: Any V's in OH?

dre2013
03-11-11, 02:43 PM
any cts-v owners in ohio? i'm located in akron and am picking up a clean '05 v on weds, put my deposit on it last night. :yup:

SRTTOCTSV
03-11-11, 10:45 PM
North of Dayton here

ROG
03-12-11, 09:04 AM
Toledo here!

rand49er
03-12-11, 09:15 AM
Hi Roger!

There's also fasciaguy, NUTZ, and several other guys. Had lunch with Dayman (Dayton) at V-Day I a couple of years ago, but he's not been on here in a long time.

tkrn
03-12-11, 09:30 AM
Columbus here from Cleveland so I tend to make the drive up due to family.

kjr6306
03-12-11, 11:20 AM
Cleveland here.

mberisha
03-12-11, 07:11 PM
Born and rasied in Cleveland.......lived on E.55th and Broadway.......right off I-490.......

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 10:32 PM
What does the V own?

dre2013
03-12-11, 10:34 PM
What does the V own?

Mustangs.

mberisha
03-13-11, 08:24 AM
any cts-v owners in ohio? i'm located in akron and am picking up a clean '05 v on weds, put my deposit on it last night. :yup:

BTW...where in Akron are you....my parents live in Brady Lake right next to Kent....

Nutz
03-14-11, 09:35 AM
Just south of Cleveland near Hopkins Airport. :wavehi:

POS VETT
03-14-11, 01:44 PM
I'm in Columbus.

yuronich_b
03-14-11, 06:52 PM
west of cleveland, elyria here!

V-Guy
03-14-11, 07:27 PM
You Ohio guys should drive over for our Indy "V" Meet on April 16. We've already had guys from Cleveland and Dayton commit to attend. We'd love to have you!

Guy

PISNUOFF
03-15-11, 10:19 AM
I live in Canfield, just outside of Youngstown. 40 minutes from Akron.

Cdaddy
03-17-11, 10:06 AM
Northeast of Dayton here. Planning on going to the Indy v meet..

dre2013
03-17-11, 11:26 AM
Wow I had no idea there were so many V owners in OH! I'm in copley, right outside of akron. When is the indy meet? I would like to go. I'd search but this forum sucks to navigate from my phone

Cdaddy
03-17-11, 01:57 PM
Wow I had no idea there were so many V owners in OH! I'm in copley, right outside of akron. When is the indy meet? I would like to go. I'd search but this forum sucks to navigate from my phone

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/219111-indy-v-meet-saturday-april-16-a.html

Mearl
03-17-11, 09:18 PM
Columbus...Hilliard to be exact. I see V's all the time in Columbus. I know they are rare but Columbus seems packed with them...

YoshiV
03-18-11, 07:42 PM

Where you getting it from?

dre2013
03-19-11, 12:20 AM
just got back from the 10hr drive home..i love this car. and i definitely see why everyone says first mod should be a shifter. it has to be the worst shifter ive ever used before lol.

all you ohio guys should come to our Ohio LSX meets. We have a dyno day in columbus at dynotune motorsports on april 23rd. our forum on ls1tech is here: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/groups/ohio-lsx.html join and introduce yourselves! i think i'm the only one in the group with a cts-v currently. (i also have a '00 trans am). the thread for the dyno day is here: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/1382592-2nd-annual-ohio-lsx-spring-dyno-day-april-23rd.html

vmoving
04-01-11, 04:37 PM
Columbus here (Lewis Center actually). Just bought my 2nd V. 06 with 35k.

bhendricks
04-05-11, 09:35 AM
I'm in Bowling Green.

ROG, we should get together some time, I just got my 04 about 3 months ago.

I'm out for the Indy V day, too much going on already.

tkrn
04-20-11, 08:28 PM
Would the Ohio guys be interested in getting together an Ohio Meetup? It would make sense for Columbus which we could pull the Cincinnati fellas and the Cleveland/Akron fellas too.

vmoving
04-20-11, 08:58 PM
Guys, I just sold a 2006 CLS55 Mercedes. Was tired of having a 60k car pmt. So I bought my 2nd V. Check this event I am hosting "Emoving" with some other guys here in Columbus. I already have several Vs coming and you all are invited. It will be alot of Ms and AMGs but there were also P cars, Ferraris, Lambos and a few others last year. I talked to the guys I am doing it with and they are all for having Vs. It is basically a huge rare car event. The Vs are welcome. Check it out http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/383732-timmayfest-bmw-mb-1-4-mile-event-june-10th.html

Nutz
04-20-11, 09:00 PM
I attempted it last year, with a great deal of things to do like a car show, a tour of Corsa, Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, vendor sponsorship, and a host hotel with a conference room, bar, in-house Italian restaurant, and free shuttle to Hopkins Airport and only 1 V showed up. If this ever gets momentum I would be glad to host it here, but so far zero enthusiasm and little or no participation. I arrange two fairly large events yearly with great results and helped start the LX and beyond Nationals and would be glad to help out in the Cadillac area. There are many car events that draw big crowds to Cleveland every year that we could merge with, and there is also a great opportunity to create a "Cadillac Owners Conference" here based on location, attractions, and accessibility. I also know the Bader family that owns Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk) drag strip, and rent the track annually. Corsa has significant sponsorship with Mid-Ohio too. We will see I guess.

