: Check with Dealer on Tie Rod Recall

cbloveday
03-17-11, 02:06 PM
I was in the service dept today for the installation of a new caliper that was damaged. I found my "V" logo was blemished by the dealer the last time it the wheels were removed and the logo is paint, not stencil or decal. :hmm:

Dealership ordered me a new caliper. Great place....................

While there, my service associated advised that there was a recall on the rear tie rods. Apparently the nuts can come loose and work their way down the rod. I read about this happening to a few people.

Anyway, the new nuts or knuckles are locking. We took a look at mine and they were tight. The parts were not in stock so they are being ordered and I will be notified when they arrive. The new parts have locking nuts.

It is a 2.5 hour job because they have to re-align the wheels.

Everyone may want to check into this. Sorry I did not get the tsb number.

Pic of the part. The arrows are pointing to the nuts that can work loose:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/Z06%20wheel%20install/DSC_0609-1.jpg

shade
03-17-11, 03:01 PM
Def need a TSB number and what it applies to...

cbloveday
03-17-11, 03:04 PM
I will look into it

baabootoo
03-17-11, 03:10 PM
You're getting new ones even w/o damage? Well, my visit will get longer then. My rear shocks are leaking, so they can do that at the same time then.

cbloveday
03-17-11, 03:13 PM
Heres the scoop.

Came out March 16th

Call your dealer and give them the last nine digits of your vin

It will pop up on their screen as

"Requires Field Action" (GM does not like the word RECALL)

# 11029 Rear Suspension Toe Link Separation

You should be getting a letter if affected*

*Make sure you call to save time, as they will probably need to order parts

baabootoo
03-17-11, 03:16 PM
Excellent, thanks.

PhxTriode
03-17-11, 03:24 PM
Thanks Curtis, I was talking to them about this on my last visit.

cbloveday
03-17-11, 03:37 PM
My pleasure.

RemoWilliams
03-17-11, 06:47 PM
Great thanks for the heads up. Called and my caddy service rep. and he is ordering the parts for me now.

mpouls1
03-18-11, 12:56 AM
Awesome Curtis. I am going to let them know when I go in this coming week. Saved me some trouble of having to explain this to them.

PhxTriode
03-18-11, 12:58 AM
Found out that the recall is vin# specific today and I thought it was a TSB but it is actually a recall.

Thanks again Curtis, ever since the first thread on this part failure I have been a little puckered when doing some WOT blasts.

cbloveday
03-18-11, 02:09 AM
Glad to help. Stay safe gents.

cdog533
03-18-11, 12:26 PM
What build dates are affected? all?

neuronbob
03-18-11, 01:42 PM
Once again, you are the man, Curtis. :thumbsup:

My V is at the dealer now for oil change and door handle issues. I have to go back in two weeks for summer wheel/tire changeover + alignment, and I will ask the service write to have the parts ordered ahead of time for this.

tbss08
03-18-11, 09:29 PM
Dealer ordered the parts for mine, should be next week for the repair and more...

Somefun
03-18-11, 10:06 PM
Guys I had my diff fluid change and I had the guy look at them....They were tight in the front but the rear were loose. I'm going to call the dealer and see if they will change them. If they do I guess they will have to re aline the car so it may be time for the 3D springs....:)

roarkb
03-19-11, 12:45 AM
I called dealer today to check if mine was in recall. It was. Was built March 09.

Thanks for the heads up.

baabootoo
03-19-11, 01:20 AM
3 dimensional springs? Aren't they all 3D??????????? :) Mine are tight as heck too.

IBNR
03-20-11, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know the VIN ranges of vehicles subject to this recall and those that are not?

cdog533
03-21-11, 12:21 PM
Mine is a 4/10 build - and they are saying no recall.

Except for the dumb glovebox brace one that I'm not doing...

mpouls1
03-21-11, 01:19 PM
Dealer is ordering the parts. Build date 3/09

cbloveday
03-21-11, 01:54 PM
Mine is a 4/10 build - and they are saying no recall.

Except for the dumb glovebox brace one that I'm not doing...

cdog,

Who did you speak to?

I would make sure by calling GM service
It is also possible this is being done in batches to ensure part availability.

DrumStix
03-21-11, 02:42 PM
Mine is part of the recall. Just ordered the parts.

cdog533
03-21-11, 03:07 PM
cdog,

Who did you speak to? .

I spoke to my local dealer. They looked up my VIN. Said the only outstanding recall was the glovebox brace. They sounded legit about it.

