: Hood Latch

chazglenn3
03-10-11, 10:28 AM
I still haven't acquired a factory service manual for my 2005 STS. Is replacing the hood latch just removing the three bolts and the release cable, or is there an electrical connector as well? It seems to me there should be a plug for the hood ajar and theft system but I don't see it from looking at it... :confused:

chazglenn3
03-10-11, 08:13 PM
Okay...I have the old latch out and the new latch mostly in...but I can't get the cable to go into the guide...any tricks? I have the ball end where it goes...I just cant get the plastic collar to fit in the circle it fits into.

chazglenn3
03-10-11, 09:06 PM
Guess I just needed to take a break. After I typed the last message I went back out to the garage and was able to get it.

AllWheelEric
03-10-11, 10:52 PM
Small hassle = big savings. Nice job.

txchl33
07-01-11, 11:20 AM
I still haven't acquired a factory service manual for my 2005 STS. Is replacing the hood latch just removing the three bolts and the release cable, or is there an electrical connector as well? It seems to me there should be a plug for the hood ajar and theft system but I don't see it from looking at it... :confused:

chazglenn3 - Will u tell me the process of replacing the hood latch/theft switch? I'm having the same problem. Any help would be good. Where did u find a new hood latch?
Thx.
jd