: Taking my 05' V into the $tealer for it's 50k service...

Brad1970
03-15-11, 04:09 PM
How bad is this gonna hurt (my wallet)?

The reason I'm taking it to them is:

A) with a service this big I'd like it done by the folks who are supposed to know what all is to be done & it get done (hopefully)

B) I don't have a domestic mechanic at this time (previous BMW owner)

C) Lifetime Power train warranty requires all maintenance be done at Owners Manual EXACT appointed scheduled times & it be done by an ASE cert mechanic (which I am not... yet).

Andringa
03-15-11, 06:02 PM
What are you having done? I have never seen a 50k check list or anything for the V. If you just called and said "I have 50k miles can you service it" I have no idea what they are going to do. There is no way that I would take any car to a dealership with out some idea of what they are checking/replacing and with no idea of cost.

Where did you get a Lifetime Power train warranty from?

Brad1970
03-15-11, 10:16 PM
Your 50k mile service (like all your other service times) is listed in your Owners manual. How have you been keeping up with your service if you don't know this info? Also when the S.A. called back, he listed off everything that was listed under the 50k service in the owners manual, so that's another way I know what is going to be done to my car & the cost.

Lifetime Power train warranty (mywarrantyforever dot comm) came with my car from the Caddy dealership I bought the car from as well as a 60 day 2000 mile warranty.