: What happened to the "Top" and Forum Jump buttons?

hueterm
03-12-11, 10:10 PM
???

Scrolling up is getting old...

Ranger
03-12-11, 10:28 PM
I asked the same thing in this thread.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/224311-unread-read-threads-not-displaying-properly.html

Lord Cadillac
03-13-11, 12:26 PM
Forum "jump" is gone for good. It was too server intensive. It'll never be back as long as we're using vBulletin.

There's another "top" link at the bottom of the page on the right side - in the blue navigation bar. Take a quick look. Worst case scenario, you can always click the "home" button on your keyboard (for Mac anyway - I forget what the Windows version is) and be taken back to the top of the page...

RippyPartsDept
03-13-11, 11:09 PM
home and end buttons on the keyboard are useful... i often hit home to click on one of the links in the header or end to jump to the bottom of a thread that is 'read' and doesn't have the link to jump to the first unread post

hueterm
03-14-11, 12:55 PM
OK...I see the top link now. I don't really care about this version's forum jump. It was too long of a menu. The previous version was nice, though.

JimmyH
03-14-11, 01:28 PM
Would it not be easier to just bookmark the forum indexes that you frequent? That's what I do.

csbuckn
07-05-11, 06:03 PM
I see the forum jump is gone forever but what about a link to the section you are on at the bottom of the screen. So, instead of "top" at the bottom of the screen, it would say "Site news, feedback, questions and suggestions". Or does that pose the same heavy server load as a "jump" button? The rest of the site works nice for me, even tapatalk.

GMX322V S/C
12-26-11, 11:58 PM
^^^ +1

I would just like to click forward to the current forum's thread listings. Can't you just repeat the breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page as well?

Lord Cadillac
12-27-11, 12:05 PM
Lower breadcrumbs have been added to above the quick reply box...

JimmyH
12-27-11, 12:31 PM
um, this isn't a cooking forum.

MacMuse
12-27-11, 04:55 PM
They aren't seasoned bread crumbs Jimmy. Now get back out there in our new avian forum. ;)

JimmyH
12-29-11, 01:33 PM
this isn't a bird forum either. I wouldn't be here if it was. birds scare me.