: Question... How do you remove plastic trim at base of recaros?

cbloveday
03-13-11, 08:51 AM
I would like to remove the plastic trim at the base of the recaros.
Once removed, I plan to spray some a silicone based lubication on the track and bolts.

I would like to lube everything possible and determine if my squeek is coming from the internal parts of the seat or the mounting points.

I also plan to apply a leather conditioner at all contact points where the leather and plastic meet.

Has anyone removed the trim and what is the process?

e6t
03-13-11, 11:57 AM
So, how did you take off the trim?

Tuna
03-15-11, 10:32 AM
never mind

cbloveday
03-15-11, 11:07 AM
I did not remove the trim but would still like to know how.

I got a lithium grease gun with a flexible line and applied it to where the seat rail attaches to the floor pan at the front of each rail. All I had to remove is the plastic cover at the base of the rail.

I would still like to remove the large recaro plastic piece at the base of the seat and do some more lubing.

Any one?

MReiland
03-15-11, 12:55 PM
OK, let's see.... The clips on the front of the track are shown in the service manual as Front Seat Inner Adjuster Front Track Finish Cover and says to literally slide cover forward toward the firewall to disengage the retainers. I can PM you on removing the Recarro side plate.

cbloveday
03-15-11, 03:19 PM
Matt,

If it is not too much trouble, a pm would be great!.

Regrettably, I do not have a service manual.

I was thrilled when I found the source of my main creak and it went away with a little lubrication.
There is another minor groan that I would like to hit with grease as well.

These pics show where I removed the front track/rail cover. I hit it with lithium grease where the metal meets the floor.
It creaked with the slightest movement.

I still need to figure out how to remove the large plastic pieces that surround the recaro seats.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0914.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/DSC_0913.jpg