: Recall Notice for specific 2011 SRX vehicles - ECC Module reprogramming

jbsharpe
03-17-11, 04:47 PM
I just received a recall notice on my 2011 SRX (Premium Package) regarding HVAC and the possible impact to defrost/defog.

I purchased the vehicle about 5 weeks ago and have not seen any issues with this, but will schedule an appointment anyway (try to get any other software updates while there as well).

Below is the text from my recall notice:

"This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.

General Motors has decided that certain 2011 model year Cadillac SRX vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 103, Windshield Defrosting and Defogging Systems. As a result, GM is conducting a recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.
Details:
Recall = 11057
Why: Software in the Electronic Climate control (ECC) module may disable the ability to adjust the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system settings. If this happens, you will not be able to control the heating, cooling, and ventilation for the vehicle. If this condition affects the defrost system when it is required, it may decrease the driver's visibility, and could possibly result in a crash.

What Cadillac will do: Your Cadillac dealer will reprogram the ECC module. this service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately 25 minutes. If you vehicle is within the new Vehicle Limited Warranty, your dealer may provide you with shuttle service or some other for of courtesy transportation while your vehicle is at the dealership for this repair."

I'm not posting this because I'm pissed at GMC/Cadillac, but as a friendly info posting so folks with 2011's are aware of this possible recall. I also think that Buick has a similar issue with their Lacrosse as well.
I'm still very happy with my new SRX!!

Jeff

hsuca
03-21-11, 02:07 PM
Has anyone gone through with this recall?

I brought in my SRX in for the recall, 2011 SRX Performance Version 3.0, on Friday 3/18/11.

Right now, the bottom (Zone), goes off when I click on Auto. Even if I unclick Auto, the Zone won't go back on.

I raise the temperature to 71, it blow cold air. The whole system is acting weird.

Can anybody relate to this? I am planning to take it back to the dealer and see what is going on.

But let me know if anybody has the same issue?

JH