: Insurance

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 05:57 PM
Ok so some of you know my seville was involved in a hit an run a few weeks ago the day before the fuel pump went out

So get the fuel pump replace runs good as new again start right up no hesitation nothing

ok so i go to the body shop
the next day drop her off
a week latter they call me say your seville is ready
i go to pick her up
i see the exterior window trim was bent and also the plastic rubber that goes around it was cracked and peeling away
they said oh that happens during R&I they said we have to order another part for that will take a few day sot come in but wanted to get you back in your car
Insurance calls me saying they are not going to pay for it because it happened during a procedure that the body shop did not ahave to do
they could have taped it off to paint the door and would have been fine
they said it is something the body shops Eror and omissions insurance policy would cover body shop says no its not cause it happened during the R&I so long story short
I called dad told him what was going on
He told me right away call another insurance company start a new policy drop my current insurance company
so i did i called state farm got a policy started up threw a agent
called Esurnace to cancel policy by the time i got esurance back on the phone dad attorney called me to ask some question i didn't know waht was going on he said dad is having both the Insruance Company served with Arbitration paperwork and the Body shop served with Neglect and body damage when in there custody
ok

so in the mean time yesterday State farm agent called and said
state farm ended up turning me down cause i had to many speeding tickets
i had 2 speeding tickets and no turn on red ticket lol
guess they are low risk ppl ok
so then i called Progressive who i used to be with untill about 7 years ago

Esurance also gave me my Renewal rate a month ago of 2900 for 3 cars and 12 months full coverage 500 deductible on all 3

Progressive gave me a rate of 1061 dollars for 6 months for the same coverage on the same 3 cars so i save almost 900 dollars a year awesome
but they also put me with this think they called a Snap shot type thing
it hooks into the on board computer and monitors the way i drive
they said i can pull it out when car is being worked on scanner or something needs to be hooked up but when its not it has to be plugged in so ill get them for sure on 2 cars not sure if i am going to put it on the caddy if i do then ill just take it off when i want to hit the road and have fun and hope they don'[t
notice

so i was wondering

anyone ever heard of this snap shot thing progressive wants me to hook up to the car
they said depending on my driving it could save me up to 30% off my rate after 30 days of driving depending on how i drive

so anyone ever heard of this ?

also i wanted to get one of those readers that hook up to the OBD2 that tells you temps and other things
but if i have this plugged in there i can't have that
is there any splitters that could be made or that are made that i can get so i can hook up both at the same time or is it going to be 1 or the other ?

OffThaHorseCEO
03-13-11, 06:02 PM
damn i thought you had esurance by the balls?

The way they gave you trouble this time, over something thats there from the FACTORY, you still expect them to cover your wheels stereo, custom paint, mudflaps etc etc?

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:12 PM
damn i thought you had esurance by the balls?

The way they gave you trouble this time, over something thats there from the FACTORY, you still expect them to cover your wheels stereo, custom paint, mudflaps etc etc?

Well they wanted to totale the car out due to 2000 in damage saying the ACV actual cash value and fair market value with my miles and vehicle was 3500
how ever when i hit them with the faxes to show the 4000 on the engine and 2000 on the tranny just recently in the past 6 months
and then pictures of the GPS unit so they would know have to give me that also if they totaled out not parts but they would have to pay for them
no wheels on the car not till spring just factory but still
there was the 3500 for the car minutes my 500 deductible then there was half the engine so another 2000 then half the transmission so another 1000
on engine and transmissions rebuilds or replacements they have to pay half of the value ppl should know this incase they do work and dont want to because they are afraid the car might get totaled
then they would have taken 750 for the navi unit
so all of that would have added up to about 7250 - 500 so 6700 they would have had to given me a check for
so they rather spend the 2000 for the repair
i did have them by the ball's so to speek lol

so take that

OffThaHorseCEO
03-13-11, 06:30 PM
Just as an FYI, I used to sell Nationwide insurance. I know for a fact this is BS by Nationwides standards. If Esurance covers that stuff, then they are losing craploads of money.

And also, just so you know, what youre saying is not something thats mandated by law, at least not in NC. While I wasnt an adjustor and didnt handle claims on a daily basis, i did have to know what was and wasnt covered, and engine work ISNT covered. Also, even if they did take the engine work into consideration, it wouldnt be like youre describing. A vehicle with an engine with xxxx miles is worth slightly less than a vehicle with a fresh engine rebuild at xx miles. they dont just take the cost of the work and split it in half. So, while the value of the car AFTER the engine work might be taken into consideration, the COST of the engine work wouldnt.

Either youre bluffing or your state has crazy crazy insurance laws

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:40 PM
Just as an FYI, I used to sell Nationwide insurance. I know for a fact this is BS by Nationwides standards. If Esurance covers that stuff, then they are losing craploads of money.

And also, just so you know, what youre saying is not something thats mandated by law, at least not in NC. While I wasnt an adjustor and didnt handle claims on a daily basis, i did have to know what was and wasnt covered, and engine work ISNT covered. Also, even if they did take the engine work into consideration, it wouldnt be like youre describing. A vehicle with an engine with xxxx miles is worth slightly less than a vehicle with a fresh engine rebuild at xx miles. they dont just take the cost of the work and split it in half. So, while the value of the car AFTER the engine work might be taken into consideration, the COST of the engine work wouldnt.

Either youre bluffing or your state has crazy crazy insurance laws

tell you what get on the phone try to call some insurance claim reps here in ohio or that handle ohio insurance tomorrow and you can find out for yourself

but they tak the vair market value what the cars are selling for so if i 2000 with 130k is selling for 4 grand and a 2000 with 200k is selling for 3000 and there is a another 2000 selling for 3500 with about around the same miles then they will give you that
they also pay for engine full rebuild or replacments
they wont pay for head gasket issues they wont pay for bottom end rebuilds or regulare matnance but they do and will pay for new engines or rebuilds
they also will pay for new tranmisions or rebuilds
and if you put a used engine or a used tranmision in they will pay half of the price of the part not the labor

so maybe you need to get back into seeing what goes on
i know that Both Progressive and Esurance do this
cause they did it when they totaled out my Lincoln in 2004 it was 2 weeks after putting a used engine in spend 1500 on the motor and 800 on the labor
they had to take 750 and add that onto the final totale out price of the vehicle and paid me for that
also they they took the 1200 of the Avind N series at the time gps paid me that
and then 1500 is what they paid me for my rims at the time
also another 500 is what they paid me for tires since the tires where 2 months old
maybe its just soething in your area you don;'t know about but
you should call and find out for yourself before saying i am full of it man

i have delt with insurance companies on over 4 cars that have been totaled out that where mind 3 that where stolen and all had custome equipment

i don't buy insurance form private agents atleast the state farm was the only time i had to
i only buy directly from the insruance company and i ask all my questions up front
they record there calls so if they need to check on things and hear if there rep said one thing and they say something els they can record it thats how i got into a rental car 3 years ago after adding my Jimmy back onto the policy
there was an acident they said i never added the rental car reinbursment
so they where not going to pay they had to look up in the tapes and call history and see the employee didnt add it on properly

i know what im talking about so get your facts str8 man

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:42 PM
oh also i wouldnt touch nationwide for the life of me
i wouldnt even think of gieco and safe auto screw them
lol

state farm i heard from the body shop is the best ones they deal with because they just say fix it if a part goes bad 90% of the time they dont evne go out to inspect the car just take the body shops word for it and look at pictures

but state farm didnt want to cover me so i decided id go back to the only one i ever had good luck with
the reason i left progressive was cause 7 years ago after totaling out the lincoln
they raised my policy to 3000 for the year for 1 car with full coverage and one car with just liability
i went to esurance and got full coverage on both cars for 1900 for the year

only thing i don't like about progressive anymore is they only do 6 month policys in ohio now not 12

