: Lug nuts

mrl859
03-11-11, 04:43 PM
Does anyone know the specs on a lug nut for a 2011 CTS-V Coupe? I think they are m14 x 1.5 with a 60 degree cone seat and about an inch and a half long. Can anyone confirm this? Also, what is the torque spec?

Low_ET
03-12-11, 08:16 AM
The torque spec from the service manual is 140 ft-lb. There was a Technical Service Bulletin to torque to 158 ft-lb to eliminate the "wheel clicking" issue.

The studs are M14x1.5 but I don't know about the cone angle.

mrl859
03-12-11, 08:29 AM
Thanks. I ordered two sets of McGard part # 24214. It's insane that Cadillac only offers a 150.00 plus complete set for the SRX and , depending on who you ask, either offers the same set or no set at all for the V. The McGard lock sets will cost about 30 dollars each, as it should be. I'll post how they work and fit. To an earlier poster, considering I have no plans of any dealer pulling a wheel ever, their use of impact wrenches is not a concern. Any good dealer would use a torque stick anyhow, which should minimize damage. I've had McGard locks on everything I've owned, since before the invention of dirt, with no problems.

tedcmiller
03-12-11, 11:14 PM
One version of Gorilla wheel locks have a rotating ring that helps prevent the removal of the wheel lock with Channel Locks or other similar pliers. I would recommend them.

GM-4-LIFE
03-13-11, 12:33 AM
I would really like to find a set of black lugnuts for the V Coupe. I can't believe GM put chrome lugnuts on the Satin Graphite Wheels. If anyone finds a set of black lugnuts for the V Coupe, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

TrimThis
03-13-11, 08:37 PM
Gorilla 66148BCM

GM-4-LIFE
03-13-11, 09:21 PM
THANK YOU! I will order a set up ASAP!

GM-4-LIFE
03-13-11, 09:28 PM
I just placed my order from: http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR66148BCM-20.htm

Cheapest place I found. I hope they fit without any issues.

tedcmiller
03-13-11, 11:54 PM
Interesting. I could not find 66148 on the Gorilla web site. I put 61641s on my 2009 CTS-V because they have the rotating ring, are the correct thread size, have the correct conical base, and are only about 0.1 in. longer than the stock nuts. 66148BCM are available from other dealers, but they are not wheel locks and are black.

elphil
03-18-11, 08:53 PM
Received a set late today. Put on one wheel set to see how they will look. I'll put the rest on tomorrow. They look very good, but the finish is subject to nicks and scratches. They were packed loose in a zip bag.

AAIIIC
03-29-11, 03:03 PM
Received a set late today. Put on one wheel set to see how they will look. I'll put the rest on tomorrow. They look very good, but the finish is subject to nicks and scratches. They were packed loose in a zip bag.
Randomly found this while searching for something else. I had some Gorilla lug nuts in the past and the finish was pretty much garbage. After installing and removing the lug nuts just a couple of times, every single nut had significant chips and flakes. (I do everything by hand, no impact wrench.)

I now have black McGard Splinedrives on both my V and my Mustang. Even after a couple of years on the car, with multiple on-off cycles (winter wheel swaps, brake jobs, track days, etc) the finish is still excellent.

RippyPartsDept
05-08-12, 04:43 PM
so apparently sfxperformance is out of stock and claiming that nobody has these in stock

i need a set for a customer (or to at least point them in the direction of a set) who is getting their chrome wheels powdercoated

anyone have any other sources?

----------

http://www.brandsport.com/grla-66148bcm.html

found them by searching the Gorilla part number (don't know why i didn't think to try that first)

i think i may have got their last set though

but you can search that part number on google or ebay or wherever to find more (they're out there)