: Decent Price for a used 2009 ?

njdevilz1
03-13-11, 08:31 PM
I am currently looking at purchasing a used 09.
I am from canada and have been looking in the US as our dollar is good right now and asking prices in Canada are beyond crazy.

So far , the best deal I have found is $45,000 for a fully loaded (Recaro / suede shifter/steering wheel / auto / nav / etc.) 09 with 35k miles.

I do not want to "miss out" on this particular car but at the same time , I am wondering if this is a decent price , or if I am better off waiting for a better deal to come along. My only worry is so far , any car worth dealing on is usually sold within a week or so of being listed. That and with the limited production numbers of V's , it is not like that many come available that often.

Also , recently I was put in contact with a fellow who is able to purchase vehicles from GM auctions in the US . I do not know if I should give him the opportunity to track something down for me as I have no clue if he will be bale ot find one any cheaper or not .Or do I act on this one I currently have been dealing on for the $45,000? I am just worried I might kick myself in the arse for letting a good deal pass me by , and may be looking for months to find another deal as good as that one.

Would a person be able to snag a 09 for less than $45,000 at a GM auction??

newcadman
03-13-11, 10:17 PM
I am currently looking at purchasing a used 09.
I am from canada and have been looking in the US as our dollar is good right now and asking prices in Canada are beyond crazy.
So far , the best deal I have found is $45,000 for a fully loaded (Recaro / suede shifter/steering wheel / auto / nav / etc.) 09

Is the $45,000 deal with a Canadian or U.S. dealership? Are you sure they won't go any lower considering the mileage?

Would a person be able to snag a 09 for less than $45,000 at a GM auction??

FWIW, I would be surprised if a person couldn't get an 09 at a GM auction for less than $45,000, especially with comparable mileage.

CDV
03-13-11, 10:57 PM
I've been surfing the market for a used '09 V for the better part of the last 18 months, but I was only looking for a manual transmission, so the prices were generally higher as used manual Vs were much rarer on autotrader/ebay/etc.

That being said, the only parts about the car that you mentioned that would concern me about paying $45k are the 35k miles and the auto transmission. In the US, used auto transmission Vs are much more plentiful, so I would think for one with that "many" miles in two years the price would be in $43k or so. Just a guestimation on my part, though.

oneman42
03-13-11, 11:00 PM
Hello Devil! This is George in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I will be in the market for one in about two months.
Being a Canadian too I will throw in my .02 cents:
1. If you really want that car you for it. I don't know your location but at the bordure you will pay 5% tax GST + another 7% your provincial tax.
2. Automatic - add another $2000 for gas guzzler tax.
3. There is a 52k manual MT in BC so I think you can set your threshold at 50k with no hard feelings.
4. If the dealer really wants to move the car he has several options:
a. No Recaros, automatic, mileage up to 15-25k, good shape 43 k will move the car in about a week
b. No Recaros, automatic, mileage up to 15-25k, bad shape under 40k will move the car in about a week
c. Recaros, automatic, mileage up to 15-25k, good shape 45-47k will move the car in about a 2 months
d. Recaros, manual, mileage up to 15-25k, good shape 49-50k will move the car in about 1 month
e. Depending on your color preference you might end up paying 50k plus Canadian taxes
All of the above took me several months through eBay relisting and Aurotrader check every day.
Good luck,
George

Wannago
03-13-11, 11:45 PM
Still no luck finding anything yet George?

oneman42
03-14-11, 09:56 AM
Still no luck finding anything yet George?
Funding issues. I don't want to end up sleeping in the car. I am probably two months away.
Thanks,
George

kyle's v
03-14-11, 10:03 AM
I shopped around for a few months before I jumped on a deal. I got an 09' crystal red all options with 20k miles (certified) for a touch under 49k OTD.

IMHO the one with 35k miles shouldn't turn you away its not the end of the world that it has a few miles on it. You could possibly squeek another $1,000-1,500 out of them.

My wife and I personally wanted white but the crystal red was are second choice. I had to do something I was getting close to loosing 3k worth of sales tax credit from selling a truck.

69clunkmaro
03-14-11, 01:19 PM
A few weeks ago I purchased an 09 CTS-V Blk/Blk, Manual, all options pana sunroof, navi, etc. except Recaro 16k miles paid $45k. I was looking at used prices since the first day this car hit the market. Little to none available in the beginning but recently the lowest price I've seen an 09 go for was $43k with about 36k miles locally and even lower sometimes on eBay. I tend to stay away from eBay, i like to drive, see, feel, touch the car in person. What i've seen mostly is in the $48k-50k for a super clean well kept one. $45k sounds like a fair deal in my opinion for your car in question. Hope this helps.

RLJ676
03-14-11, 06:54 PM
If it's in good shape that is definitely a fair deal. You could pay less for a car w/out Recaro's, but not for one with most likely.

There's a chance you could find a car w/10K less miles for close in price, but if you have a specific color combo you want those odds are very slim.

I bought mine w/ 34K miles on it, and I'm pretty sure I'm enjoying it as much as someone who bought w/ 20K miles.....or 0 miles.

Mystical_Ice
03-14-11, 07:03 PM
A few weeks ago I purchased an 09 CTS-V Blk/Blk, Manual, all options pana sunroof, navi, etc. except Recaro 16k miles paid $45k. I was looking at used prices since the first day this car hit the market. Little to none available in the beginning but recently the lowest price I've seen an 09 go for was $43k with about 36k miles locally and even lower sometimes on eBay. I tend to stay away from eBay, i like to drive, see, feel, touch the car in person. What i've seen mostly is in the $48k-50k for a super clean well kept one. $45k sounds like a fair deal in my opinion for your car in question. Hope this helps.

Wow that is awesome. I'm getting ready to buy my 09 Blk/Blk, Auto, all options INCLUDING recaros, but for $49,000... and i thought i was getting an awesome deal...

oneman42
03-14-11, 08:55 PM
Wow that is awesome. I'm getting ready to buy my 09 Blk/Blk, Auto, all options INCLUDING recaros, but for $49,000... and i thought i was getting an awesome deal...

True, but you got the Recaros too...
George