: New here!!

01_Deville
10-03-04, 10:32 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the cadillac scene.. or rather... HOPE to be an owner soon! I am looking into buying a 2001 Deville DTS ... silver, black leather interior, chrome rims, and sunroof. Hopefully my new job at the GM dealer in sales will help me find a good one at auction for a very nice price. I figure it will cost me about $20000.00 Canadian plus the cost of the extended warranty, with a mileage reading of approx. 60,000-80,000km. Are there any problem areas I should be aware of? How do all of you Deville owners enjoy your caddys?

Thanks alot for the input, it is greatly appreciated!!

Caddy01DTS
10-04-04, 01:12 AM
I love mine. Got it in August last year. It only had 8K when I bought it. I think it's got like 21K now. Only had a few minor probs. Go for it, you'll like it...
BTW, this IS the place to come for answers concerning Caddys. Sal's got a nice site here.

Adam
10-05-04, 06:46 PM
hey, welcome to the forums. yeah youll love that car if you get it (hope you do) and like Caddy 01 said, this is the place to come for info on Caddys. :welcome:

CADDYBLACK99
10-05-04, 09:03 PM
Welcome 01_Deville!

Good luck in your search! You should have lots of choices from within the GM system to choose from (maybe even an employee discount!?). Do your home work and find the best one with the lowest mileage (and in-service age). Get it "certified" (100+ point inspection) and then go for a nice cruise! Thanks for joining the forum. Here is some good pre-purchase information put together by ELWESSO and many other members.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5880
:welcome:
Paul

D148L0
10-05-04, 10:10 PM
:welcome: