: Do you belive cops target specific color vehicles ?

ThumperPup
03-12-11, 05:15 PM
so are you one who believes that the police target specific color vehicles
I can say yes i do believe that this is the case
i think you drive around in a shiny red car you have more of a chance to get pulled over then if you drive in a Silver Car

so then why do i want a shiny Red Car because i love the color
and i want it one day
weather i find a new Caddy with the Crimson Pearl or if i decide to have mine painted Crimson pearl
i know that my next vehicle will be in that shade or close to it

so if you believe that cops target shiny specific color cars why do you drive a shiny color car that would get targeting ?

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 05:33 PM
nah i dont think the color of the car matters.

More often the type of car and the way the car is accessorized may matter

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 05:36 PM
:werd:

gary88
03-12-11, 05:40 PM
As someone who drives an arrest-me-red BMW, I can safely say no.

It's how you drive more than anything.

ThumperPup
03-12-11, 05:50 PM
guess maybe its just the area's that i live in and all
cause i see more ppl getting pulled over on the road but maybe it could be assumed to the way they drive there flassy shiny car then the actual color they are

OffThaHorseCEO
03-12-11, 05:58 PM
As someone who drives an arrest-me-red BMW, I can safely say no.

It's how you drive more than anything.

dont you mean resale red?

i dont really like BMW's but i saw your pics in that other thread and reached for my wallet.

ga_etc
03-12-11, 06:09 PM
I don't really buy it. I've had my ETC that's Crimson Pearl for almost 3 years and have only been pulled over once, for speeding, and it was admittedly my fault.

I do think that certain types of cars get paid more attention to by cops though. Muscle cars and modified ricers are definitely a bigger blip on a cop's radar than say my Roadmaster.

V-Eight
03-12-11, 06:13 PM
I don't think they target them more but I'd say a red or yellow sporty car would get noticed a lot more than a silver model.

orconn
03-12-11, 06:19 PM
Out of ll the cars I've had, fully half of them have been bright red (like Gary88's BMW) and I have never had a ticket driving any of them. I also don't think they pick on certain brands or types of cars; my red cars were Jags, a Lamborghini 350 GT, an Alfa 164 and a VW Scirocco .... all attention getters and not a single ticket among them. The few tickets I have gotten were in grey or black sedans. I think it has much more to do with how you are driving!

jordan00escalade
03-12-11, 06:23 PM
thump the same thing crossed my mind when i read the post topic *red cars*, but when i seen how those policemen whipped rodney king... I swore I'd never buy a white hyundai.

billc83
03-12-11, 07:48 PM
Cops don't target specific color vehicles. Cops may target specific color drivers. :duck:

Stingroo
03-12-11, 07:52 PM
Color? No.

Type? You bet.

Me for example. Large red wagon. I've never even got a look by a cop. Ever. And I speed - freely and openly so. But I bet if I were in a Corvette, it'd be another story entirely. I was with my friend in his Civic hatch a few weeks ago, which is silver, and he got pulled over for going 73 in a 65. This is a road where I normally travel 85+ three times a week for work.

The cop let him off with a warning because he was scared shitless though, and he made up a story about being late for a music rehearsal (good thing his cello was in the back.... LOL).

CIWS
03-12-11, 08:56 PM
Type over color.

Stingroo
03-12-11, 09:00 PM
over color

Now what?

jordan00escalade
03-12-11, 10:15 PM
I get pulled over a lot.. Then again I have no front plates, front windows tinted, rims and I was usually the only car on the road in ATHERTON of all places at midnight lol. and not to mention a police station was across the street from my place of employment for 9 years.. I know for a fact that some law enforcers PROFILE, but I don't make it any easier for the lol. Most of my tickets haven't counted as points against my L's thank goodness.. Fix it tickets or infractions ie loud music or something..

