the, "it's broke and in the trunk" and then show them a busted holder and your tag?? In TX it's just a "fix it" ticket so it's 10 dollars. I haven't run a front plate since I got here. I will say that as I have gotten older (i know I'm still young in most members eyes) I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings and don't do anything at the lights and I haven't been pulled over for anything (except when I was doing 25 over on the free way whoops, and not in the V)

e6t
03-18-11, 10:27 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said.....

Also, didn't you tint all your tail lights and run dark tint as well????? Have you tried the, "it's broke and in the trunk" and then show them a busted holder and your tag?? In TX it's just a "fix it" ticket so it's 10 dollars. I haven't run a front plate since I got here. I will say that as I have gotten older (i know I'm still young in most members eyes) I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings and don't do anything at the lights and I haven't been pulled over for anything (except when I was doing 25 over on the free way whoops, and not in the V)

this.

i drive my x5 harder than the V! i dont really want to go fast, i just LOVE knowing i can! lmao...

Tony407
03-18-11, 03:56 PM
I dunno man...you might just want to get a front plate. I went through a similar dilemma, but with me it was a frickin parking ticket I got in downtown Portland that convinced me that it just wasn't worth it. Gotta love the front of the V without a plate, but after you get one for a while it's really no big deal. It's just the idea of it that irks me. Anyway, my .02.

Tony

shade
03-18-11, 09:58 PM
F that front license plate crap. Reason enough to move outta that state.

e6t
03-18-11, 10:01 PM
Hell, we barely have to have a rear plate!

King335i
03-19-11, 06:59 AM

Whoa, whoa. When did I ever mention going fast or driving irresponsibly? I know I'm relatively young to own a V, but young doesn't always go hand-in-hand with irresponsible and careless. If anything I'm looking to increase the sound of my V, and I'm not worried about cops taking note of it because I don't drive recklessly. I usually drive with extreme caution, well-mannered and conscientious. Cops just like to pull me over because they see a young kid in a new Cadillac coupe. Also, like I said above, I think the front of the V just shouts "hey, look at all these awesome angles, sooner or later you're going to realize in the midst of your admiration for these spectacularly designed curves that I do not have a front license plate."

As well, as I mentioned, I ran my 335i coupe like that and only once got a ticket for the window tint in 3 years time. I think people liked it too much (including cops), to give it any negative attention.

JimmyH
03-19-11, 08:08 PM
where do you live? IL used to be the worst. I got pulled over all the time for no front plate when I was a kid. 15 years later, I have no front plate on my Camaro for a while now, and haven't even gotten a second glance.

MotorMounts
03-19-11, 08:24 PM
Eugene !!! Ever get to Salem??? Road trip yourself up here and we'll get a bracket figured out. No holes required andsexy too.
503 (of course) 316-1811. Max

King335i
03-20-11, 01:35 AM
Intriguing. Maybe I will have to make the drive to Salem some time here soon!

V-Love
03-20-11, 03:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFnQBSmXCc

Show N Go makes a version.

Caddyscat
03-20-11, 07:55 PM
Put the red bull down and re-read my post. I never said anything about reckless driving or speeding. I am talking about calling forth unwanted attention to yourself.

King335i
03-20-11, 09:15 PM
Put the red bull down and re-read my post. I never said anything about reckless driving or speeding. I am talking about calling forth unwanted attention to yourself.

Put the red bull down? Haha, ok, I can tell you peaked in the early to mid nineties. You're talking about calling forth unwanted attention, but your whole comment was comprised of phrases like, "Your age tells me a lot about you," and, "I bet you really enjoy when the light turns green." So, really, you're calling forth attention to the fact that you blindly judge people based on their age and a series of poorly manifested, hypothetical "I bet" comments. I would give you a solid FAIL, but that might go over your head, so to put it in terms more commensurate to your age: your comment was totally bogus dude.

And yes, you were at least partially right about one thing. I don't drive 5 mph under the limit, I drive at the limit. But you were correct about the cops, they were just being dicks.

King335i
03-20-11, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFnQBSmXCc

Show N Go makes a version.

This is perfect man, thanks for the heads up.

King335i
03-20-11, 09:19 PM
where do you live? IL used to be the worst. I got pulled over all the time for no front plate when I was a kid. 15 years later, I have no front plate on my Camaro for a while now, and haven't even gotten a second glance.

I live in Eugene, Oregon. Seems like I'm in a somewhat similar situation to yours. But thankfully it seems, as with many things, that it gets better with age.

BeagleBrains
03-21-11, 05:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-11-Cadillac-CTS-CTS-V-Retractable-License-Plate-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0e03158eQQitemZ18062 3709582QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
I use this type of License Plate Mount on my C6 Corvette - works well.

Caddyscat
03-22-11, 03:44 PM
Fail or not, I haven't gotten any tickets in my V. Mount your Hide-a-plate and see if that works.

JOEYCTS-V
03-22-11, 03:51 PM
FYI rhoplate.com will have the tow hook mount for our cars in a few weeks. They have one now but it's 5mm shorter than the new one they are making. It's $60.