: Hi Everyone...!

starskraper
10-04-04, 03:14 PM
During a web search, I happened into CadillacForums.com and am very impressed. I quickly became a member and thought I'd take a few minutes to introduce myself.

I purchased my first Cadillac about 4 years ago. It's a '92 Deville and has been a remarkable car. After driving the Deville for a while, I became a big fan of Cadillac. It's hard to drive something so comfortable and dependable and not fall in love..! :bouncy: The Deville had 70K on it when I bought it and now has 150K and is still going strong. My son borrowed (aka. claimed!) the car about a month ago and now uses it at college. The car continues to perform excellently and my son loves all the room for carting friends around.

The one feature of the '92 Deville that drew me into buying a Cadillac was the enormous amount of backseat leg room that it had. Both of my sons are 6'10" and finding a car they are comfortable in is a daunting task. They both fit in the backseat of the Deville just fine. But even beyond the roominess, the Deville has been an amazing vehicle. It convinced me that buying used Cadillacs is the only way to go.

My youngest son, a senior in high school, now drives a '91 Eldorado. What a sweet car..! It had 85K on it when I bought it and now has about 95K. Every time I drive that car, I wonder why the heck my son ended up with it instead of me..! :hmm: The 4.9 purrs like a kitten and the car drives like a dream. If I had the money, I'd watch eBay and buy up every '91 Eldorado that came up..!

I recently purchased a '97 Eldorado (from eBay), which I have claimed as "my car". (lol) I absolutely love the car..! The ride is amazing, the Northstar powerplant can't be beat, and the styling is beautiful. To top it off, the car averages 26 MPG..!!!

I used to be a hard-core new car buyer - but since I've discovered the true value of a good used Cadillac, I can't imagine buying anything else.

Thank you for providing the forums here. I've already garnished several tidbits of helpful information and look forward to becoming more involved in the forums in the future... :welcome:

bmxbiker88
10-04-04, 07:13 PM
welcome to the site. :welcome: Caddys are very remarkable cars. your youngest son must be happy to go to school in his own caddy. its nice to see people finding Eldorado's with that kind of millage on it. Why cant i find them..... :helpless:

Adam
10-05-04, 05:50 PM
welcome to the forum. congrats on your purchase(s). Cadillacs are the best cars around. so you like the leg room in them Devilles huh? ever check out a Fleetwood :D (sorry, Fleetwoods are my favorite) anyway :welcome:

CADDYBLACK99
10-05-04, 08:24 PM
Welcome starskraper!

You know that is not the first time I've heard that story, don't you?
Many here have told that very story themselves (1 or 2 times)! The only thing you didn't say that, but I'm sure you'll agree is ..."Why didn't I do this sooner?" I've had mine for 3 years and love every mile I drive. Good luck with your recent purchases. Sounds like the driveway is filling up with Caddy's (its fun to do and it adds value to the neighborhood! :histeric: ).

Thanks for the kind words, the team appreciates the feedback. Thank you for signing up with us!
:welcome:
Paul

D148L0
10-05-04, 09:08 PM
:welcome:

starskraper
10-06-04, 08:58 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]I couldn't agree more, Paul. A person can spend 4 times the amount (literally) for a new car that doesn't provide anywhere close to the same level of comfort, stlye, performance, and dependability that a good used Cadillac offers. They are a tremendous value.

Like you said, I have no idea why I didn't start buying Cadillacs long ago..!!! :banghead: