: Cheap looking STS Grille....

01STS
10-04-04, 05:57 PM
Got to see my 1st STS upclose yesterday and was quite disappointed with the grille on the cars with adaptive cruse control. I was expecting a nice 3D chrome emblem similar to my STS but it has a plastic picture of the Caddy emblem. I guess that is where the sensor is located but I think they could have dressed it up nicer especially since it was priced at 86,000 CDN.

mafungu
10-05-04, 01:07 AM
i agree very cheap looking :rant2:

diamond in the back
10-05-04, 04:56 PM
I thought I was the only one that noticed how ugly that plastic sticker looking symbol looked on the 05 STS with HUD. It's for that reason that if I decide to get an 05 STS next spring I will not be getting adaptive cruise control. I mean the XLR and the 05 corvette has HUD and they don't have that ugly plastic on them what gives?

STSOnly
10-05-04, 06:09 PM
Is this the emblem that every one is talking about? It does look cheap. As a matter of fact, you can buy these same 'stick on' emblems off eBay for less than $10.00 lol.

majax
10-05-04, 08:07 PM
Well Cadillac says its "special" so the signal can see through it :bonkers:. Anyways why didnt they just put like a thing next to it on the grill. something completely separate. They could have been more creative.

diamond in the back
10-06-04, 01:49 AM
if mercedes can hide there distronic behind the front grill in the S class why couldn't cadillac?

harryctsv
10-06-04, 07:22 AM
Yes, the Cadillac plastic badge in the middle of the grill looks ugly!
On my XLR the sensors for the adaptive cruise is on the left and right side
of my front license plate.

One thing more, the sensors are needed for the adaptive cruise - not for HUD.

Now Im waiting for the arrive of the first CTS Vs and 05 STS here in Germany because Ill get me one of these two.

DVos
10-07-04, 09:42 AM
I agree that it's cheap looking BUT, my dealer is installing a V Grille on mine, yours can do the same if you ask. It changes the whole look of the car. Hope that helps.

nbfc
10-07-04, 12:13 PM
The V grill will block the sensor. I have the adaptive cruise on mine with hud. It works great. I dont think it looks cheap at all. I wonder how yours will look with the V grill how did you decide to get it like that? Did you see a pic with it. Also looking to change rims on mine, but can't find to many place yet that make them for the car.

robert
10-07-04, 02:40 PM
I Would Like To Know How And Where I Can Get A V Grill For My 2005 Sts, I Checked With My Local Dealer And Was Advised That The Cts V Grill Doesn't Fit And Cadillac Parts Does Dept Not Show A V Grill For The Sts Yet.

megeebee
10-07-04, 04:02 PM
I Would Like To Know How And Where I Can Get A V Grill For My 2005 Sts, I Checked With My Local Dealer And Was Advised That The Cts V Grill Doesn't Fit And Cadillac Parts Does Dept Not Show A V Grill For The Sts Yet.
The "V" version of the STS is not scheduled to debut until the 2006 model year.

diamond in the back
10-07-04, 06:25 PM
I hope they unviel the STS-V at next years(2005) Detroit autoshow in 3+ months I know i'm gonna be there.

DVos
10-08-04, 09:08 AM
The grille will not block the sensor, the simply re-install the badge where it was on the old model. The grilles are available from aftermarket guys that my Cadillac dealer works with, it will be on my STS next week.

robert
10-08-04, 10:04 AM
Could you do me a favor and when you visit your dealer, get the name of the after market co. that supplys them with the 05 sts v-mesh grill, and let me know, i would appreciate it, thanks.

DVos
10-08-04, 11:14 AM
Yes, I will post all of that information. In the meantime, ask your dealer and see what he says. I've learned that Caddy dealers are used to doing a lot of custom work.

robert
10-08-04, 11:20 AM
I did ask him and does not know any.

harryctsv
10-08-04, 01:11 PM
I agree that it's cheap looking BUT, my dealer is installing a V Grille on mine, yours can do the same if you ask. It changes the whole look of the car. Hope that helps.
Hi, there - do you have any pics of the V grille on your STS?

DVos
10-08-04, 02:56 PM
Give me a week or so. They are installing custom tires, rims and the grille for me. I'll get some digitals after that.

gothicaleigh
10-08-04, 04:31 PM
I agree that the sensor-emblem looks terrible and plasticky. I would rather have seen them remove the emblem all together and just have the black sensor (I recall the DTS's with night vision doing this). Relocation of the sensor like on the XLR would be the ideal solution though.

I like the feature, but would go without for the simple fact of the horrible-looking sensor. Hopefully Cadillac will make a mid-year change and address this complaint (they have been very good about making small changes to the CTS in mid-year to keep owners happy).

pearlwhitests96
06-27-05, 11:50 AM
Wassup People.

spaceman78
06-28-05, 02:26 PM
eg classic sells the mesh v-grill for the sts looks preety nice.........

nasser
07-02-05, 07:09 AM
did any one tried to replace the ACC grill with the standard grill instead of the V grill ?should the cover must be transperant ?
even if it works fine with the standard grill , maybe the radar lence will be covered by dust and dirt with time

redlinests
07-03-05, 02:58 AM
They are selling the V mesh grille on E-BAY . I can't remenber how much:rant2:. I think it's around $389 . i found it doing a search for 05STS. Hope that helps:D. I will buy one but was waiting for the price to drop a bit :bouncy:. Replacement is very easy !!

60 special
07-05-05, 08:57 PM
Vogue Tire sells the STS mesh v-style grille for the adaptive cruise control car. I've also seen them in online stores.