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=OffThaHorseCEO;2525970

Either youre bluffing or your state has crazy crazy insurance laws[/QUOTE]

also every state does have different laws

there are about 12 states that mandate the INS company to have to cover windshields under a 0 deductible
not not comprehensive
but to bad ohio is not one of them its a Comp coverage item in the state of ohio wich sucks so i had to spend 228 on a new windshields where if i live din MN i think that was one of the states i would have got my windshield replaced for 0

OffThaHorseCEO
03-13-11, 06:47 PM
you like to say you dont buy from private agents. that makes no difference on whats covered or not.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:52 PM
you like to say you dont buy from private agents. that makes no difference on whats covered or not.

your right it makes no difrance how ever
what does make a difrance is
i can talk directly to the insurance company to find out what is covered for sure
have my calls recorded
everything i need go directly to the insurance company not threw an agent
speek with a claim rep before purchase
i got my bases covered i always do
just something my dad thought me
I don't like speaking with private agents because they just want to make the sale get there commission and will tell you what ever it takes that they are allowed to say leagly without getting in trouble
then when you need yoru coverage you find out that it does not cover something thats why i don't deal with private agents they suck

also another tibit of information
not sure how other states are but i found out the hard way
in PA if someones vehicle is stolen or driven without the owners or insured policy holders consent and accident is caused then there insurance doe snot have to pay a dime
its all on yours

some kid was driving there grandpas van in 09 backed into my car
and did not have his grandpas permission to drive so my insurance had to pay for it

i think his insruance company was Ecompass encompass i forget

OffThaHorseCEO
03-13-11, 07:01 PM
your right it makes no difrance how ever
what does make a difrance is
i can talk directly to the insurance company to find out what is covered for sure
have my calls recorded
everything i need go directly to the insurance company not threw an agent
speek with a claim rep before purchase
i got my bases covered i always do
just something my dad thought me
I don't like speaking with private agents because they just want to make the sale get there commission and will tell you what ever it takes that they are allowed to say leagly without getting in trouble
then when you need yoru coverage you find out that it does not cover something thats why i don't deal with private agents they suck

also another tibit of information
not sure how other states are but i found out the hard way
in PA if someones vehicle is stolen or driven without the owners or insured policy holders consent and accident is caused then there insurance doe snot have to pay a dime
its all on yours

some kid was driving there grandpas van in 09 backed into my car
and did not have his grandpas permission to drive so my insurance had to pay for it

i think his insruance company was Ecompass encompass i forget

In NC the coverage follows the car regardless of the driver
If the car for some reason is uninsured, then the drivers insurance will step in. If neither the car nor driver are insured, then your Uninsured Motorist coverage will step in. Your insurance company will pay everything but $100, then they will sue the driver and vehicle owner until they get their money back.

If you ask an agent all the questions you say you ask your insurance company, theres no reason you shouldnt get the same level of protection.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 07:23 PM
In NC the coverage follows the car regardless of the driver
If the car for some reason is uninsured, then the drivers insurance will step in. If neither the car nor driver are insured, then your Uninsured Motorist coverage will step in. Your insurance company will pay everything but $100, then they will sue the driver and vehicle owner until they get their money back.

With this in Ohio what my Insurance did was Sew the Driver of the vehicle but since the grandfather said the Son was not driving with permission and showed the Cops a fake license he was in jail for 6 months
i know the insurance is trying to get money i think they sewed and nothing collected yet

If you ask an agent all the questions you say you ask your insurance company, theres no reason you shouldnt get the same level of protection.

I have had Bad Experience with Private Insurance Agents
the agency would say and do anything to get the sale and commission and contract and well that ruined it for me i tried to give it a shot again
told the agent i had the speeding tickets and the no turn on red tiket and 2 not at fault accidents ask her if she was shure they would cover me she was happy to take my credit card number charge it for my Payment and all
and then call me back Friday and tell me that state farm Declined me as a customer for having to many tickets

so there goes my faith in agents again

There also is a Guy here in Cleveland i heard over the news a few weeks back when we had the worst flood ever at least in the last year
he owns a shop called north coast exotics its not a dealer just a service shop
he only works on Jag's Rolls Bentley Rang Rover Land Rover Ferrari's Lamborghini and other exotics he wont touch a Mercedes or any other German cars he calls them Taxis
this was on the news