Stingroo
03-12-11, 10:18 PM
Why the heck would you ride without front plates in a state that requires them? This makes no sense to me.

greencadillacmatt
03-12-11, 10:21 PM
^this

Jesda
03-12-11, 10:21 PM
Cops liked to come up behind and stalk me in the bright blue Crossfire. In any other car they tend to leave me alone. I think the Crossfire's monster spoiler and loud exhaust had more to do with it than anything.

Jesda
03-12-11, 10:23 PM
Why the heck would you ride without front plates in a state that requires them? This makes no sense to me.

It ruins the appearance of a lot of cars. I keep the Seville's front plate in the trunk. The Saab, however, has a flat and wide front bumper so it doesn't detract from anything.

Here in Missouri, they don't care. We don't have toll roads that might need to see them in case of violations, and you only get ticketed for a missing front plate if you're driving like a douche or piss off the cop.

Stingroo
03-12-11, 10:25 PM
I don't think I'd give a damn, I'd put it on to avoid the tickets. lol

Another good thing about Florida :thumbsup:

Playdrv4me
03-12-11, 10:27 PM
Texas is supposedly anal about front plates but since the 'lade is registered in KS it doesn't have one. Even then, I've never had a cop circle back around or anything if I approach them from the front. In fact, the plate mount is there, there's literally just nothing in it.

gary88
03-12-11, 10:28 PM

I've been doing so for almost two years now, no ticket and no holes in my bumper :2thumbs:

jordan00escalade
03-12-11, 10:28 PM
on the explorer and the acura I had front plates.. even on the 2000 escalade. but the 06 got a brand new bumper and I just left it that way. I got the DTS in showroom condition and he didn't bother putting on the plates but he gave it to me with boxes of other stuff.. I just left everything the way it was. I didn't actually go out of my way, and I don't really think it's a really big deal. it's just a fix it ticket.

Aron9000
03-13-11, 01:22 AM
I'd put a front plate on that Escalade since there is an actual spot moulded into the bumper for it. Doesn't affect the way it looks IMO. I have a vanity plate on the front of my Caddy, because it already had a front plate mount on it. Some older cars like mine with the big chrome bumpers and vertical bump stops on the front bumper just scream for a plate to be there, even if your state doesn't require it.

Playdrv4me
03-13-11, 01:27 AM
I'd put a front plate on that Escalade since there is an actual spot moulded into the bumper for it. Doesn't affect the way it looks IMO. I have a vanity plate on the front of my Caddy, because it already had a front plate mount on it. Some older cars like mine with the big chrome bumpers and vertical bump stops on the front bumper just scream for a plate to be there, even if your state doesn't require it.

Oh I wouldn't mind putting one there, but Kansas is too cheap to give you both! So I'll put some Cadillac thing there.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 01:42 AM
i drove for 16 years with no front plates in Ohio and just last yeaer in the fall was the first time i ever got tiketed for no front plate ever since then i put the damm plate on the front

they only tiketed me for that because they where pist of that they couldnt give me a DUI in a check point cause i was sober more sober then the freaking cops where lol
Parma Hts cops suck i hope on of you are reading this lol

DouglasJRizzo
03-13-11, 10:14 AM
I can't speak for anyone but me, but when I first moved back to my hometown, which is a very expensive place to live, I had a vibrant red 92 Chevy Caprice wagon with a large dent in the right quarter. I was CONSTANTLY getting stopped. When It died, I bought a silver cavalier that was straight and clean. They don't even look twice.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 11:24 AM
i know if you drive around on the highway or ohio turnpike in a big ass waggon
and they see you they going to pull your butt over before they go after the guy in the yellow ferrari lol

no seriously i see them pulling these ppl in waggons and old mini vans over all the time pulling out all there stuff searching them thinking they are drug runners

Stingroo
03-13-11, 11:33 AM
Jokes on the cop in that case. Can't search me without a warrant - don't give a shit what your badge says.