tkrn
04-20-11, 09:48 PM
Nutz, if you need a set of hands to help you let me know. I'll give you my number through a PM and contact info, and if there is momentum to get things going. I'd be happy to help any way possible. My guess for a first one, is to keep cost minimal so that if it's a bust no one is out too much money or time/effort. A simple parking lot at a place at a bar/grill would suffice to basically make it a meet-n-greet. I am glad to hear that Corsa has been very helpful. I too personally know people at the top of Corsa. From the sounds of it, I'd say you're in the Cleveland Aftermarket arena ;-) You're not an ex-Gasket employee are you?

Nutz
04-20-11, 10:01 PM
Nope. Just a regular guy that either drinks or parks at car shows and sits in folding chairs with a great bunch of guys bitten by the car bug. Thanks for the offer to help. Like I said, it takes enthusiasm, something that's not in abundance here.

tkrn
04-20-11, 10:19 PM
What shows you have planned to sit at in the Cleveland area? I'll have to swing on by and meet you.

Nutz
04-20-11, 10:44 PM
A big one is Father's day. About 500 cars at the German/American Hall on Rt.252 just south of I-480 in North Olmsted then everybody picks up around 2:00 and moves to downtown Berea for the season's kick off of a weekly cruise-in. I'm either there with the V or GN. I'd suggest the Woodward Dreamcruise August 18-19th for a good Cadillac owners car gathering, JD03Cobra here hosts it every year successfully. :thumbsup:

PISNUOFF
04-20-11, 11:06 PM
Nutz - I'd be down to go this year. I'll try not to break my car just before this years event.

Nutz
04-21-11, 08:15 AM
Good to hear! I'd recommend The Drury Inn, register early, it fills up quick as the owner let's us repave his rear parking lot all night every year. Good times.

Cobrahunter
04-22-11, 11:02 PM
^^^^NW dayton (englewood)

carpooler
04-26-11, 06:50 PM
Middletown Ohio here...infra red 07 V...looking to get a group of V owners together...Columbus sounds like a good meeting place I would be down

tkrn
05-11-11, 08:40 PM
Wow! The weather in Columbus is great today! Where are all you V people in Central Ohio!? I know there's an XLR-V on the west side of Columbus that rolls around Hilliard.

POS VETT
05-19-11, 02:02 AM
Well, I drive my CTS-V somewhat scarcely since it's my nice-weather daily driver.

carpooler
05-19-11, 10:00 AM
I attempted it last year, with a great deal of things to do like a car show, a tour of Corsa, Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame, vendor sponsorship, and a host hotel with a conference room, bar, in-house Italian restaurant, and free shuttle to Hopkins Airport and only 1 V showed up. If this ever gets momentum I would be glad to host it here, but so far zero enthusiasm and little or no participation. I arrange two fairly large events yearly with great results and helped start the LX and beyond Nationals and would be glad to help out in the Cadillac area. There are many car events that draw big crowds to Cleveland every year that we could merge with, and there is also a great opportunity to create a "Cadillac Owners Conference" here based on location, attractions, and accessibility. I also know the Bader family that owns Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk) drag strip, and rent the track annually. Corsa has significant sponsorship with Mid-Ohio too. We will see I guess.

Futz -- I think it is great that you work hard to help organize events. Contact me with dates for getting Cadillacs together. I live near Cincinnati and would be happy to make the drive up to the lake or nearby

Faber
08-03-11, 07:03 PM
I'm in the Cincinnati area - currently looking but not an owner yet but definitely will be. Looking at one now, but concerned it has the dreaded diff whine, but I have no comparison point as it was the 1st V I drove. Anyone up for giving me a ride to hear what it should sound like?

Moosey
08-05-11, 11:50 AM
In the Sandusky area... Right between Cleveland and Toledo. I know there's another guy a town over with one too.

carpooler
08-06-11, 06:56 AM
I would give you a ride in mine. My diff is good. Where do you live? I am in middletown

ROG
08-06-11, 07:51 AM
Moosey... Is yours a black one with the license plate "SAIL" ? I parked mine next to that one about a year ago downtown Sandusky by the Athletic Club.

rand49er
08-06-11, 09:28 AM
I'm in the Cincinnati area - currently looking but not an owner yet but definitely will be. Looking at one now, but concerned it has the dreaded diff whine, but I have no comparison point as it was the 1st V I drove. Anyone up for giving me a ride to hear what it should sound like?Dayman (been a while, so I hope that's his screen name) is in Dayton. Haven't heard from since V-Day I, though.

Faber
08-08-11, 08:26 AM
I would give you a ride in mine. My diff is good. Where do you live? I am in middletown

The ride would be much appreciated. I'm on the East side of Cinci - out in Eastgate. My number's 513-325-8305 & the name is Mark. Thanks again.