: I just traded my RX350 for an SRX!! did I make a good choice?

brendajm
03-12-11, 09:28 AM
I have driven lexus suvs for the last 8 years, my 2004 lexus needed the hood painted and had 87000 miles on it. It ran great and has served me well. I was looking to upgrade to an 08 Lexus,, went to look at afew and they were not different then the 04 that I had. My hubby wanted to stop and look that the SRX, I said heck no, I dont want no Cadillac, but curiousity got the best of me so we stopped and checked them out. I really liked the new body style. They only had new ones on the lot at 40000 and up so I said no way, we had a budget and got to stick to it. I was looking to trade my Lexus and add about 14000 cash to upgrade to an 08 lexus. But I started looking online and found a 2010 SRX luxury . I negotiated it down to 30000 and with my lexus and 15000 I got the car. I am now hoping I made a good deal. I love it. It only had 20000 miles and 4 stone chips,, which they are fixing for me,, very tiny chips. My hubby took that ugly license plate bracket off. I love the hands free calling feature. I got the car well within my budget but I do kinda miss the Lexus. I read good and bad about the SRX . So far I have only driven it twice but it is very nice. I am still trying to get used to the blind areas in it,, much different then the RX330.. Anything I should know about my new car? any tips for me? Did I get on ok deal???? thanks..

Smokin' SRX
03-12-11, 10:48 AM
Welcome! Ya done great! You will no longer be mistaken for a Subaru, a Honda, a Mitsubishi and a VW ! LOL . Also people won't be afraid to stand in front of you as you park and drive.
I assuming you bought from Dealer as you say "they" are repairing some chips. Did you run a Car Fax (or similar?) All Dealers must give some kinda Warranty period. This is a good sled but some here have had issues. DRIVE it and check everything soon. Have any noises,software issues (like A/C or radio) acting strange documented ASAP. I hope it was a Caddy Dealer as some issues need a software re-flash and I doubt other dealer brands can accomplish, but mine never needed any!

If you read this Forum bear in mind that Forums attract complaints & probs by their very nature. (also quite a few solutions from our astute members!) But the search box will be very helpful on specifics or just browse past pages.

Biggest complaints included "noise" from front end. You woulda heard it on test drive if it was 30* F or colder outside. (seems to vanish above this temp) Also "booming" noise from under car. This is gas tank design that allows a sloshing noise at certain fill levels, only at parking speeds. I for one find it normal, when it does occur. There are 2-3 Recalls that should be checked. Call/go to a Caddy Dealer with your VIN # (from reg.) and see if their records show if any was done. Not ALL 2010's needed them.

Best wishes and prepare to turn heads! :-)

SS

PS...............if you could post your model/options and geo location in PROFILE, it helps with queries............

brendajm
03-12-11, 03:57 PM
Hi, I didnt buy from a cadillac dealer, why would that matter? I took my lexus to any lexus dealership to get work done without any problems. It would still be under
warrany anyway so any dealership should do warranty work shouldnt they? Well I was just out cleaning it up and I noticed that there are two missing chrome strips,, WTH? both are the ones in front of the mirror at the bottom? I cannot believe chrome strips would be missing in the exact same spot, I have never had strips fall off a car. Now I got to get with the dealer to order new ones. and they black plastic body moulding is gray looking in spots instead of black.. yikes.. My hubbys truck had all the black fade on it and it looks crappy, is this a gmc problem? I do like it,, just pointing these things out incase it happened to someone else here.

algiorda
03-12-11, 04:25 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal. I haven't had One issue with my 2010 SRX which I purchased in July 2010 (knock wood). It is running great!

Best of luck with your new ride, you'll loved it!