IBNR
03-21-11, 03:08 PM
Mine is a 3/10 build. Maybe it's 2009s only?

BTW, cdog, obviously your call on the glovebox brace, but I had it done on my car about a month ago and the work appears to be perfect. In fact, it actually seems to have *helped* with reducing the clicking and squeaking issues I was having with my dash. Just my $0.02 of course, but I would not worry too much about having it done.

Curtis, do you have a number for GM Service?

tbss08
03-21-11, 06:17 PM
Cadillac number for checking on the recall. 1-866-982-2339

PhxTriode
03-21-11, 06:19 PM
Curtis,

If it wasn't for this post I would not have known. I just think about what would have happen with my family in the car when this finally let loose.

Me and my family thank you.

IBNR
03-21-11, 06:29 PM
Wow, that's pretty dramatic!

I just called the number provided by tbss08 and was told (by the computer that answers) that "there are no outstanding recalls on [my] vehicle at this time." Presumably that's so because (1) I've already had the glovebox brace done, and (2) my 3/10 build V is not subject to this tie rod issue (at least not yet).

cbloveday
03-21-11, 06:29 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is scarey.

PhxTriode
03-21-11, 06:38 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!! That is scarey.

Whats worse is I tweaked my tune yesterday and then we all jumped in the car to go to the store and I did a healthy blast from 0-1??. My stomach fell when my friend at the dealer just sent me this picture.
of my car.

If anybody has any doubt if their car falls within this recall, please see your dealer to have it checked.

I don't want to read a post about someone getting hurt because of this.

Exhale....

On the bright side I am taking this opportunity to install some D3 comp springs and new PS2's all the way around :-)

cbloveday
03-21-11, 07:14 PM
Thats what I'm talking about!

poor-sha
03-21-11, 08:06 PM
I've never had my own personal recall before :) I had mine come apart without warning while going straight at 70 MPH in rush hour. I did a full spin and a half without hitting anything (miraculously). Given that they only replaced one side I guess I'm going back to the dealer.

cdog533
03-21-11, 08:31 PM
I've never had my own personal recall before :) I had mine come apart without warning while going straight at 70 MPH in rush hour. I did a full spin and a half without hitting anything (miraculously). Given that they only replaced one side I guess I'm going back to the dealer.

That would have been a cool video!

What's your build date?

tbss08
03-21-11, 08:32 PM
Drivers side was tight on mine, passenger side.:tisk::tisk: And I had the wife in the car doing a little spirited drive Sunday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/04z16/IMG_0153.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/04z16/IMG_0154.jpg

Waiting on parts and an appointment.

poor-sha
03-21-11, 08:42 PM
Build date 03/09. No video but I was talking on the BT at the time. The person I was talking to said he heard the tire screaching for like 10-15 seconds and just kept waiting for the crash.

CTSV4now
03-21-11, 10:19 PM
04/09 build and NOT part of this recall, but I am still having the dealer check mine out anyway.

EDIT: 04/23/09 build date. Called the number and they also confirmed not subject to recall.

dvandentop
03-21-11, 11:03 PM
Build date 03/09. No video but I was talking on the BT at the time. The person I was talking to said he heard the tire screaching for like 10-15 seconds and just kept waiting for the crash.

sean did yours completely come loose then??

sybersport
03-21-11, 11:43 PM
I wonder if this is affecting my 2011 V Sedan, and was contributing to my greater than average power hop. Still haven't had a chance to test the car after the rear diff swap

PSRmark
03-22-11, 12:34 AM
Whats worse is I tweaked my tune yesterday and then we all jumped in the car to go to the store and I did a healthy blast from 0-1??. My stomach fell when my friend at the dealer just sent me this picture.
of my car.

If anybody has any doubt if their car falls within this recall, please see your dealer to have it checked.

I don't want to read a post about someone getting hurt because of this.

Exhale....

On the bright side I am taking this opportunity to install some D3 comp springs and new PS2's all the way around :-)

That was the right side of the vehicle and it was untouched. The left side had a gap of about 2mm. I'm glad this thread was here to bring light to this situation. Never in my wildest would I have figured this was possible, usually those nuts are somewhat seized on there and dont move to easily, these would spin very freely.

Not every CTS is going to fall under the recall as they had a part change mid production. From what I can tell they may still be updating the Vin break points. GM says that less than 5% of the cars will need the toe rods and that just the updated nuts will be required for most of the vehicles.

