: Ctlsx-v

cbloveday
03-09-11, 09:39 PM
Here is the new build that Jesse and I are doing.
Everything that can swap over will be utilized.
Should be quick. :thumbsup:

Callies dragon slayer crank, sent out for
swain coating, xray for stress. extra material
removed to save weight Forged with 4.0
stroke

LSX racing bl... LSX racing engine block, sent out for xray
after final bore, magnufluxed, checked for
any flaws, extra material removed.

Callies 1500 i... compstar I beam rod forged 1500hp+ 4340
material with ARP upgraded bolts sent in for xray

Wiseco 4.155 bore -23 cc supercharged
pistons with gas relief ports, weight
reduction, valve clearanced for ls7 head,
sent off for piston coating for high heat/boost/ nitrous levels.

GFX High powered nitrous/high boost ring set for
4.155 bore pistons

Arp main studs for lsx block HD for 1500hp

New Melling high volume high pressure pump with
25% more volume than stock lsa

Durabond Racing Cam bearings for lsx block

ACL rod bearings, High output load acl bearings

ACL main bearings, Main bearings for standard bore
compcams magnum LS7 style 3/8" pushrods
larger diameter for higher spring pressures

Fully CNC ported LS7-based cylinder heads! (All New GM LS7 Cylinder Head Castings or Performance Inductions 6 Bolt LS7 Heads).700" Lift Double Spring Kit, 2.250"/1.61" Titanium Intake\Stainless Exhaust.

Cometic 4.16 head gasket copper engine assem... blueprint, assemble Lsx racing engine to exact racing specs.

New flexplate... 6Bolt hd flex plate for 6l90e trans to mate to
dragonslayer 58x with 6 new bolts

ls7 to ls3 intake. Mates ls7 heads to lsa intake design ls7 head part kit contains lash caps for titanium valves, ls7 specific rocker arms at 1.8 ratio, rocker arm
bolts, spring locators, and upgraded valve
seals.

Nitrous direct port up to 400 shot.

Domsz06
03-09-11, 10:29 PM
insane!!

nsaness
03-09-11, 10:35 PM
You are my idol and hero! How do you plan to hook up that kind of power? What suspension mods are you doing?

cbloveday
03-09-11, 10:38 PM
Not sure just yet. I will try it with stock suspension and see what happens.

e6t
03-09-11, 10:41 PM
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk.

wait4me
03-09-11, 10:43 PM
Power will be limited in first gear and on take off. Just like i did to make it so he had a 1.4~ 60ft off idle last time.. I hope.... It is going to be a crazy week build as long as all the parts come in time and i get all the extra stuff done. It has to be a in and out in a few day setup so ill be busy busy for a few days when the car gets dropped off. Motor is set to handle 1400hp, so at 1000 hp with the juice it should get interesting. Hopefully it wont take much juice.

whisler151
03-09-11, 10:50 PM
:quagmire:

andrewperez
03-09-11, 11:03 PM
Hopefully the dyno will hold up!!.....J.K. Jess.
Curtis......I had thought for a bit I had some time to catch up to your power. Guess not anymore!
Congrats! Can't wait to see the end result.

newcadman
03-09-11, 11:09 PM
Good for you, Curtis. Definitely a two thumbs up!

However one question. The tranny?, because as the saying goes, "the chain is no stronger than the weakest link!"

JOEYCTS-V
03-09-11, 11:28 PM
:bows: And I thought you were going all out. :) Good luck with the build. Hopefully everything goes smooth and the parts are there. I think you might have the first V to hit Mach 6.

cbloveday
03-09-11, 11:29 PM
Thanks guys. The tranny is next. Jesse has already discussed this with me. I hope to get a few passes before it goes out. We will just have to beef it up and see how long it holds.

Florian
03-09-11, 11:37 PM
should do that on a Saturn Sky instead....save piles o' weight.

F

Florian
03-09-11, 11:37 PM
should do that on a Saturn Sky instead....save piles o' weight.

F

neuronbob
03-09-11, 11:58 PM
Wow. Just......wow.

And you are going to daily drive this beast?

RapidRob
03-10-11, 12:01 AM
Not sure just yet. I will try it with stock suspension and see what happens.

Keeping your V as your daily driver was/is one of your previously stated priorities. Has that changed, or do you think that this build will allow nice mellow operations when wanted?

Congrats Curtis! Sounds like it's going to be a great build. Good luck!

Rob

wait4me
03-10-11, 12:09 AM
It will still be driven every day. It should even get more gas mileage once broken in. My exact build in my older car gets high 20s. It will just be smooth power all the way thru the rpms when he wants it. When the valve is open there is no boost so it just acts like a calm stock motor. Just as before. But stronger.

dvandentop
03-10-11, 12:21 AM
damn mang going all out~!!

GizmoQ
03-10-11, 04:24 AM
And my gearhead friends think I am crazy!! :bows::bows::bows: Can't wait to show them video of this.

ajjones44
03-10-11, 08:55 AM
:want: I hate you.................seriously through...................I really hate you right now.

