: Recaros

Mystical_Ice
03-11-11, 04:08 PM
Pulling the trigger on an 09 V today...

Question though; while Recaros are clearly higher-end seats than the stock V seats, for a guy like me, that's 6'3" and 235lbs, are they really going to be more comfortable?

I spent a long time looking for a V with all the optionsi wanted, including the Recaros, but now i'm just getting cold feet.

Persuade me that if i'm comfortable in the regular V seats, i'll be even more comfortable in the Recaros.... right?

cbloveday
03-11-11, 04:13 PM
6'3" and 235lbs is kinda skrawny. JK

Get the recaros. I am 5'8" 225 and love em.
Thankfully, Cadillac saw fit to offer the CTS-V with a proper pair of thrones. Optional 14-way adjustable Recaros are available at a price ($3,400), and they're worth every penny. The side bolsters can be adjusted to fit the driver's torso to a "T", allowing the person manning the helm to comfortably take advantage of the V's thoroughly revised suspension.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/rec1.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/rec2.jpg

oneman42
03-11-11, 04:21 PM

Question though; while Recaros are clearly higher-end seats than the stock V seats, for a guy like me, that's 6'3" and 235lbs, are they really going to be more comfortable?

I spent a long time looking for a V with all the optionsi wanted, including the Recaros, but now i'm just getting cold feet.

Persuade me that if i'm comfortable in the regular V seats, i'll be even more comfortable in the Recaros.... right?

Congrats! Can you share some details?
Thanks,
George

mannyz
03-11-11, 04:22 PM
^^^ No my friend that weight sounds normal to me so that only means one other thing :P

Kadonny
03-11-11, 06:06 PM
I find the standard seats very comfortable, and I"m 6'2. They won't hold me in place like the recaros under heavy cornering, but how often do I do that? Oh, and my wallet is $3500 heavier too ;)

jrcmlc
03-11-11, 06:41 PM
I drove my wife's V w/ recaros today and I am VERY comfortable in it at 6-1, 245...I have big legs, arms and shoulders and it fits very well. (belly is a bit large too, lol).

Joe

garfin
03-11-11, 07:04 PM
I drove my wife's V w/ recaros today and I am VERY comfortable in it at 6-1, 245...I have big legs, arms and shoulders and it fits very well. (belly is a bit large too, lol).

Joe

Sounds like my dimensions and description!
I also have the Recaros and love them! I appreciate the extra bolster adjustments and what seems to be a firmer seat when compared to the basic seats. Another thing I appreciate is that my seating position is set such that the back of my head actually rests on the headrest. (very comfy!)
The seats are excellent for providing fantastic support during long stints behind the wheel. I can drive the car all day in comfort and arrive not feeling the least bit tired.
I had 5 point harnesses on my Camaro for the track and while the Recaros in the V don't hold you in to the same degree, I found them adequate for use on a road course.
The icing (if you'll pardon the pun) on the cake is the cooling feature on the Recaros - just something to add that little bit of extra comfort.
I vacillated back and forth about whether to order them and I'm glad I did. Not an inexpensive option - but for me, it fits with the character of the car and how I use it.

Best regards,

Elie

Me Wanna A V
03-11-11, 07:22 PM
With all this 225+ lb talk, I gotta think there's either a lot of steroid and HGH injecting going on, or more likely lots of hops, barley, malt, yeast, consumption!!!

All ya fat bastards. :D

garfin
03-11-11, 07:48 PM
All ya fat bastards. :D

That's actually not a bad wine! ;)

Best regards,

Elie

offmango
03-11-11, 10:11 PM
Get the Recaros and set aside a good half-hour to just sitting in the car and getting them adjusted properly. I read a couple reviews from drivers who didn't like them, but having gotten them in my V and spent the time getting them right, I can't imagine not loving them if you've got 'em fitted well.

BOYCHIKS
03-12-11, 01:12 AM
We have the coupe and my dad is about 6'1" and 240/+- a few. He couldn't love them more.

I think you just have to get it set to your comfort settings.

JayC'sV
03-12-11, 01:20 AM

See Fife, told you so. ;-)

Mystical_Ice
03-12-11, 04:08 PM
whatever J - the rule is you have to at least own a V before you can post in this forum ;) jk

cmann_97
03-12-11, 04:40 PM
I'm 5.9 223 and I love the recaros....hell they look awesome too!!!!!

chopmeat
03-12-11, 08:02 PM
IMO those Recaro seats are torture seats, I hate 'em!

JOEYCTS-V
03-12-11, 08:19 PM
I have to agree with chopmeat. It was a very tough decision for me but after driving 2 V's with the recaro's I just couldn't do it.

muohio
03-12-11, 08:39 PM
Had a CTS with and without the Recaros. The standard seats are bad in comparison. Both the girlfriend and would be sore after a long trip. With the Recaros however, that is not the case. Probably the best seats ever in a GM car.

4DOORZR1
03-12-11, 09:34 PM
6' 4" and 215 lbs here.. The Recaros are the ultimate, you just have to spend the time to adjust them for correct support.

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 10:39 PM
Get the Recaros and set aside a good half-hour to just sitting in the car and getting them adjusted properly. I read a couple reviews from drivers who didn't like them, but having gotten them in my V and spent the time getting them right, I can't imagine not loving them if you've got 'em fitted well.
Yep, I truly wonder if the guys that hate them took the time to open everything up and tailor it back in.

I bought my V in San Antonio and drove it straight back to MA. After 3 hours, my back was in pain and I started to panic. I then let everything back out and spent an hour slowly bringing things in, bit by bit. I then was able to drive the next 24 hours in absolute comfort and stability. No shifting in the seat, no fidgeting. The Recaros are ultra-long distance comfortable.

And I am, ahem, a bit more than 235...

Caddyscat
03-13-11, 01:46 AM
Like BIGJim said, take the time to dial them in and you can sit in them forever. The Recaros help define the car. Base seats are wimpy.

nradcad
03-13-11, 01:56 AM
go ahead and get them and I'll trade you for them.

mrl859
03-13-11, 03:24 AM
Just a quick story:I have a GT500 with seats that I thought were fine. When picking up our SRX, I made the mistake of sitting in a V Coupe with the Recaros. In that instant my GT500 become a future memory and the rest is history. Get the Recaros.

thebigjimsho
03-14-11, 10:05 PM
werd.

e6t
03-14-11, 10:09 PM
the recaros are a fatigue free seat.

if you spend any time driving, you know what dead-ass is. with the recaros, no more dead-ass.