If you are worried about your vehicle before you can get it in just simply look at the rear toe rods for any kind of gap between the adjuster and the retaining nuts.

cbloveday
03-22-11, 07:55 AM
04/09 build and NOT part of this recall, but I am still having the dealer check mine out anyway.

Hmmm, that is interesting, as my build date is: 2009-04-14 and my car was included in this recall. I would check periodically to see if you are included at some point.
Like I said earlier, they may be doing this in batches to ensure part availability.

poor-sha
03-22-11, 10:15 AM
sean did yours completely come loose then??

Yup - at speed. I'd like to think it was my mad skillz that kept me from hitting anything but in reality there's not much you can do when one rear wheel has Dynamic Toe Adjustment (maybe we can add that as an option :) ).

I was complaining on this forum a month or so prior about some odd handling traits in high speed sweepers but it was subtle and I wasn't about to try and convince the dealer "that it handled funny".

OldRoadDawg
03-22-11, 10:22 AM

[/B]

Hmmm, that is interesting, as my build date is: 2009-04-14 and my car was included in this recall. I would check periodically to see if you are included at some point.
Like I said earlier, they may be doing this in batches to ensure part availability.

Called yesterday on my 04/09 build and was advised that it was included in the recall.
But I won't be rolling it out from hibernation for a few weeks yet.

PhxTriode
03-22-11, 10:46 AM
That was the right side of the vehicle and it was untouched. The left side had a gap of about 2mm. I'm glad this thread was here to bring light to this situation. Never in my wildest would I have figured this was possible, usually those nuts are somewhat seized on there and dont move to easily, these would spin very freely.

Not every CTS is going to fall under the recall as they had a part change mid production. From what I can tell they may still be updating the Vin break points. GM says that less than 5% of the cars will need the toe rods and that just the updated nuts will be required for most of the vehicles.

If you are worried about your vehicle before you can get it in just simply look at the rear toe rods for any kind of gap between the adjuster and the retaining nuts.

Thanks for taking care of my V Mark, and sharing with the forum what you found

Wannago
03-22-11, 03:53 PM
Just called my dealer, my car is not affected (06/09 build).

thatcoder
03-22-11, 04:05 PM

likewise, all i've got is the glove box mod. i've scheduled it for thurs.. with Bill to get Er done.

gnxs
03-22-11, 04:19 PM
My service adviser said my car is not currently identified in this recall. My car was built 4/22/2009.

PhxTriode
03-22-11, 05:02 PM
My service adviser said my car is not currently identified in this recall. My car was built 4/22/2009.

What this makes me think is that between 12/08-4/09 they knew there was an issue and corrected it at the factory but didn't advise anyone until there was actual major failure.

tbss08
03-22-11, 06:32 PM
Mine has a build date of 3/09.

Titaniumseeker
03-22-11, 09:36 PM
GM is calling it a Product Safety Bulletin and my car with a build date of 03/09 is on the list. I would suggest that those of you with 09's, specifically with March build dates, get their vehicles to the dealer and get this checked out. It will involve two dealer trips. One to check, evaluate and order parts and the second to do the actual replacement. Most dealers will not just order the parts before evaluating your vehicle and this is a serious enough issue not to be ignored. You can call (866) 982-2339 to verify your vehicle. Good luck.

RapidRob
03-22-11, 11:22 PM
Just had the SA at my dealer check for me, (build date = 02/2009), and sure nuff, the recall does apply to my V. They are going to order parts and give me a call for an appointment when the parts arrive.

Rob

PhxTriode
03-22-11, 11:24 PM
Mines all fixed

GMX322V S/C
03-23-11, 01:16 AM
Build date 12/3/08; service writer got a hit...

Teutonaddict
03-23-11, 10:17 AM

Ditto here for build date of 6/19/09. Just the glovebox mod, which I'm opting out of...

Thanks for the thread, Curtis!

cbloveday
03-23-11, 10:37 AM
No problem, I thought this was very dangerous and would be beside myself if I heard of someone having an accident before they were notified by letter. I have still not received mine btw.

RogersV
03-23-11, 10:37 AM
I've got a Dec. 08 build date, dealer said it's on the list, bring it in for repair. Thanks to all

dqw1
03-23-11, 02:52 PM
March 09 here and mine is included on the recall.

zr1vet
03-24-11, 03:33 PM
same here, 03/09, needs glovebox and now this "warranty" work done. Will have to arrange schedule and to take it to Lindsay.

GMX322V S/C
03-24-11, 03:39 PM
Build date 12/3/08; service writer got a hit...

Turns out everything checked out okay. Glove box mod not needed either. Trunk mod needed (water collecting inside lid; fix is to remove small bump stops at corners to allow drainage; after writer saw look on my face, said he'll ask them to look at sealing under spoiler better--we'll see.

sharky1
03-24-11, 10:40 PM
just took mine in for tires, both were loose, one was completely backed off....and i've had no contact about a recall..what happens when someone gets hurt?:mad2:

baabootoo
03-25-11, 12:52 AM
You get an attorney.............Habbish, Habbish, and David if you're in the Midwest.

mpouls1
03-25-11, 01:40 AM
I got my postcard today. Says I have an "Urgent recall notice." Says my records show my car has not had necessary recall repairs. Sweet.

cbloveday
03-25-11, 08:25 AM
I am scheduled for Tuesday to have the service done.

Silver -V-
03-25-11, 11:02 AM
I had mine done yesterday. I was surprised to see how far the nuts had backed off on the tensioner. I had also begun to hear a bit of a metallic clink in the right rear. All of the noise is gone, and the car feels tight again.

12-08 build

baabootoo
03-26-11, 01:49 AM
06/18/09 build date, and was told NOT included.

cbloveday
03-26-11, 02:12 AM
Got my notice in the mail today.

DrumStix
03-26-11, 08:40 AM
No notice for me but I did call the dealer last week and my parts are in now. No track time today!! I don't want my tire to pass me at 130 mph. The fix is going in next Saturday. So, I guess no track time then either. :(

Wannago
03-26-11, 11:30 AM
06/18/09 build date, and was told NOT included.

Dumb question perhaps, but all I was able to find on my car was the month/year. Maybe I overlooked it, but where do you find the actual DAY of the build?

GMX322V S/C
03-26-11, 01:22 PM
I got mine by tracking it through the system as it was being built. It is also on a detailed build sheet that is part of a research package you can order through GM Canada (for all north American cars).

baabootoo
03-26-11, 03:14 PM
Yes, mine too. I had the dealer run a "Vehicle Build" and "Summary" under the "GM Vehicle Inquiry System". Besides details for all the options, it has recalls, notices, order number, build plant, and all available warranties too. Each one had two pages of data. Nice info for sure.

cbloveday
03-26-11, 04:15 PM
Dumb question perhaps, but all I was able to find on my car was the month/year. Maybe I overlooked it, but where do you find the actual DAY of the build?

If you type your vin here, it will give you the day....

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Wannago
03-26-11, 05:23 PM
If you type your vin here, it will give you the day....

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Thanks. Figures...Friday build for mine, although it's been good to me so far (touch wood)...

tbss08
03-26-11, 06:59 PM
Just picked mine up from the dealer. Both tie rods were loose, the right backed off about 2 inches and the left was about a quarter inch loose. Waiting on parts for the rear main oil seal leak now, should be in this week.

It took the tech 2.5 hours per side to replace the tie rods, something about heating them up with a propane torch. I'm going to get a copy of the Bulletin to see what they were talking about.

neuronbob
03-26-11, 09:30 PM
I called the number provided earlier in the thread and Cadillac Service confirmed that my 3/13/2009 built car is in the recall. With that in mind, I actually got under the car and looked at my tie rods. So far, mine look OK. I certainly haven't had any untoward rear suspension noises, or major changes in handling now, at 23.5k miles.

The recall comes at the perfect time for me as I'm about to put on my "summer" (actually, 3-season :) ) wheels and needed an alignment anyway.

So Curtis, my wife and little boy thank you for the info.

mpouls1
03-27-11, 01:11 AM
My 3/09 was on the lift Friday and thankfully everything looked ok. The parts should be in next week. The dealer is going to warranty my license plate lamps, and the upper center console tab that I broke so it doesn't latch. Awesome! Thanks again for the heads up Curtis. Missed you at the Yanni concert:)

cbloveday
03-27-11, 02:01 AM
No need to thank me guys, the recall notice seems to be arriving in the mail for everyone. See ya at the track. Be safe.

DrumStix
03-27-11, 09:13 AM
Yanni?

RapidRob
03-27-11, 06:54 PM
Yanni?

^^ +2? lol

Received my notification from Cadillac yesterday. Parts are already on order.

Rob

mpouls1
03-27-11, 09:17 PM
Yanni?

