: How to properly launch the auto?

Jon Juice Elkaim
03-10-11, 11:02 AM
I know this is probably not a common question. But how do i launch the auto V? i was racing a mustang GT and he was ahead of me until 90 mph. If i floor it from 0 i just spin and go sideways (sorta) and if im at 30 im in a higher gear, so in that case would i go in sport manual mode and drop down to a lower gear? any tips ? thanks

cbloveday
03-10-11, 11:40 AM
I do not race on the street. I go to the track and there you have drag radials which hook off the line.

On the street you have to feather the throttle out of the hole. You can't just punch it. As you practise, you'll get to know the throttle and traction better.

vseries
03-10-11, 11:45 AM
first thing i would recommend is the wait4me auto trans tune, Once thats done keep it in sport mode (not manual) when you wanna "play" . The car will downshift when u need it to and with minimal delay.

BLitzkrieg
03-10-11, 11:59 AM
On the street I choose manual and pedal it. On the track it is sport auto and just punch it.

newcadman
03-10-11, 12:05 PM
Practice "rolling" into the throttle until you find the "sweet" spot between too much( blowing the tires off) and too little throttle ( no wheel spin at all).

gnxs
03-10-11, 12:16 PM
Practice "rolling" into the throttle until you find the "sweet" spot between too much( blowing the tires off) and too little throttle ( no wheel spin at all).
^ This. :thumbsup:

2nd day I owned my car I mastered this technique and found out all the best rolling speeds for optimal transmission downshifts......just in case. ;)

I had to re-practice some of this as I've modded the car.

e6t
03-10-11, 12:37 PM
street racing is for ye of minimal intelligence and pecker size.

my motto is:

my car is fast as shit. you know it. i know it. suck it.

gnxs
03-10-11, 12:41 PM

mrl859
03-10-11, 12:41 PM

lol!

Tedboss1
03-10-11, 12:42 PM
This has been covered many times before:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/173881-fastest-way-launch-auto.html

DrumStix
03-10-11, 07:00 PM

my motto is:

my car is fast as shit. you know it. i know it. suck it.

I thought that was my motto.
Why bother risking the impound of a $70K car for the retard next to you? It may come back fecked up as I've seen. Then there's the tickets and deaths....

Learn to pedal the car if you use street tires at the track. Ginger application of the throttle so the tires are just barely complaining is by far the fastest way to the other end. Once you break traction and have to catch it, there goes 4-6 car lengths and you look like a derp.

neuronbob
03-10-11, 08:20 PM
^^^^^
This, and...based on my experience, do not try this below about 50 degrees. There. will. be. no. traction. at. all. on the stock PS2s.