: None of my dome lights work in mt 2008 STS

ChrisHall
03-15-11, 07:23 AM
They don't work when I push the button to turn them on and they don't work when I open the door. Front or back.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Chris

SlickCityStan
03-15-11, 03:34 PM
check fuses? On second thought check dimmer/switch on dash.

ChrisHall
03-15-11, 05:12 PM
I checked the fuse and it's OK. I then started car to check dimmer and the lights worked. Kinda. They are flickering like there's a short somewhere.

What next?

Thanks,
Chris

SlickCityStan
03-15-11, 07:23 PM
When the lights flicker could be a number of different causes, frayed or broken wiring loose ground, moisture in a switch, etc. So since you have an '08 I will assume you are still under orginal bumper to bumper warranty Take it to the dealer, electrical problems can be a pain to diagnose.

ChrisHall
03-16-11, 07:16 AM
Past the Bumper to Bumper warranty. 84,000 Km on it. It has a 5 year or 80,000 Km warranty.

ChrisHall
05-25-11, 07:40 AM
Problem solved.

2 weeks ago everything went haywiry. All the dummy lights flashed on and off, then the dome lights worked for a day. Then stopped again. Took car into have things figured out and it turns out there is a connector under driver’s seat that at least 25 wires are terminated into and are bonded into this rectangular plastics end. They cut the end off this part and reattached things together and all is good.

I guess with the seat moving forward and backwards every time I got in and out some wires were damaged.