: Does anyone know which side of master cylinder goes to which wheels... 00 Deville

jimsbox
03-14-11, 05:35 AM
I am trying to find out if my rear brakes are plumbed correctly. My understanding is the Lt front and Rt rear should both come off the front half of the master cylinder and the Rt front and Lt rear off the back half of the master cylinder is this correct. I gravity bled my Rt rear until the fluid dropped lower (in the front half of the reservoir). I believe it is correct but there is some question that the rear lines may be crossed.

johnny kannapo
03-15-11, 12:05 PM
The primary master cyl. piston is closest to the firewall the secondary piston being stacked if front of it pointing forward.

If you have 4 lines at the master cyl. you have a diagonal circuit -one front & the opposite rear one circuit. The other lines being its opposite. Many FWD's have this diagonal configuration.

I believe our caddy's have a front/rear split traditional system at the master cyl. found on most rear wheel drive cars. The frt & rear supply pressure to the EBCM that distributes a proportioned supply to the individual wheel brakes as many other inputs are processed by the various chassis controlers. There is a lot going on in time span of milliseconds.

This brake system is everything but traditional.

johnny kannapo
03-17-11, 08:23 PM
Allow me to correct myself... This is a diagonal system the forward port suppling the RT. front & LF rear and the rear port suppling the LF front & RT. rear calipers.

This link has a the complete brake circuit. -Page 215

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-suspension.pdf

jimsbox
03-18-11, 01:09 AM
Thanks Johnny, that is what I was afraid of, when I bled the right rear, the front reservoir was the one that was draining so the lines are not hooked up correctly. Guess I will have to switch them this weekend.

Take care.

Jim