: New V owner

CDV
03-13-11, 11:09 PM
After 18 months of searching autotrader and ebay, stalking this forum on a semi-weekly basis turned out to be the reason I am now the proud owner of an '09 V sedan (silver, manual, recaros, sunroof delete, 12k miles, aftermarket intake and exhaust, April '09 in-service date).

Forum member "backup" posted a couple months ago that he would be interested in selling his V for the right price. We agreed on a price at the end of February, and I flew to Indianapolis to meet him and check out the car. It was (and even after the trip from Indy to Dallas, still is) to my relatively untrained eye in immaculate condition, so I made the trip over Saturday and Sunday and now have a V parked in my garage. Dorky as it may seem, I'm still pinching myself each time I see the car there.

A big thanks to backup for picking me up at the Indy airport and making the transaction as smooth as possible. Jason, you took great care of that car for two years, and I will do my best to make sure it remains in great shape.

Oh, and even though this isn't the exhaust thread, I would add after spending 1,000 miles with the B&B exhaust that I can understand why some may find the increased noise levels to be somewhat intrusive, but to me at this point they are well worth the trade off for the fabulous sound under hard acceleration.

CDV

oneman42
03-13-11, 11:13 PM
Congratulations! Ho much did you pay?
Thanks,
George
gcoman@telus.net

Tedboss1
03-14-11, 09:31 AM
Congrats.
You will love the car.
I'm waiting for snow to melt so I can enjoy the V again.

backup
03-14-11, 11:50 AM
Congrats! Glad you had a safe trip home. I am very happy the car is going to an enthusiast owner who will appreciate it as much as I did. Best all around car I have ever owned, and I believe the best car ever made from Detroit. Post some pics if you get a chance, maybe that will keep me from missing the car so much!

jb_bgg
03-14-11, 12:07 PM
Congrats! Please drop me an email jb_bgg at yahoo dot com. Have a couple questions and can't PM here yet. Thank you.