: Steering Issue?

Greg Goatcher
03-13-11, 11:35 PM
Hello to all! I'm back with the second generation V (2011 Coupe).

So far, most everything is great except for one thing. When pulling into a parking place (or any sharp turn) the steering dies not feel right. It feels like the car (tires) wants to go forward instead of turning smooth. It happens if you turn left or right. Any ideas?

e6t
03-14-11, 01:48 AM
Wait until you back out of a spot when it's cold outside!

Kadonny
03-14-11, 10:16 AM
That was my first question. What is your temperature outside? When really cold outside with the PS2s on, the front wheels when turning sharply want to chatter or seem like they are sliding. That goes away with winter tires or when the temperatures rise.

khoeysr
03-14-11, 06:01 PM
That was my first question. What is your temperature outside? When really cold outside with the PS2s on, the front wheels when turning sharply want to chatter or seem like they are sliding. That goes away with winter tires or when the temperatures rise.

I am in agreement. Those PS2's get cranky when it's not summer in the city.

nradcad
03-14-11, 10:48 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but....

I just noticed (peculiarly enough, just back from the dealer....again) that my steering wheel is at a slight tilt when I'm going straight down the road. Prolly say around 2-3 degrees. I don't think it's been like this, but whose to say I suppose. Anyone else have not perfectly straight steering wheels for going straight down the road?

GAGS-V2
03-15-11, 12:03 AM
I am in agreement. Those PS2's get cranky when it's not summer in the city.

Hmm, any chance of low power steering fluid?