: Rotating My Tires

mcline86
03-13-11, 12:53 PM
Id like to rotate my tires today or soon. I did find the info on how to reset the TPMS for the tires after rotating them. I am still unsure about a couple things here.

1) Do i need to completly lift all 4 tires off the ground or can i do the drivers side tires and then lower the car and do the passanger 2? (i saw some people talking about bending metal under there while lifting the car a certain way)

2) If i read correctly i dont NEED pucks for the jack stands? as long as i get it in the spot that is made for lifting the car from?

and 3) i couldnt find the TQ for the lugnuts on here, il check the owners manual but if anyone knows it thatd be cool...........thanks yalll

Aurora40
03-13-11, 01:13 PM
You don't have to lift all 4, but you'll certainly need to lift 2 unless you have an extra wheel/tire to use.

I've yet to use pucks, though I do use wood when jacking the car. You don't "have" to put the car on stands to swap wheels. You will not be getting under the car.

Torque is 100 ft-lbs.

mcline86
03-15-11, 06:23 PM
il try the wood, hopefully nothing gets bent. thanks dude

mstrjon32
03-15-11, 07:35 PM
All of the jack points on my car were already bent when I bought it...so it's one less thing for me to stress about. The only time you see them is when you're lining up the car on the lift anyway, so I don't really care.

JimmyH
03-15-11, 10:50 PM
I have yet to own a car where I did not bend one or more pinch points :lol:

do you guys really use a torque wrench on your wheels? In 20 years I have never used one.

repenttokyo
03-16-11, 03:18 PM
I have yet to own a car where I did not bend one or more pinch points :lol:

do you guys really use a torque wrench on your wheels? In 20 years I have never used one.

I used one on my V this past fall putting on my winter wheels, and i snapped two lugs. This was with the torque set to 100 lbs!

I also use it on my track car, so I don't die at speed.