he bought insruance from a private agent agent said his insurance covered flood damage
when it bought it he made sure the agent new he would have around 1 million in customer property and cars at any given time in his shop
then there is all the equipment to work on them
asked the agent this is all covered right
agent said yup you have flood insruance and all

well turned out agent was full of it just wanted the sale
yeah flood insurance covered structural damage to the building and property but not the vehicles that did not belong to him

so guess what now i bet you can guess
its not good

OffThaHorseCEO
03-14-11, 01:35 AM
Well in your situation the agent was trying to help you out. Sometimes infractions will fly under the radar and you get a better rate.

In the case of the exotic car guy, if he had paperwork showing what the agent told him, he could file a claim under the agents errors and omissions insurance. That insurance is in place to cover the agent if he/she screws up.

Want to know why most agents know their job well enough to not screw up? The deductible is 2500 and if the loss is big enough, the agent can lose his or her insurance license

Sent from my Dell Streak

OffThaHorseCEO
03-14-11, 01:36 AM
But apparently you know everything there is to know about insurance, im not mad because you know everything, ill just drop it

ThumperPup
03-14-11, 01:46 AM
But apparently you know everything there is to know about insurance, im not mad because you know everything, ill just drop it

yo when did i ever say i know everything about insruance i never said that and i don't claim to know that
how ever it seems as if you think you know everything since you worked for an insruance company but then you contradicted yourself when you said you don't know what laws other states have or something like that
so maybe you know everything also right ?

what i know is what i ask and what i find out
because i ask the questions and i get answer str8 from the person

anyone with the eror and omissions policy will try to get out of it by not saying this or sayign they said this and not that

or by saying well it was not there problem it was someone elses problem

this is what i ran into with the window trim new it would cost about 700 dollars is what the body shop was saying but thats after they mark and jack up the price
but that was when they thout the insurance was going to pay for it
but im not dealing with that body shop anymore
and not dealing with that insruance anymore either

im just going to stick with the ones i know and the ones i trust only reason i ever left Progressive was because the rates just got so darn hi and that was my fault cause i was getting tikets left and right suspensions every left and right driving under suspension DUI ones in my life Wrecked more cars then one should ever wreck in there lifestyle during a 3 year period with them so they jsut kept rasing and rasing well i learned and well now finally im down to where i can get insurance cheap again

only reason i even brought this up was because i wanted to find out if anyone knew anyting about the snap shot things that progressive has to hook into the OBD2 system

and here you go turning the hole thread into crap after first post

ThumperPup
03-14-11, 11:45 AM
sicne i seem to not know everything about insurance and its my job to know everything i need to know when it comes to my car
i decided to go to one of progressives Concierge CLaim offices in Cleveland today and asked them about it
they said well what its called is Stated Value Insurance they work difrant then Esurance esurance would pay half the cost of what i spend to have a Engine or Tranny rebuilt and the cost of what it would cost to replace the rims with similare if not the same

what progressive does is stated value insurance
where if i have custom parts They have me bring in reciptes showing what i had doen detailing it was they then give me the option to have stated value insurance policy pay extra on the primiume and if the car gets into a accident or totaled out
they have to pay the state value of the policy so if the car is only worth 4000 but then i put 10000 in custom parts then i take it have it araised are stated value then i pay that primume and if the car is deemed a total loss they have to pay me the exact price that the apraisale was and what i have been paying primume on

so for anyone who is thinking about this this is good to know add to your records to make sure to have this doen before doing custom work

also with the Engine and Transmission what Progressive does is they look for the car that has the lower miles they said if you put a New Engine in the Car or new tranny in the car
what they do first is look for the cars with the curent miles on that car so if my ride reads 200k but the engine was replacied at 190 so thats only 10k
they iethere tryin to find the price of the car that has the lower miles on it if they cant find it then they have a company they go threw wich apraises and adds what it is