: Tpms operating range 2011 srx performance with 20" chrome wheels and rke reminder ?'s

cvettr/cts-v
03-15-11, 06:05 PM
My mom just bought herself a 2011 SRX AWD perfomance with 20" chrometech factory wheels. I have looked in the manual and googled with no success but my question is what is the operating range for the sensors? meaning at what psi does the low warning come on at and at what psi does the high warning come on at? Also I'm about to turn off the RKE remote in vehicle warning as it gives 3 beeps everytime she walks away from the vehicle (with doors unlocked) and the rke fob in her hand. It is not in the vehicle but I guess it is sensing it is still inside the vehicle? She can get around this by locking the doors with the RKE remote then walking away but she likes to leave her vehicles unlocked when in her own garage? Any other suggestion other than turn the reminder off in personal settings? And for it to work with both remotes they both need to be present during the turn off correct?

cam30era
03-15-11, 07:54 PM
I believe that the low warning comes on if pressure drops below 30 psi. Regarding the 3 beeps she is getting, please read your owners manual. There are a lot of customizable settings for the door locks and audible/visual notifications. I don't know exactly how her vehicle is set up, so it will be easier for you to read the manual and help her reprogram it. Here's a link to an electronic version of the manual > http://www.cadillac.com/assets/pdf/owners/manuals/manuals_2011/2011_cadillac_srx_owners_manual.pdf

cvettr/cts-v
03-16-11, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the input I have read the manual both paper and electronic and know what is causing it. it is the rke reminder and I plan on turning it off later this week when I see her again but was curious if this is an issue or annoyance for anyone else as the rke is not being left in the car it is outside the car in her hand. Did not know if hers is too sensitive or if they all act like that. And if hers is too sensitive can it be adjusted. Just dont know how it differentiates fob in car vs fob outside but next to car.

ezliving
03-20-11, 01:53 AM
The SRX comes with two Fobs. Perhaps you should locate the second fob. It may still be in the vehicle.

sube5186
03-20-11, 04:25 PM
The SRX comes with two Fobs. Perhaps you should locate the second fob. It may still be in the vehicle.

Absolutely! You should NOT be getting three beeps with no remote in the vehicle. If you have the passive locking system, you should only be getting "one" beep and a flash of the parking lights. This indicates the doors have locked and the alarm is set. If you're positive both remotes are out of the car and you still get three beeps, something is wrong.

Turning this feature off in the Config Menu will only mask a defect needing attention. Besides, it's a nice feature. I keep mine turned off only because I always keep the remote in the car when it's in my (locked) garage. Just the other day I wished the feature was turned on. I'd left my key in the car while shopping. To my horror I discovered this after I'd already went into a store. Luckily, the car was in sight just outside. I have to remember to listen for the single beep.

Sube

Smokin' SRX
03-21-11, 01:39 AM
No "High" alert, only a Low alert. I've read it's a poor 26 lbs. Emergency warning only. Gotta check w/gage to avoid excessive tire wear.

SS

cvettr/cts-v
03-21-11, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the replys, and the second remote was not in the vehicle. It was purposely way out of range. Have reprogrammed and turned off the rke reminder and passive lock as that is the way she wants it. She wants to decide when it should be locked and unlocked. Too bad you can't really turn off the passive unlock, there is a driver door only choice which we selected but that really means any side door the remote is on or the hatch if remote is in the rear. I have verified my findings and testing with the person who teaches all the sales people in the region on cadillac programming. Smokin thanks for the info on the high alert.