: What happended to whos online at bottom of page

ThumperPup
03-14-11, 12:08 PM
what happened to the who is online at bottom of page how many guests how many members

i noticed it went away 2 days ago i think

Lord Cadillac
03-16-11, 05:14 PM
This went away with forum optimization as well. It was another server/database/resource hog. All these options I've been removing are ones I like - but are not worth slowing down the site. Besides, the most important part of a forum is reading/posting messages. If we can't do that, none of the other stuff is worth anything...

RippyPartsDept
03-16-11, 06:23 PM
is that list possibly available still on demand? (just not on every load of the main page?)

it would be nice to have a link to get that info if needed (i use it usually to find a mod who is online at the moment)

Lord Cadillac
03-16-11, 06:39 PM
I wish there was a way but it's either on or off....

RippyPartsDept
03-16-11, 11:23 PM
C'est la vie

ThumperPup
03-16-11, 11:27 PM
maybe a link that goes to the Staff memebrs profile and names and it would have a colum list of Admins Mods and so on and so on
and it will show next to there name if they are online
this might help for those who need them

Submariner409
03-17-11, 12:02 AM
Who really gives a flying damn about who's "online" - if you read threads and post info it quickly becomes obvious who's available in your interest areas.

The Birthday section was fun, but not really necessary - again, if most members would do a complete profile it would become obvious (again) who was 17 and who was 71.

Streamline the site - the diehards are here for the duration: count on it.

Stingroo
03-17-11, 03:42 AM
Who really gives a flying damn about who's "online" - if you read threads and post info it quickly becomes obvious who's available in your interest areas.

The Birthday section was fun, but not really necessary - again, if most members would do a complete profile it would become obvious (again) who was 17 and who was 71.

Streamline the site - the diehards are here for the duration: count on it.

Aw man, don't I at least count as an exception to that? :lol:

Lord Cadillac
03-17-11, 10:41 AM
Near the bottom of the forum homepage, click "View Cadillac Forum Leaders". It'll bring you here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showgroups.php

That'll show you which of the staff is online (as long as they're not blocking the fact - which you wouldn't see them in the Who's Online area then either). So this functionality does still exist.. I knew this but I wanted to verify that it worked first. When I looked yesterday, no staff was online (or at least not blocking).

RippyPartsDept
03-17-11, 10:59 AM
thank Sal... I forgot about that ... I knew it was available but could never remember how to get to it and I guess I just figured that it was disabled or removed

Ranger
03-17-11, 01:00 PM
It would be helpful if that page could show what forum(s) each Mod is responsible for.

JimmyH
03-18-11, 12:12 AM
what happened to the main forum index showing each forum's moderator? you had it there at one point. then it disappeared.

still shows at the bottom of each forum index.

but I agree with Ranger.

Lord Cadillac
03-18-11, 10:14 AM
I can't edit the page to add the forums that each moderate moderates... There's an option to add a column to the forum front page but it was removed a long time ago to reduce clutter..