: windshield wipers quit

torogt
03-13-11, 01:37 PM
My wife just came back from the city, said the wipers quit found the 7.5 amp fuse blown for the switch. Is the wiper motor going bad? maybe the switch or just a blown fuse. I put a new fuse and every works so far.

CTBB
03-13-11, 01:52 PM
Is it possible the wipers were frozen to the windshield, or covered with enough snow/ice that the motor became overloaded, blowing the fuse? I know my Princess sometimes leaves out details such as this when explaining new scratches and bruises on her car. :helpless:

Ooops! Just re-read your post and see you had to replace the switch fuse. Didn't know there was a separate fuse for the switch.

Glenn

ddalder
03-13-11, 02:23 PM
The wiper module is supplied through a 30A fuse. The 7.5A fuse you replaced is inline with the wiper/washer switch and provides signalling to the wiper module. It may be a problem with the switch, or wiring. It's also possible a problem could exist in the wiper module causing excessive current flow through the wiper switch circuit.

torogt
03-14-11, 08:09 AM
I did find out that the wipers were frozen on the windshield, hopefully that was the cause!

ddalder
03-14-11, 07:35 PM
Hopefully that's the problem. I'm surprised that with the wipers frozen to the glass that the 30A fuse wasn't the one that blew.

ddalder
03-14-11, 07:36 PM
Hopefully that's the problem. I'm surprised that with the wipers frozen to the glass that the 30A fuse wasn't the one that blew instead of the 7.5 accessory fuse.