: You Guys weren't kidding about Jesse -wait4me

jojipoji
03-10-11, 10:57 AM
I paid for and ordered a DVD unlocker 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I tried calling a bunch of times and no answer. His phone doesn't even have an answering machine. I guess I have to just wait. There was a guy like this on the s2000 forums s2ki.com his name was hardtopguy that got so overwhelmed that he took peoples money and just stopped responding whatsoever. Hope that doesn't happen here

The Tony Show
03-10-11, 11:04 AM
Have you tried emailing? I see a lot of posts about difficulties contacting him by phone.

readyact
03-10-11, 11:14 AM
Jojipoji, Jesse is a good guy hopefully he'll contact you soon.

jrcmlc
03-10-11, 11:29 AM
I'm not saying anything about the OP's comments, but as an FYI, I've tried PM'ing and Emailing him at least 6 times for new work and pricing and the only REAL response I've gotten is to call him. I think he prefers phone calls over email, he says he gets hundreds per day and some "slip through".

So, when I get a minute, I'm going to call. That's not that big of a deal to me.

Joe

vseries
03-10-11, 11:31 AM
I paid for and ordered a DVD unlocker 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I tried calling a bunch of times and no answer. His phone doesn't even have an answering machine. I guess I have to just wait. There was a guy like this on the s2000 forums s2ki.com his name was hardtopguy that got so overwhelmed that he took peoples money and just stopped responding whatsoever. Hope that doesn't happen here

no worries he gets busy at times shoot him an email jessebubb@yahoo.com , just remember good things take time

cbloveday
03-10-11, 11:37 AM
I have luck calling around 9:00 central

1-574-267-3630
jessebubb@yahoo.com
Hannahbubb@yahoo.com

Gary Wells
03-10-11, 11:39 AM
Jesse's a very stand-up dude and he will take care of you. When you ordered, did he give you any estimated time / date of delivery?

e6t
03-10-11, 11:46 AM
i have had GREAT luck with jesse.

jrcmlc
03-10-11, 11:53 AM
I just finally got around to it, and sat down and tried to call him. No voicemail so he's prob. got something going on with the phones or who knows.

Joe

cbloveday
03-10-11, 11:59 AM
He may be on the line. Next time we speak, I'll let him know your trying to reach him.

jrcmlc
03-10-11, 12:16 PM
I appreciate it. I think I've called once, quite a while ago, and gotten voicemail..and I know my phones all go to voicemail if I'm on them, so who knows, he may have an issue. I'll try later.

Joe

gnxs
03-10-11, 12:19 PM
He picked up the phone after 1 ring when I tried his work # yesterday. :noidea:

jrcmlc
03-10-11, 12:21 PM
Is that the same # as posted above, or a different one?

Joe

musclesbmf
03-10-11, 12:29 PM
I've never had issue. I called monday, and no answer which prob meant he was on other line. But in less than 10 minutes he called me back.
FWIW... He's a a good guy and many of you don't realize how lucky we as a cadillac group are to hjave someone that does what he does because he likes it. As he has said in the past, he doesn't make many (much of it) from us with what he does. Most items he sells he sells at cost or very small margin. His money comes from the fact that he is the "international" EFILive go to guy. That's his business from my understanding, and all this cadillac stuff is his hobby. Anyways, my point is it's nice to see someone so knowledgable and not trying to get rich from it.

My $.02,
Mark

jojipoji
03-10-11, 12:34 PM
Jesse's a very stand-up dude and he will take care of you. When you ordered, did he give you any estimated time / date of delivery?

Yeah he said the next day...haha.

gnxs
03-10-11, 12:51 PM
Is that the same # as posted above, or a different one?

