: So Cal Turbo Buick Tech Session: Sat., 04-30-2011:

Gary Wells
03-16-11, 05:59 PM
Sat., 04-30-2100, about 10:00 AM until about 2:00 PM. All SoCal Cad CTS-V's & STS-V's are invited to this tech session being put on at J & S Gear Co, 18222 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648. Parking spaces will be on the basis of "first come, first serve", so parking could become limited. I was told that J & S Gear had about 30 spaces. Check out the link on Turbobuick.com, Southwestern section, thread titled "Thinking of doing a cool car show".
I am planning on taking my CTS-V, as you can see from the disagreement that ensued on pages 1 & 2.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/342612-thinking-doing-cool-car-show.html

This will be a very good opportunity to get the Cad CTS-V's, STS-V's & turbo Buicks together.

Luna.
03-16-11, 09:51 PM
I tentatively put it in my calendar, Gary. I presume you are going, correct?

Gary Wells
03-16-11, 10:22 PM
I'm planning on going, Luna, and as you read, I'm planning on bringing the Cad. I am sure that the tech session will be sort of boring, but the car show & tell itself will make it all worthwhile.
I'm also going to try and get a bunch of us together before that for maybe Donut Derelicts in Huntington Beach or Cars & Coffee in Irvine. What would you think about a CTS-V & STS-V get together sometime between now and then, like maybe Saturday morning at either place. Maybe Saturday early morning 04-09-2011. What say you? This weekend is pretty short notice and it is supposed to rain.

Luna.
03-16-11, 10:40 PM
Doh--that thread has some mustard to it by some people :)

Did you mean 04/09/11?

The only issue with myself and early morning meets is the distance, but I can often work that out

Gary Wells
03-16-11, 10:59 PM
Doh--that thread has some mustard to it by some people :)

Did you mean 04/09/11?

The only issue with myself and early morning meets is the distance, but I can often work that out

Uh-huh, that's what I meant, and thank you for the correction. I really think that we have enough local SoCal people that we could start doing our own get-togethers, and having it at an already existing and happening car cruise solves the restroom, food, & parking concerns. There's a couple of new guys with Cads in SoCal that have posted.
Yes, there's some mustard thrown around on that thread already. There's always an arse somewhere, right? Several over there.

jedhead
03-17-11, 02:01 AM
I put 4/9 on my calendar and will try to make it. I have been busy lately.

Bob

hlantin
03-17-11, 10:49 AM
4/9 sounds good to me. let me know which place?

Gary Wells
03-17-11, 02:14 PM
Luna:
If you can make it 04-09-2011, do you feel up to the drive down to Cars & Coffee - Irvine? It's a better show in my opinion, and we can probably hang a little later, probably until about 9:00 AM ish or so, but are you up to the drive?
Donut Derelicts is about 1/4 hour closer to you, but that show is over about 8:00 AM or so due to the businesses opening up, and the show itself is not quite as good. More talent at Cars & Coffee - Irvine also. Pick your poison?

Luna.
03-17-11, 02:25 PM
Luna:
If you can make it 04-09-2011, do you feel up to the drive down to Cars & Coffee - Irvine? It's a better show in my opinion, and we can probably hang a little later, probably until about 9:00 AM ish or so, but are you up to the drive?
Donut Derelicts is about 1/4 hour closer to you, but that show is over about 8:00 AM or so due to the businesses opening up, and the show itself is not quite as good. More talent at Cars & Coffee - Irvine also. Pick your poison?

If you like the Irvine show better, I say let's hit that one. I'll make something work, one way or another. :)

Gary Wells
03-17-11, 02:30 PM
Kool, I'll check on socalcarculture that 04-09-2011 is a valid Cars & Coffee - Irvine date and if so, I'll post up on the other sections and see what we can get going.