: engine cooling fan

jak3336
03-12-11, 05:29 PM
New 2001 catera owner, my engine cooling fan stopped working today. I jumped it to the battery and got the fan running. I read that there are two 30 amp aux fuses under the ecm and you have to pull the ecm to check them. Is this correct and how bad is the ecm to pull? Any help would be great. Thank You in advance

jak3336
03-13-11, 12:17 PM
Problem solved. I do not know what I did but today everything works fine.

hgqguy
03-13-11, 12:22 PM
as a suggestion... the cateras have electrical issues... for no explicable reason.. so if anything acts up.. give it a day or two then check again.. will likely work!

I have found this with my sunroof for one.. and gas gauge... low beam, among a few other small things.

catera00
03-14-11, 08:11 PM
mine did this and finally the fans stopped coming on and caused an over heat situation. Ended up being the coolant temperature switch located in the coolant bridge. (NOT the radiator mounted temperature switches) $25 part at Orielly(Formerly Checker/ Schucks/ Kragen) . Easy to replace (requires plenum and intake removal). Just fyi in case it happens again. My fans also worked when jumpered but would not turn on when the temp went high.

jak3336
03-15-11, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the info..I get worried when the car fixes itself and I don't know when it will happen again.