Joe
Same number.

thatcoder
03-10-11, 01:22 PM
had the same experience. he must have some favorites, because those people get call backs, others are just left to wait4him

elphil
03-10-11, 01:53 PM
Wait is his middle name, isn't it?

e6t
03-10-11, 03:27 PM
omg.

i emailed him 15 minutes ago and i havent heard back.

should i call hennessey or LPE?

im kidding... he'll call you and when he does, it will be worth it.

wait4me
03-10-11, 03:32 PM
Hi, yeah if i dont answer i am on the other line.. the phones ring non stop here, and get over 300, yes 300 emails a day. I cant always keep up with things. But i try to make sure that every single person i talk to on the phone gets all the time they need to answer all your questions ect...

Your Dvd unlocker has been shipped out this morning, We ran out that morning and i didnt know it, so i had to wait for the next batch to ship yours out. I usually keep 2 on hand at a time, and have 3 now, not counting yours that shipped. sorry for the delay.

hulksdaddy
03-10-11, 03:38 PM
Jesse's currently playing a World of Warcraft tournament. He'll be busy for weeks. :alchi:

e6t
03-10-11, 03:41 PM
his name is leeroy jenkins

hulksdaddy
03-10-11, 03:53 PM
his name is leeroy jenkins

HA!!

"Leeeeeeerooooooooooooy.....!"

sybersport
03-10-11, 04:13 PM
Maybe the forums should open a sub-section for each of the vendors. That way you folks can post your questions, and Jesse can hop in and respond. I've seen this on a number of Mustang message forums.

e6t
03-10-11, 04:28 PM
i ordered an exhaust from him an hour ago and it just arrived! talk about fast! thanks jes!!!

musclesbmf
03-10-11, 10:42 PM
i ordered an exhaust from him an hour ago and it just arrived! talk about fast! thanks jes!!!

You must be one of the "favored" ones...LOL. That was good stuff. Made me laugh.

musclesbmf
03-10-11, 10:49 PM

You must be one of the "favored" ones...LOL. That was good stuff. Made me laugh.

qictrk
03-10-11, 10:59 PM
Yea, I think he gets overwhelmed sometimes. I ordered a new CAI a little more than a week ago. I figure, I'll wait two weeks and then start bugging him. Jess, if your reading this, why not hire someone part time to come in and mail out all your orders. I'm sure your busy enough to keep someone busy doing the gopher work around the shop. If you tell me you already have your wife doing this for you, you need to hire someone else. She's not going to listen to you. LOL, Cecil..........

aj660
03-11-11, 06:22 AM
I've never had issue. I called monday, and no answer which prob meant he was on other line. But in less than 10 minutes he called me back.
FWIW... He's a a good guy and many of you don't realize how lucky we as a cadillac group are to hjave someone that does what he does because he likes it. As he has said in the past, he doesn't make many (much of it) from us with what he does. Most items he sells he sells at cost or very small margin. His money comes from the fact that he is the "international" EFILive go to guy. That's his business from my understanding, and all this cadillac stuff is his hobby. Anyways, my point is it's nice to see someone so knowledgable and not trying to get rich from it.

My $.02,
Mark

Jesse did some mods on my car and I met him in early Feb. He definitely knows his s**t regading LSx engines and GM and I agree that he has very reasonable prices especially labor/tuning. However, the wait4me phone/e-mail situation is quite different from other businesses; it's pretty weird not being able to leave a message after 10 rings and no one picked-up lol....

Domsz06
03-11-11, 09:16 AM
Jessse has talked about this before about why he doesn't hire someone and he has said that it's the liability he doesn't want to take on. Also doesn't want to raise his prices...

e6t
03-11-11, 10:57 AM
at the end of the day, anyone that has an issue with jesse doesnt have to go through him... he doesnt really owe anyone anything. if he takes longer than next day air and i dont want to wait, im sure there is someone out there with a fancy warehouse and shipping department that would be happy to fulfill that request.

me? I'll wait.

chrswk
03-11-11, 11:03 AM
If I pay him for something, he does owe me. It's not about waiting for him to place an order, it's about having paid for something and then never getting it. I know he's not going to take the money and run and appreciate his service to the community, but it just sucks not to know what's going on with your order.