Umrswimr
03-10-11, 09:55 AM
Holy f**k.

cbloveday
03-10-11, 10:48 AM
V will remain as DD.

If for some reason I change my mind I can always pull the power plant and put it in another car.

Razorecko
03-10-11, 10:54 AM
Sounds kickass Curtis ! - You might want to consider getting that rear diff cooler from GM while you're doing all that. I can't imagine the rear diff not overheating after a few super hot passes in the chicago summers.

cbloveday
03-10-11, 11:02 AM
Good point

gnxs
03-10-11, 01:05 PM
Sounds kickass Curtis ! - You might want to consider getting that rear diff cooler from GM while you're doing all that. I can't imagine the rear diff not overheating after a few super hot passes in the chicago summers.
Non-issue for drag racing, especially with cool-down time between passes.

demorgan59
03-10-11, 01:14 PM
What are you doing to the drivetrain? That motor 'ought to really chase the weak links around!

cbloveday
03-10-11, 01:37 PM
I plan to adress that once it gives out or starts slipping. I spoke to a few shops and Jesse about uprgrading the components. I'll make a decision and let youknow who I go with.

snzuloz
03-10-11, 04:07 PM
Your my hero Curtis! Going to need a chute soon... and a deflector to keep the transmission parts from getting into the rear tires! Might want to look into a scattershield of some sort, for safety sake, doesn't take much for components to come up thru the tunnel area. Looking forward to the end results!

Razorecko
03-10-11, 04:40 PM
i def agree on the scattershield

neuronbob
03-10-11, 07:48 PM
V will remain as DD.

If for some reason I change my mind I can always pull the power plant and put it in another car.

Bro, you are officially my hero. Oh wait, you already were! Every time I see one of your build threads I am tempted to drive back to Warsaw for something other than that W4M intercooler I still need.

Razorecko
03-10-11, 08:47 PM
so i'm guessing you're getting a package deal than with the TVS2300 ? =)

concorso
03-10-11, 09:12 PM
Youre going to need to do some weight training in the neck region! Look forward to following this!

thatcoder
03-11-11, 01:32 AM
do u still go to a cadillac dealership for service? nice mods..

cbloveday
03-11-11, 05:54 AM
I believe the free oil changes will stop.

cbloveday
03-11-11, 01:03 PM
I am having difficulty locating a vendor who makes a shield for the 6l90e.

Ideally, I would like a shield which adresses the flex plate and the tranny as well.

CSR Performance makes a super shield for the 6L40e which is nice but nothing for the 6l90e or even the 6l80e.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/csr841-super-shield---chevrolet-700r4---4l60e.jpg

Any ideas?

snzuloz
03-11-11, 01:42 PM
Curtis the transmissions are fairly new, might not be on the sites yet, probably going to have to do some calling around and see if something exists for the shields yet. Might have to get someone to make one out of carbon fibre for your application, wouldn't be certified but it would stop the internals from coming thru the floor if something let go perhaps.

cbloveday
03-11-11, 01:48 PM
Troy, I have called the following and got no where

Hughes Performance
Quick Time
T.C.I
CSR
ATI
B&M

I may need to have someone fabricate it, or see if Jesse is willing to lay across the tranny tunnel as a sacrificial lamb in our quest for deep 9s.

wait4me
03-11-11, 02:33 PM
If you are worried, i can buy some thick weave stainless steel mesh and adhere it to your bottom of the floor pan in your car. I have yet to see a trans break like what these guys are worried about. Worse case is the case would just crack. It isnt like the old clutch days where the material sucked and chopped off feet.. And it isnt like you are launching the car at full power at 6000rpms either. You are launching off idle... big big difference here...

cbloveday
03-11-11, 02:36 PM
Not too worried Jes. If I loose a leg, I could work for you, handing you wrenches etc. :)

Another option is to buy a universal transmission blanket. Except they probably weigh a ton.

cbloveday
03-11-11, 04:04 PM
Portland speed Industires (PSI) will be calling me back, after they consult with fabricator.

I told him it would need to be SFI.

I'll advise you all on what they say.

http://www.tunedbypsi.com/

Razorecko
03-11-11, 04:16 PM
If you are worried, i can buy some thick weave stainless steel mesh and adhere it to your bottom of the floor pan in your car. I have yet to see a trans break like what these guys are worried about. Worse case is the case would just crack. It isnt like the old clutch days where the material sucked and chopped off feet.. And it isnt like you are launching the car at full power at 6000rpms either. You are launching off idle... big big difference here...

Hasn't happened with our V's yet but it's happened with a jeep srt8

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57977

cbloveday
03-12-11, 09:40 AM
Fab guy from PSI called me last night and advised of all the 1000rwhp Vs out there, none have a scatter shield. My immediate thought was, that can't be alot. However, I said nothing. They said in order to do a "one off" they would need the car @ their shop to check for clearances etc..

I told him thank you but I will not do that. I thought about asking them to locate one in their area and do a mock up, but I let it go.

I will think this over and if need be, I will just buy a universal tranny blanket or have Jesse reinforce the floor with the weave he mentioned.