: SRX memory/settings recall issues

riff
03-14-11, 07:00 PM
Hi all, I own a 2010 SRX and have just recently come across an issue that's slowly driving me crazy.

Upon receipt of my vehicle, I was able to exit it, lock the doors via the door handle sensors or the remote control, and whenever I'd get back in all of the recent settings would stay memorized. For example, if I was listening to a CD, it'd stay paused on the track that was playing when I exited the car. I also wouldn't have to go through the navigation warning menu each time and press OK.

What happens now is that almost all of the settings are forgotten. I have to read the Warning screen and press OK each time I enter the vehicle. Not only is the CD track forgotten, the source itself resets for no apparent reason. I can exit while listening to the iPod, get back in and have the radio playing. Or exit with the CD on, and get back in to the AUX screen.

What's more worrying, is that with the time change this weekend, I have updated the clock, but each time I turn the car off, exit, and lock then unlock the vehicle and re-enter, the time resets itself back an hour.

I tried resetting the navigation/radio system to factory defaults - to no avail.

This is also now happening to other memory settings in the vehicle. Just this morning, I got in and the chair position wasn't remembered. I held down the button for my memorized settings (1) and ended up with an entirely new position that neither my wife nor I ever used. It's the 3rd time this month that the seating memory has been lost.

Am I going crazy, or is there something I'm missing that could help without going in for a service call?

stevec5375
03-14-11, 09:00 PM
I had a problem with the radio where it would not remember the last station I had playing but would always revert back to Fav 1. I had to have my Nav/Radio unit replaced.

cam30era
03-15-11, 07:26 AM
This is also now happening to other memory settings in the vehicle. Just this morning, I got in and the chair position wasn't remembered. I held down the button for my memorized settings (1) and ended up with an entirely new position that neither my wife nor I ever used. It's the 3rd time this month that the seating memory has been lost.

Am I going crazy, or is there something I'm missing that could help without going in for a service call?

There is a long thread about SRX seat memory loss. Go here > http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/209888-loss-memory-drivers-seat.html

sube5186
03-15-11, 10:17 AM
OK, it looks like you're dealing with two separate issues here. The is controlled by a separate computer module. The radio needs to be reprogrammed. As mentioned in a previous thread, there have been issues with the memory seat remembering a position. I've experienced this myself. First, they reprogrammed the module. That didn't help. Then, they replaced the module and updated the software. That was better, but memory position #2 would be lost after a few days, sometimes weeks. Just recently they informed me that there was a brand new software update to fix this. I had that update performed two weeks ago. So far, so good.

Sube

riff
03-16-11, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll schedule a service appointment and have them address both of the issues. Crossing my fingers that both will be ironed out in short order, because they're both extremely irritating.

I must confess, my 2004 SRX never had any major annoyances, aside from one recall regarding the ignition.

Marc NY
03-17-11, 12:04 PM
... What happens now is that almost all of the settings are forgotten. I have to read the Warning screen and press OK each time I enter the vehicle. Not only is the CD track forgotten, the source itself resets for no apparent reason. I can exit while listening to the iPod, get back in and have the radio playing. Or exit with the CD on, and get back in to the AUX screen.

What's more worrying, is that with the time change this weekend, I have updated the clock, but each time I turn the car off, exit, and lock then unlock the vehicle and re-enter, the time resets itself back an hour.

I tried resetting the navigation/radio system to factory defaults - to no avail.
Am I going crazy, or is there something I'm missing that could help without going in for a service call?You may need to have your Nav/Radio re programed or replaced.

BTW: My daughter's 2010 Equniox has the same issues and will have to go in for a service visit also.

etexlady
03-17-11, 01:35 PM
Interesting, just today I walked out the door to go to work and the garage door (garage not attached to house) raised about halfway up and stopped. I had not touched the remote. Before I could walk the few feet to the garage door it started closing. I stuck my foot in line with the motion sensor and the door reversed and raised up completely...got in the car and pressed the remote to close it. No problem. Went on to work. Now at lunch I parked the car in the driveway and walked to the mailbox. By the time I got back to the car, the garage door was raising. Again I didn't touch the button in the car or the garage remote. Strange.

stevec5375
03-17-11, 03:52 PM
Interesting, just today I walked out the door to go to work and the garage door (garage not attached to house) raised about halfway up and stopped. I had not touched the remote. Before I could walk the few feet to the garage door it started closing. I stuck my foot in line with the motion sensor and the door reversed and raised up completely...got in the car and pressed the remote to close it. No problem. Went on to work. Now at lunch I parked the car in the driveway and walked to the mailbox. By the time I got back to the car, the garage door was raising. Again I didn't touch the button in the car or the garage remote. Strange.

Were you wearing any kind of jewelry or carrying a purse? The reason I ask is because metal rubbing together can produce high-pitched sound waves much like a remote and cause strange things like this to happen. For example, when I was a kid, I had a metal wrist bracelet that was the fad at the time. I could stand in the kitchen in our house and shake my wrist and the TV would change channels. This was back when TVs used a high-frequency remote before IR (infrared) remotes existed. Garage door openers and the SRX remotes are frequency remotes.

riff
03-19-11, 11:48 AM
Good news/bad news update on my original post.

Took the SRX for service on Thursday morning, it was ready by Friday afternoon.

The seat memory module was replaced as per a bulletin on the topic.
Also had the power steering bracket recall issue addressed.

The radio was reprogrammed, however it was done incorrectly as all of the buttons now perform a different function (ie: press INFO and it takes you to DESTINATION screen). Because I picked the car up on Friday evening, the radio cannot be reprogrammed correctly until Monday. Annoying that they didn't catch the issue, since ALL of the buttons are wrongly mapped, any check up would have caught the mistake. I guess they reprogrammed it and assumed all was well.

