: New Noise

SRXCool
03-12-11, 10:44 AM
I have a 2010 AWD Performance, 3.0 engine, with 23000 miles. A new noise has developed, coming from the front - sounds like I've replaced the regular tires with an agressive tread snow tire: grrrrrr. Does this at all temperatues, sound goes up and down with increasing and decreasing speed. Reminds me of a bad wheel bearing noise. Anybody else experience this?

Smokin' SRX
03-12-11, 10:56 AM
I have same sled. No noise.

Do an immediate visual inspection. Could be tire tread seperation or bearing, as you say. Any tire shop/GM Dealer will do it free, usually! Tell them it's a SAFETY concern! Do not drive like this until checked.

Good luck!

SS

cam30era
03-12-11, 11:19 AM
I agree with Smokin'. You definitely need a visual inspection. From your description, it could also be uneven tire tread wear, from a front end alignment problem. Might want to check tread wear and if it looks cupped or feathered, take it in for an alignment. Have you been rotating your tires per the prescribed mileage?

SRXCool
03-12-11, 01:17 PM
Thanks SS and cam30era. Yes, tires rotated per specs. I will have a more careful look, and will head to dealer Monday.