: Horn Location?

_ike_
03-14-11, 09:07 PM
Do any of you know where the horns are?

I want to put the four note horn in, the four notes are still available from GM ( A,C,D,F). I think this would be easier than doing the trumpet horn option but I might do it in addition.

I was told that the DTS already has two of the notes, they should be marked on the horn housing IIRC. I can't find them to see what they are. I can't see them under the hood and it is raining so I haven't crawled under the car yet to look.

Thanks

HartfordGuy
03-15-11, 05:57 AM
I had thought the same thing. The Caddy horns of the 70s and 80s sounded so much better. Much more commanding.

_ike_
03-16-11, 12:43 AM
From what I've been able to find online the DTS has the A and F note horns. I need to find where they are and if where I can mount the C and D horns and I'll need to build a harness to power them.

TURBO2
05-29-11, 07:35 PM
Do any of you know where the horns are?

I want to put the four note horn in, the four notes are still available from GM ( A,C,D,F). I think this would be easier than doing the trumpet horn option but I might do it in addition.

I was told that the DTS already has two of the notes, they should be marked on the horn housing IIRC. I can't find them to see what they are. I can't see them under the hood and it is raining so I haven't crawled under the car yet to look.

Thanks

The horns should be underneath the plastic shield on the drivers side. Get under the car, take the shield off and you should see the two horns.