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 11:42 AM
Jokes on the cop in that case. Can't search me without a warrant - don't give a shit what your badge says.

you better believe weather its at 2am on Sunday morning or
3pm on wens day afternoon
doesn't matter what day or time it is
if its the Troopers in ohio and you say no to there search you going to be sitting there for hours whyll they keep you in custody and get a judge to write a warrant for search lol

i was on my way to a rave 11pm at nite about 10 years back
they wanted to search
said nope not without a warrant
they held me there for 2 hours in the back seat of the cop car whyll they got a warrant
didn't find anything but then they where all pist of i said you know you ruined my nite i missed my rave but it was all worth it seeing your faces when you learned you wasted ur freaking time lol
then i said god forbid anything happened to someone els on the road like a drunk driver when you could have been watching for them instead of harassing me and u better believe im going to be listening to the noose and if something did happen im going to contact them and let them know they have a liability against the cops that should have been watching for that drunk driver accident

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-13-11, 11:55 AM
It's not the color of the car that'll get the police's attention, it's the sort of car.

Take for example an objective comparison, a bright red Camry and a silver Corvette. Which one'll get the police's attention, provided they're both driven by the same person? The Corvette, always will.

Front license plates are mandated in MN, but not in WI. I'm a little envious of our eastern neighbors.

drewsdeville
03-13-11, 03:07 PM
Front license plates are mandated in MN, but not in WI. I'm a little envious of our eastern neighbors.

No, front plates are required here as well, unfortunately.

EDIT: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/plateguide/related/validation.htm

OffThaHorseCEO
03-13-11, 04:35 PM

only problem is, the same douche cops who want to search innocent people because of the way they or their car look, find ways around the warrant.

all they gotta do is say something looks suspicious and get in without a warrant due to probable cause. For example, i had a pair of vise grips on the floor board of my RMS once and got pulled, they asked to search me, i declined (i was clean, i dont mess with ANYTHING). I said, "ive got all night i hope you do, you'll need a warrant if you want to search". They went on and on about how i thought they were profiling but they were just doing their job, i replied "i never said anything about profiling, i just said you cant get in without a warrant" and we went back and forth, finally they hit me with the probable cause because they saw the vise grips in my backseat and had reason to suspect i may have been breaking into homes in the area. I called bullshit but called my buddy who worked with a lawyer, he said its true just let them search if youre clean.

Finally let them in and they were aggravated when they found nothing haha

ThumperPup
03-13-11, 06:00 PM
only problem is, the same douche cops who want to search innocent people because of the way they or their car look, find ways around the warrant.

all they gotta do is say something looks suspicious and get in without a warrant due to probable cause. For example, i had a pair of vise grips on the floor board of my RMS once and got pulled, they asked to search me, i declined (i was clean, i dont mess with ANYTHING). I said, "ive got all night i hope you do, you'll need a warrant if you want to search". They went on and on about how i thought they were profiling but they were just doing their job, i replied "i never said anything about profiling, i just said you cant get in without a warrant" and we went back and forth, finally they hit me with the probable cause because they saw the vise grips in my backseat and had reason to suspect i may have been breaking into homes in the area. I called bullshit but called my buddy who worked with a lawyer, he said its true just let them search if youre clean.

Finally let them in and they were aggravated when they found nothing haha

where there really houses in the area that where being or had been broken into recently ?
if not
then i would have sewed the city for police harassment and over use of power

The-Dullahan
03-15-11, 02:20 AM
Well, they target anything that stands out. Now a RED car stands out more than say, a white car. This also effects your insurance. Black is an all-around common colour and people may not notice you, but then again, I am specifically targeted all the time, so just try to blend in. That should work.

CollinM
03-15-11, 07:31 AM
Hey,
I think this may be true. If you have a neutral colored car (white, grey, black, dark colors) they're not so eye catching as bright, shiny ones. Also, they are more common.

So yes, I think cops target specific color vehicles. Maybe unconsciously, maybe not, but I think they do.