: Just picked up new V

rednumbers
03-14-11, 03:18 AM
Spur of the moment decision and traded my MB in for a new 2011 Black Raven CTS V. Car is pretty loaded but probably more than I like but thats what the dealer had.

So the car has many a bunch of pluses but some negatives also. Tough coming from a MB e63 to a Caddy. The power is great, car handles surprisingly well and the interior looks pretty nice

So my problems are

Making phone calls in the car. Seems like a pain the as$. My iphone phonebook won't down load and I guess I sm suppose to input all my numbers myself. Also, the voice recognization is junk and works half the time. Is anybody else having some major issues with the phone system. Is there any other way to make a phone call

Gas milegage is pretty bad, I average 220 a tank on my E63 and was used to that but didn't think the V would be worst off. I am driving the car pretty hard since I just got it yesterday

I guess i have a new forum to lurk on,

cbloveday
03-14-11, 08:25 AM
Congrats, yes I find the bluetooth labor intensive as well. Outgoing calls are a pain. Perhaps someone who uses the feature constantly will post up.

One thing you can do is to get a tune which will improve the gas mileage as long as you keep the foot off the floor, which is difficult.

The tune will also improve the shifting. I use Jesse of Wait4meperformance. He is a vendor here.

wfo
03-14-11, 01:08 PM
Other than the gas mileage (curtousy of the behemoth animal under your hood) and the Iphone phone-book let down.

Was it really a tough move to the V, and are the E63's that good?

thebigjimsho
03-15-11, 01:09 AM
Welcome! The E63 is a gorgeous machine with a great engine. You just decided to jump in another one...