LOL

He was at the Sears Center last night in Hoffman Estates. Looks kinda like dvandentop.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo238/mpoulsen25/Yanni-Live_At_The_Acropolis-Frontal-1.jpg

sharky1
03-27-11, 10:34 PM
just to be clear, they are just replacing the jam nuts , right?

cbloveday
03-27-11, 10:36 PM
Not clear. Will find out tuesday.

cbloveday
03-28-11, 11:49 PM
Appt tommorrow, if you got questions for the service dept, let me know.

dvandentop
03-28-11, 11:51 PM
just got my letter today

FFBOS
03-29-11, 12:01 AM
Taking mine in thursday, they are giving me a loaner, but I'm hoping to get it back the same day. I don't like my car sitting in a dealer lot for a day or two

cbloveday
03-29-11, 12:34 AM
2.5 hours. You should have your car back same day.

asabase
03-29-11, 09:10 AM
Just got my letter. What are people getting as loaners? Last time I had a SRX. They wouldn't loan me the XLR they had sitting right next to it.

dqw1
03-29-11, 10:22 AM
Just got my letter. What are people getting as loaners? Last time I had a SRX. They wouldn't loan me the XLR they had sitting right next to it.
I dropped mine off at Bentley at 7am yesterday and had them give me a ride to work. I didn't feel like dealing with Enterprise. They were done by 2pm.

cbloveday
03-29-11, 02:31 PM
DOC ID 2606630 18pages with pictures
Safety Recall 11029-Rear Suspension Toe Link Separation

Received Car back.

2.5 Hour Process

Was given 2011 CTS as Loaner

Part Numbers Involved:

19258771 Nut, RR Susp Adj LINK (LH) Quantity 2
19258772 Nut, RR Susp Adj Link (RH) Quantity 2
25958229 Link, RR Susp Adj Quantity 1 or 2 (IF required)

Nuts are not required if Link is replaced
Less than 5% of involved vehicles will require replacement of toe link assembly.

Jam Nuts are discarded and replaced.

If toe link rod threads are are stripped, worn, damaged or show signs of corrosion, toe link assembly is replaced and adjusted.

If toe link rods threads are good, clean and reassemble with new jam nuts.

Cleaning process involves, melt off of wax residue from the threads on the toe link rods and adjustment links using a BLAZER MicroTorch or equivalent. Do not use solvents, acetylene, or propane torches as these are too hot and will cause component damage.

Clean inside threads of adjustment link and outside threads of toe link rod with wire brush, apply heat to threads only of both parts for 15 seconds. Repeat 2-3 times.

Apply cool water before reassembly.

Use air gun to completely dry.

Install toe link assembly to knuckle joint bolt and tighten to 160 Nm (118 LB FT)
Tighten the inside and outside jam nuts to 5 Nm (4 lb ft)

Perform alignment.

Cadillac 1-866-982-2339

DrumStix
03-30-11, 12:40 AM
just got my letter today

When's the new CD droppin?

DrumStix
03-30-11, 12:42 AM
I checked mine tonight. Everything is good. Still going to do the recall, just not this week.

DrumStix
03-30-11, 12:44 AM
Not clear. Will find out tuesday.

Your dealer is as cool as mine. The looks on their faces will be awesome when you bring that monster in there. Throw them a rev. Last time I went in I laid 4 sets of black marks as I exited and the place went nuts. I think they sold all the V's on their lot that day after I rolled, something like 11. I need my cut.

asabase
04-06-11, 12:48 PM
Took mine in to Bentley at 7:30. They refused to give me a loaner and the shuttle had already left. Stood around while they checked if they needed to order parts (they do). Now waiting for a call when they come in. They said you don't get a loaner unless it is over an 8 hour job - they didn't have a problem giving me one last time for just the wheel clicking issue.

My left side of my rear bumper just behind the rear tire is poking out a bit and they wouldn't look at that either.

neuronbob
04-06-11, 01:53 PM
I made my appointment a few days ago. I will be taking my car in next week, and at the same time will be putting on my summer wheels. The service writer commented that the left nuts were in very short supply. I could only laugh (him, too) when he told me that. I mean, really? So hopefully the parts will be in at the time of my appointment. LOL!

mpouls1
04-06-11, 02:52 PM
...My left side of my rear bumper just behind the rear tire is poking out a bit and they wouldn't look at that either.

Mine does too. Looks like more trouble than it's worth. I did have the dealer look at it.

Domsz06
04-06-11, 03:29 PM
I took mine in today for this as well as the tranny issues and the TPMS issues.