Ketzer
03-11-11, 07:31 PM
at the end of the day, anyone that has an issue with jesse doesnt have to go through him... he doesnt really owe anyone anything. if he takes longer than next day air and i dont want to wait, im sure there is someone out there with a fancy warehouse and shipping department that would be happy to fulfill that request.

me? I'll wait.

:werd:

e6t
03-11-11, 08:04 PM
If I pay him for something, he does owe me. It's not about waiting for him to place an order, it's about having paid for something and then never getting it. I know he's not going to take the money and run and appreciate his service to the community, but it just sucks not to know what's going on with your order.

You paid him for something and never received it?

Mystical_Ice
03-11-11, 09:51 PM

the OP did apparently

Mystical_Ice
03-11-11, 09:52 PM
as for me, i'm looking forward to getting this 09, because i most definitely plan on getting him to do some work on my car =)

chrswk
03-12-11, 08:38 AM

I did. It was just a small part of my order and I still have hopes for it to arrive someday. I wish I lived in the US and could go there in person, because again, I have no doubt he does excellent work.

wait4me
03-12-11, 10:11 AM
You didnt get the second one i shipped out?? WTF! I will put the 3d one in the mail today for you. Ill put insurance on it this time so you can watch it as it leaves the states. We are only talking about a 15 dollar tube.... They are probably stuck in your customs or something???? Surely you guys are allowed to import tubing?????

sybersport
03-12-11, 12:52 PM
Hi, yeah if i dont answer i am on the other line.. the phones ring non stop here, and get over 300, yes 300 emails a day. I cant always keep up with things. But i try to make sure that every single person i talk to on the phone gets all the time they need to answer all your questions ect...

Your Dvd unlocker has been shipped out this morning, We ran out that morning and i didnt know it, so i had to wait for the next batch to ship yours out. I usually keep 2 on hand at a time, and have 3 now, not counting yours that shipped. sorry for the delay.

Can I have some fun with the numbers here? I'm bored today.

Let's just consider e-mails - 300 a day. I'll apply the 80/20 rule, and assume that a majority of e-mails are coming from existing customers - so 240, leaving 60 e-mails from new or potentially new customers. Of the existing customers, some may send 1 e-mail, others 5 per day - so let's average it at 3. For new customers, let's assume they are sending 2 e-mails, and also be conservative and say that only 10% end up being new customers. If we take today as the starting point, that makes 80 existing customers communicating with you on a regular basis, and 3 new customers (per day)

Of your existing customers, let's assume they each spent, on average, $1500. Of that revenue, let's assume at net profit of 15%. So $18,000 in profit, just on parts.

Of your 3 new customers (per day), let's assume the same as above - so $1500 average spend, 15% margin - that's $675 in profit, per day, just on parts.

Over the course of a year, assuming consistent e-mail flow, 5 days in a week and being conservative and saying 40 total weeks, you are generating $135,000 in net profit. Add existing profit, and you're at $153,000, before taxes, or $91,800 after taxes assuming a 40% effective tax rate.

Take out a salary - $80,000 (this is after taxes), leaves $11,800

The moral of the story... hire a student, part time, to manage your e-mails and order fulfillment :)

chrswk
03-12-11, 02:05 PM
You didnt get the second one i shipped out?? WTF! I will put the 3d one in the mail today for you. Ill put insurance on it this time so you can watch it as it leaves the states. We are only talking about a 15 dollar tube.... They are probably stuck in your customs or something???? Surely you guys are allowed to import tubing?????

Hate to tell you, but I still haven't got anything at my US address or overseas. I didn't get any calls from customs, so unfortunately I don't really know where the problem could be. I order a lot of stuff in the US and haven't had any problems with any carrier (USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) so far.

thebigjimsho
03-12-11, 10:33 PM
I don't think anyone can argue against Jesse's integrity. However, he does seem to always be spread a bit thin...