Ponyman
03-12-11, 06:41 PM
The chrome strips were a very common issue on 2010's. Get with a dealer and they will order the entire molding for both sides and replace them.

brendajm
03-12-11, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I will do that on Monday.. My dh was driving it today and he loves it..

pastohio
03-13-11, 01:38 PM
Do you know the history....the rental car companies are using the SRX for a premium upgrade and about 20K miles are when they are dumped....the luxury package is nice but the next level adds so much more ...my $.02

smiley47
03-13-11, 02:07 PM
Hi, I didnt buy from a cadillac dealer, why would that matter? I took my lexus to any lexus dealership to get work done without any problems. It would still be under
warrany anyway so any dealership should do warranty work shouldnt they? Well I was just out cleaning it up and I noticed that there are two missing chrome strips,, WTH? both are the ones in front of the mirror at the bottom? I cannot believe chrome strips would be missing in the exact same spot, I have never had strips fall off a car. Now I got to get with the dealer to order new ones. and they black plastic body moulding is gray looking in spots instead of black.. yikes.. My hubbys truck had all the black fade on it and it looks crappy, is this a gmc problem? I do like it,, just pointing these things out incase it happened to someone else here.

Since many of us had the chrome strip problem, most dealers keep them in stock. It's a quick fix and while you're there have them run all the software codes to be sure your's has all the updates. They'll also get the VIN registered in your name. It should have had the 15,000 service but the dealership can tell you for sure. Get set up with OnStar to download monthly maintenance status to your email address. Unless that gets changed it will still go to the old owner.
To resolve the black plastic gray spot issue, try some Meguiare's Supreme Shine Protectant Wipes. Works better than Armour-All. I apply it after about every 10 car washes and it always stays looking great.

BTW- We came out of a Lexus RX350 and are very happy with our SRX. Good luck!!

cooncat
03-13-11, 02:19 PM
If you need any warranty work, you should only take it to a Cadillac dealer. I know this because I asked my service advisor if they could take care of any warranty items on my friend's 2010 Vette and he said he couldn't, only Chevy could do the work.

Congrats on the purchase of the SRX and I hope you have many, many carefree and enjoyable miles on your purchase.

I highly suggest you have the car certified at some point. That warranty is better than the GMPP.

brendajm
03-13-11, 04:21 PM
Thanks for all your replies,, just when I thought I had the car all figured out, I screwed up the tire monitoring system!! I am so mad, my dh checked all the tires to make sure they were all inflated at the right pressure and when I checked the monitor it said one tire was still at 33, so me not reading here first went and pushed the relearn button, now it says it needs serviced? Please tell me this is an easy fix we can do ourselves...
This history of the car is it is a one owner car, an elderly couple bought it but the wife didnt like it,, she thought it was too big, so they traded it on a small hyundai suv ,, the dealership had to give them the car and money,, weird deal,, I actually got to meet her, so I know it was for real.ha.
Now,, what to do with that monitoring system....

brendajm
03-13-11, 06:18 PM
update, I read the manual and we got the monitoring system working again!! Back to loving it.. now to get those darn strips put on before anyone else notices.. ugh..

c5 rv
03-13-11, 08:06 PM
You would have had to opt for a 2010 RX350 to get the new body style that is different than your 04 RX330. I hope you enjoy your SRX as much as you did you RX.

stevec5375
03-13-11, 09:28 PM
update, I read the manual and we got the monitoring system working again!! Back to loving it.. now to get those darn strips put on before anyone else notices.. ugh..

We love people who read the manual before asking questions. :)

tc2010
03-13-11, 11:41 PM
Congratulations, sounds like an excellent buy and think you will really enjoy the car....On the faded black trim, it would be very unusual to have a permanent fade on a new car. That said try this: Before the next wash spray all the black trim with Lemon Pledge (you heard right), let sit a few minutes and then wash the entire car with a good car wash soap. Should this fail to correct the fade, Mother's Back-to-Black is a time-proven remedy. Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber #40 and Aerospace Protectant #303 are also proven to restore the black....The last three are applied after the wash is completed.

brendajm
03-14-11, 06:06 AM
thanks for the Pledge tip, I will try that this weekend.. Now I am trying to decide if I should try Onstar, not really sure I need it my dh is pressing me to do it.. The doctors where I work will see it for the first time today, I am in for heaps of verbal abuse..ha.. One doctor drives a 20 year old mustang,the other a toyota tundra. They were always telling me they were not going to give me anymore raises since I had a lexus, wait till they see this SRX!!