Got a lovely red impalla. At least Sewell was very friendly and what not. We will see if they are able to fix anything other then the recall. Dropped it off at 8, and still no word :(

readyact
04-06-11, 04:01 PM
Had my recall performed this past Monday at Voss Village Cadillac. When I called to make the appointment my service advisor asked me if I wanted a loaner which I said yes. So I dropped off the car and they said I had 24 hours on the regular CTS AWD loaner. Later that afternoon the dealership called me and said my V was ready so I went and picked it up without any issues. As usual it was a very easy process for me.

RapidRob
04-06-11, 10:59 PM
Had mine done a few days ago, and they found one of the tie-rod nuts backed out. They provided a CTS loaner while doing the job, and called me later the same day saying it was done. All-in-all, a good experience, and good service.

Rob

Domsz06
04-07-11, 09:06 AM
mine was finished late yesterday I heard but they still hadn't looked at the TPMS and transmission issues so I got to keep my bomb immpala lol.

I wish a dealership around here would give me a caddy when I take mine in :(

readyact
04-07-11, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know what cars are being recalled. 6-15-09 build date and I am not recalled. I asked the dealer to look at it for safety reasons but they said it looks fine.

I remember other cars having build dates after mine being recalled it doesn't make sense.
I asked my s.a. if they stagger the recall so 100,000 cars dont all come back at once and he said it doesnt look like that.

I don't know how they are rolling out the recall. I got a letter last week and scheduled an appointment. Also just happend to log into my OnStar account and had the falling note under my vehical status:

Recall Reminder
Campaign #:2011029REAR SUSPENSION TOE LINK SEPARATIONPlease visit your Dealer for service.

tbss08
04-07-11, 06:56 PM
Dropped mine off for some more warranty work, got a DTS for a loaner. What a boat compared to the V. I feel like an old man whenever I get in or out of the car! :histeric:

neuronbob
04-14-11, 12:21 AM
Had the campaign done today. The parts in question were within spec, confirming what I found on my visual inspection a few days ago. The nuts were replaced anyway and I had an alignment. Winter tires are now off. It feels like I have a brand new car!

chopmeat
04-14-11, 02:28 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys that I just had mine done. All new.

JFJr
04-14-11, 12:58 PM
Did the recall: both nuts and one rod replaced. I had a new STS loaner; makes you appreciate the "V."

Didn't one of the forum members spin out because of this problem? I think the car feels more buttoned down now, but I'm probably imagining it.

Jud

mpouls1
04-14-11, 07:15 PM
Just got done today. I had the front aligned (non warranty) along with the rears. Probably not even worth it but what the hell. The dealer even warrantied my falling out license plate housing, and center console tab that was broke that kept the top closed. Awesome :thumbsup:

I also had my spark plugs changed out to NGK Tr5 IX (item number 7397). I called up NGK and they recommend using the Tr5 instead of Tr6. I don't have any mods. Maybe I'm just imagining but the motor seems to like the new plugs. Feels like it runs smoother seems more responsive but I haven't had much seat time yet.

wetcoast
04-14-11, 09:27 PM
Got mine done Monday. They even aligned the fronts for free =)

barryg
04-14-11, 09:32 PM
Had both rods replaced and nuts for the recall. I was informed that usually just the nuts are replaced but in my particular situation they replaced the rods as well. 2.5 hrs labor. Kia optima for a loaner.

jskv12
05-24-11, 05:59 PM
Has anyone had symptoms of a problem with the tie rod nuts? My car makes a loud almost thud-like noise when reversing out of the driveway and I wondered if that might be the cause. I received the recall notice but have yet to bring the car in or drive it for that matter since the notice.

Jeff, 2009 CTS V 5400miles.

Rabbitctsv
05-24-11, 08:22 PM
What about the front ones? Mine were loose and they charged me to fix it and a new alinement all because I had lowering springs. When I had it towed in the pass front wheel was towed in BAD and it was because a loose nut.

baabootoo
05-25-11, 12:43 AM
Has anyone had symptoms of a problem with the tie rod nuts? My car makes a loud almost thud-like noise when reversing out of the driveway and I wondered if that might be the cause. I received the recall notice but have yet to bring the car in or drive it for that matter since the notice.

Jeff, 2009 CTS V 5400miles.

Have you checked them? You can see real easy if they're loose and have a gap between the adjuster and the nuts. Worse yet, the wheels are cock-eyed.

Tedboss1
05-25-11, 12:59 PM
Had my recall on tie roads done last week.
It took 3 weeks to get an appointment.
It was a painless process.
Got SRX as a loaner - nice crossover SUV but no guts.