: The Panamera Turbo is fast . . .

LitiGATOR
03-12-11, 10:50 PM
There was one at the track last night, bone stock, on street tires. First time down the track, ever and it pulled an 11.3 @ 124. Holy sh!t.

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 10:57 PM
It's all in the launch. From 30 and above it's a driver's race...

LitiGATOR
03-12-11, 10:58 PM
It'a AWD, so much easier to launch than our cars. But that's still an incredible time.

ItsJustMyCaddy
03-13-11, 03:26 AM
I think that trap seems high for a stock one.

newcadman
03-13-11, 09:40 AM
If not mistaken, this particular Porsche now holds the record for the fastest sedan around the Nurburgring track in Germany.

BTW, although not a sedan, the new Nissan GT-R has tested 0-60 times of 2.9 sec. and the 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec., bone stock!

Hey Lit, how did your V run at the track ?

mannyz
03-13-11, 10:15 AM
The Porche's time is not official if I can recall correctly.. There is a certain criteria that needs to be met for an "official" time and they haven't done a re-run.

mberisha
03-13-11, 10:23 AM
I saw one in the wild yesterday while we were convoying back from the Stuttgart CarShow w/the local Vette club....one sexy vehicle.....and the Porsche was too....:lildevil:

http://img003.picture2life.net/11568298/Porsche_and_Vette_document-small_medium.jpg

A Porsche, Vette and a E63 in the wild....you should have seen the E63 driver's head snap when he saw the Vette....didn't even twitch when the Porsche past. Germans aren't very impressed with Porsches probably since they see them everyday....but Vettes and Caddys....wow...

http://img003.picture2life.net/11568300/Porsche_and_Vette_and_E63_original_medium.jpg

JOEYCTS-V
03-13-11, 10:29 AM
Do you mean C63?

DrumStix
03-13-11, 10:31 AM
Hmmm. That would be as fast as the 911T. Bone stock with a tune on that Panamera perhaps. ET is based on torque and traction while mph is indicative of HP. 124 mph equates to 670 WHP on a car and drive comination of 4500 lbs and that doesn't really account weel for the extra drive line loss of the AWD. That car weight almost 200 lbs more than the V and it was not bone stock. I'd imagine he's running 5-6 more lbs of boost though a power box.

mberisha
03-13-11, 10:34 AM
Do you mean C63?

I do....thank you for the correction....

cts-vv
03-13-11, 10:44 AM
99.999% is not stock panemera turbo

mberisha
03-13-11, 10:50 AM
Do you mean C63?

BTW....that pic of the Panamera on the AutoBahn is not of a turbo I believe. I'm pretty sure the Turbos have the script saying turbo next to the Panamera and probably a different exhaust setup and other goodies.

Also...I was pretty surprised to learn at the carshow that Porsche had 5 other models of the Panamera....with one of them being a hybrid with about 400hp and an estimated 40+mpg.....

LitiGATOR
03-13-11, 11:10 AM
I talked to the driver for a long time prior to his run, so maybe he lied when he maintained that it was stock. I didn't run well that night; couldn't hook for crap and only got to run twice. I ran a 12.5 at 122, with a 2.4 60', and was slipping the whole way. I'm buying some drag radials ASAP.

I must admit that I too was shocked when I saw the time. If it's stock, that's the most impressive thing I've ever seen at the track, but maybe he was sandbagging . . .

JOEYCTS-V
03-13-11, 11:27 AM
I've learned to never believe anything people tell you at the track. Everyone's car is always "stock". People are so full of $hit.

Stingroo
03-13-11, 11:32 AM
Regardless, it's still a hideous bloated whale.

Just sayin'.

sybersport
03-13-11, 12:06 PM

Just sayin'.

Lol. Nice. I have to agree - I don't like the look of the Porsche.

newcadman
03-13-11, 12:40 PM

Just sayin'.

Definitely agree with your description. However, aesthetics aside fast is still fast regardless of appearance.

GMX322V S/C
03-13-11, 02:44 PM
If not mistaken, this particular Porsche now holds the record for the fastest sedan around the Nurburgring track in Germany...

It wasn't really "showroom stock." It was equipped with a bolted-in roll cage, which improves torsional rigidity. Probably why Porsche doesn't make a big deal out of it. The V's cage was loose-fit, just for something to attach the safety equipment to.

paul34
03-13-11, 04:30 PM

Just sayin'.

It'll never be fast enough to outrun ugly ;)

RafCon
03-13-11, 04:46 PM
It'll never be fast enough to outrun ugly ;)

It's funny because it's true. ;)

IZCOL
02-10-13, 05:23 PM
I have never taken my Turbo Panamera to the track but I can tell you that the launch mode is very impressive. When the tires are sticky the launch is a bit violent and gets you moving very quickly. It is a big advantage over rear wheel drive cars. I think that the statement is true about these two cars being much closer over 30 MPH. A CTS-V should get a good jump on a Panamera from a rolling start because of the turbo lag. It is better in Sport Plus but in confort mode you can step on the gas and it can take up to a second for the car to downshift and go. This is one reason I am looking into a CTS-V.

Xaqtly
02-11-13, 03:13 AM
The Panamera Turbo doesn't run 124 MPH bone stock, so it's definitely modified. See this direct comparison video. Note that while its E/T is better thanks to having AWD, the trap speed is 2 MPH slower than the CTS-V WAGON. This is why I keep saying the E/T is mostly irrelevant and a function of traction. Trap speed tells the story. Same with 0-60, it's so dependent on traction it's a useless statistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwjWJmQnEaU

baabootoo
02-11-13, 12:30 PM
I'm glad they they didn't include the new E63 AMG wagon or it really would have been a slaughterfest.

quikag
02-11-13, 12:40 PM
The Pana Turbo is very quick, but I have NEVER seen a stock one run 124mph, so it was without a doubt modified somehow. The Pana Turbo S is a closer to 120mph trap and that is the Turbo S model which is banging on the $200k MSRP door.

They launch very hard, but most of them trap in the 115-117mph range stock, so from a highway punch, it's a drivers race. From a dig, the Pana Turbo should take out a V.