I'm going in on Monday morning to get it reprogrammed again, and was told it should take no more than an hour.

sube5186
03-19-11, 12:30 PM
The radio was reprogrammed, however it was done incorrectly as all of the buttons now perform a different function.

Yes, it sounds like they didn't bother to test the radio after re-flashing the software.

Your profile doesn't say what model/year SRX you have. If yours is a 2010 with fog lights, there's another recall that may be due. It makes the high beams inoperable while the fog lights are on. If the high beams are on and you turn on the fog lights, the high beams should automatically switch to low beams.

Sube

riff
03-21-11, 11:18 PM
I finally got the SRX back in full working condition today. The radio was thoroughly tested this time, and everything seems to work as it should. Whew... Anyhow, I was told that the radio losing information/settings and the seat memory module are both known issues and have bulletins that illustrate proper fixes. Don't hesitate to take yours in if you experience similar issues.

I do have the 2010... I had the original 2004 model, but traded it in after 4 years. Haven't used the fog lights much, but if the recall comes through I'll get the fix just in case.

sube5186
03-22-11, 03:21 PM
Haven't used the fog lights much, but if the recall comes through I'll get the fix just in case.

Don't hold your breath waiting for anything in the mail about the fog lights. I got a call from GM telling me about it. They said I should get something in the mail, but I never did. The best thing to do is test it yourself. If the high beams and fog lights are operable simultaneously, then you need the fix.

Sube

gtedford1
03-28-11, 05:41 PM
Hi all, I own a 2010 SRX and have just recently come across an issue that's slowly driving me crazy.

Upon receipt of my vehicle, I was able to exit it, lock the doors via the door handle sensors or the remote control, and whenever I'd get back in all of the recent settings would stay memorized. For example, if I was listening to a CD, it'd stay paused on the track that was playing when I exited the car. I also wouldn't have to go through the navigation warning menu each time and press OK.

What happens now is that almost all of the settings are forgotten. I have to read the Warning screen and press OK each time I enter the vehicle. Not only is the CD track forgotten, the source itself resets for no apparent reason. I can exit while listening to the iPod, get back in and have the radio playing. Or exit with the CD on, and get back in to the AUX screen.

My Wife and I have made at least a dozen trips to dealers in the past year for mostly the memory seat problem but also had the Park sensor quit, the NAV not finding address (we carry our old GARMIN to find addresses then type them into the Caddy NAV), backup camera didn't work a couple of times, and temperature control quit working for a day.

What really annoys me is that the service people said on different occasions it was operator error. We even drove directly to the dealer one day when it quit the same day we got it back for the memory seat problem. They said if it quits, bring it in without resetting the seat. They still didn't figure it out.

Like you other folks that commented that this little thing tends to wear on you. Also, I was told NOBODY has complained about the seats. Maybe we are sensitive, but it is a Cadilac, not a KIA. We expect more.

tlbsrx
11-09-11, 06:11 PM
I have a 2011 SRX just under a year old and for the last 6-7 months we have had take the car in for issues with the navigation system. Does not retain memory on settings for the time, destinations or audio. We just picked up the car for the 4th time to only get back to the office and a few hours later problems returned. System has the most current update available and apparently per our service representative there are 100's out there with the same problem since June but appears from this thread is has been going on a whole longer. Has anyone had a permanant solution? Love the car but becoming very annoyed with navigation system not functioning the way it needs to be. Most of the time the car does not recognize the right state it is in. Have to repeatedly re-enter data for once I turn the car off for longer than 30 minutes or so everything is gone again. Sometimes it does not even take that long. About ready to look into Lemon Law options - that is how frustrating it has become.

stevec5375
11-09-11, 06:22 PM
I have a 2011 SRX just under a year old and for the last 6-7 months we have had take the car in for issues with the navigation system. Does not retain memory on settings for the time, destinations or audio. We just picked up the car for the 4th time to only get back to the office and a few hours later problems returned. System has the most current update available and apparently per our service representative there are 100's out there with the same problem since June but appears from this thread is has been going on a whole longer. Has anyone had a permanant solution? Love the car but becoming very annoyed with navigation system not functioning the way it needs to be. Most of the time the car does not recognize the right state it is in. Have to repeatedly re-enter data for once I turn the car off for longer than 30 minutes or so everything is gone again. Sometimes it does not even take that long. About ready to look into Lemon Law options - that is how frustrating it has become.

Since you didn't give the details of what exactly is wrong with your Nav AND since you don't list the trim level in your profile, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess in an attempt to help you out.

I would imagine the 30 minutes you speak of is more like 10 which is the RAP (Reserved Accessory Power) period. That's when the radio and power windows no longer work after you turn off the car.

I had a problem where it would forget the state that I had last entered into the Nav and the radio would not remember my last station selection but always come back on to preset one. They replaced the entire Radio/Nav unit but the idiots forgot to program it with the latest software update. So I ended up back in there with the same problem and that's when they finally admitted they failed to do the software update on the new radio/nav unit.

There is a huge thread on this board about this but I'm pressed for time and can't for search it out right now. But if you're having the same problem that I think you are, it has happened to a lot of people and is fixable. Mine is finally working flawlessly.

Black SRX Perf
05-29-12, 12:10 PM
I had a problem with the radio where it would not remember the last station I had playing but would always revert back to Fav 1. I had to have my Nav/Radio unit replaced.
I just started having this problem on my 2010. Is replacement the solution or can it be reprogrammed/re-flashed?